Not getting pop-ups from new PM's.

Add another member to the list. I'm not receiving any pop up notices. I really liked this feature, so it'd be great if it would work again.

EDIT: Wouldn't you know it, I just got a PM while I typed this message and the pop up magically appeared. I guess the problem has fixed itself. Or it could be a Firefox issue :(

Edited by Mr March

• 1 month later...

I've figured it out!

The MacrossWorld forums have changed address in the last update. From Hurin in "MW News and Site Info" forum:

Make sure your saved bookmarks aren't references www. That's now defunct and the forums now think they're just at: http://macrossworld.com.

So, you may need to just delete your old bookmarks and recreate them.

Now, Hurin was discussing this in relation to a problem that prevents login from taking upon each visit. However, this should also work for those who have no login problems, but other board features are not functioning the way they should (like the PM notification window).

So, what you have to do is:

• Log out of the forums
  • Delete your cookies/cache
  • Delete the Macross World FORUMS bookmark from your browser(s)
  • Close your browser and start back up.
  • Go to the Macross World MAIN PAGE and visit the forums by clicking the link
  • THIS NEXT STEP IS VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU HAVENT CLEARED YOUR TEMP FILES: click on the Macross World Forums (third line from the top left of the page) to reload the main forum index and watch the address bar in your browser. It should change from www.macrossworld to just http://macrossworld.com
The forums should now function normally. You should remain logged in and more importantly, the message box for Private Messages should function like it's supposed to. I received my first PM yesterday after attempting this and it worked. Edited by Mr March