80's OVA's your desperate to see?

I can't remember the name of the show and I can't even remember if it was even a series or not but it involved a bunch of robot characters (possibly misfits) which could joint together into a single robot. (no im not talking about Voltron..)

One of the characters was a fairly plump looking figure who would eat garbage or scrap.. I have been wrecking my old brain trying to remember more about it but I know I loved it when I was a kid!

I can't remember the name of the show and I can't even remember if it was even a series or not but it involved a bunch of robot characters (possibly misfits) which could joint together into a single robot. (no im not talking about Voltron..)

One of the characters was a fairly plump looking figure who would eat garbage or scrap.. I have been wrecking my old brain trying to remember more about it but I know I loved it when I was a kid!

Mighty Orbots.

Do you remember... RIKI-OH! ;) There were two OVAs. The first was RIKI-OH: The Wall of Hell (1989). The second one was titled RIKI-OH: Child of Destruction (1990). Both were based on the great manga by Masahiko Takajo and Tetsuya Saruwatari serialized in 1988 to 1990.

Anyone else watch these OVAs and manga series?

I just saw the live action version. Holy sh!t did I laugh my ass off.

Go to 2:45 for a Daily Show flashback.

Yep! that's the one! Awesome! I haven't watched this series in over 25 years I'd say! Brings back so many memories! Thanks for telling me the name Renegadeleader1! :)

I believe that you can find some episodes (if not the entire series) on YouTube.

I just saw the live action version. Holy sh!t did I laugh my ass off.

Go to 2:45 for a Daily Show flashback.

OMG! this was utterly woeful! :lol:

I believe that you can find some episodes (if not the entire series) on YouTube.

Yeah I did find a few eps on Youtube! Will have to download all the eps for keeps!

Do you remember... RIKI-OH! ;) There were two OVAs. The first was RIKI-OH: The Wall of Hell (1989). The second one was titled RIKI-OH: Child of Destruction (1990). Both were based on the great manga by Masahiko Takajo and Tetsuya Saruwatari serialized in 1988 to 1990.

Anyone else watch these OVAs and manga series?

Never heard of them, but that artwork is reminiscent of Ryoichi Ikegami's work.

And thanks for the tip on the Art book Fortress, I'll keep an eye out for it!

Edited by Chas

• 3 years later...

I can't say I'm desperate (or I would search more) but the list of old OVAs or series would be.

Future War 198X

Dirty Pair

Megazone 23 (I know that one is out there somewhere).

Fight Iczer 1 (that one too)

Robot Carnival (Netflix has that one I think and I really ought to sit back and watch it)

The Daicon IV opening (here it is - my friends and I had it on VHS and would step through it frame by frame to try and name all the characters and ships we knew).

On 3/23/2019 at 5:51 PM, davidwhangchoi said:

reviving old thread:

crosspost

i picked up Area 88 OVA today:wub:

IMG_4517.JPG

I've never seen the Area 88 anime. I love the UN Squadron game on SNES. But for some reason never checked out the anime once I realized it was an anime after playing the game.

15 hours ago, Dynaman said:

I can't say I'm desperate (or I would search more) but the list of old OVAs or series would be.

Future War 198X

Dirty Pair

Megazone 23 (I know that one is out there somewhere).

Fight Iczer 1 (that one too)

Robot Carnival (Netflix has that one I think and I really ought to sit back and watch it)

The Daicon IV opening (here it is - my friends and I had it on VHS and would step through it frame by frame to try and name all the characters and ships we knew).

I only recently saw Megazone 23 and Iczer-1. Both are awesome. I never heard of Future War 198X. I'll check wiki on that one.

• 8 months later...

IMPORTANT:

Well as some of you may know a lot of people from reddit and 4chan are trying to find very Gory and disturbing 80's or 90's anime OVA titled "Go for a punch" or "Saki Subarashi",  some people claimed they saw it but dont remember when or where. The OVA is about school girls trapped in a school bathroom with no exit for days, and eventualy they end up killing themselves. If you have a copy of this OVA or can somehow contribute to this lost media please find a tread about this on Reddit and post it there.

- M

• Dangard Ace changed the title to 80's OVA's your desperate to see?
53 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

IMHO it was one of greatest groundbreaking pieces of anime after AKIRA. 

Urotsukidōji actually predated AKIRA by over a year... and being a "hentai" title, was produced, distributed, and marketed in a significantly different manner than the mainstream theatrical distribution AKIRA enjoyed.  It's difficult to compare the two.

5 minutes ago, tekering said:

Urotsukidōji actually predated AKIRA by over a year... and being a "hentai" title, was produced, distributed, and marketed in a significantly different manner than the mainstream theatrical distribution AKIRA enjoyed.  It's difficult to compare the two.

What I mean is it helped make anime popular outside Japan just like AKIRA did.

2 hours ago, Mynameisnotrequired said:

The OVA is about school girls trapped in a school bathroom with no exit for days, and eventualy they end up killing themselves. If you have a copy of this OVA or can somehow contribute to this lost media please find a tread about this on Reddit and post it there.

- M

This sounds like an episode of "The Facts of Life" gone completely wrong.

Ginga sengoku gunyuuden Rai from Joji Manabe

I know it's not an OVA series and it's from the 90s...but still it seems almost impossible to find in a decent language. I was able to read the first 8 volumes of the manga but then they just stopped pubblishing. Actually, if somebody knows where i can find the 52 episodes of the series i would really appreciate the help.