red and blue

lmm@vf1

just completed a pair of gerwalk and want to share with u guys. :D

Both of them r old bandai plastic kits (content same to imai old kits).

The blue vf-1j was modified from 1:72 transfromable kit. i have fixed it in the gerwalk mode and now it cannot transfrom anymore.

IPB Image

This one is the 1:72 bandai super valk which can be assemble to a gerwalk mode. the cone nose was replaced by a spare part of Hasegawa kit.

IPB Image

hope u guys like them :)

Those look awesome man, really really awesome. They don't look like the Bandai kits at all. Did you use and Hasegawa kits in the process?

thx grayson72 :D

yes, I used hasegawa parts on cockpit also. It's easy to get a spare seat from vf-1d, vt-1 or ve-1.

And the hands/palms r came from bandai MG kits. As what I remember, the blue one with mg gp02 hands and the red one with hands of rx78.

To other guys,

thx a lot. :lol:

herewith some of the photo in the process.

http://space.uwants.com/index.php/1444113/...e_itemid_137806

the original colour of the kit is in red. the parts in white colour r reconstructed by styrene board. Speak frank, I think the original shape and feature of both old valk kits r not bad. What I had done is only rebuilt the joints of legs and feet. To modify the gesture and then add some details on them.

Excellent, clean finish to these. Really captures that Anime look. I noticed that your Millia doesn't have the knee-cap piece, was this in order to capture the pose you wanted, or did the kit not have it?

Very nice work man, I tip my hat to you!

I agreee with the coment regarding the sculpt of the old bandai kits, Besides the nose the rest can be made to really pop with just a little work.

Chas, the Bandai Gerwalk kits don't come with any knww cap, just that one piece joining the lower leg to the intakes.

Cheers,

Berttt

Very nice work man, I tip my hat to you!

I agreee with the coment regarding the sculpt of the old bandai kits, Besides the nose the rest can be made to really pop with just a little work.

Chas, the Bandai Gerwalk kits don't come with any knww cap, just that one piece joining the lower leg to the intakes.

Cheers,

Berttt

Thx Berttt. :D

I did read the post of your gerwalk. Those panel lines are really great and I am waiting for your great job.

Yes, you r right. My Bandai kit didn't come with the knee caps for gerwalk mode but came with knee caps for super valk mode. Actually, I have modified them for my gerwalk but forgot to put them on while taking the photo :(

post-3225-1182843227_thumb.jpg

Yes, you r right. My Bandai kit didn't come with the knee caps for gerwalk mode but came with knee caps for super valk mode.

Wow! you mean Bandai actually included some Anime Magic in their kits. That's pretty cool!

is the Bandai model kits same as the ARii kits??? are they the same scale??? thanks.....

Both Arii and Imai went bankrupt in the early 80's. Bankruptcy court forced Arii to sell off all their tooling to Bandai for any Macross model kits that cost more than 300 yen. All their later re-issued kits are the ones they were able to keep! Whereas Imai were for forced to sell off all their tooling to Bandai for any Macross model kits they had made. (info taken from the models section of the main site - Very handy and informmative :rolleyes: )

I think the only 1/72nd scale stuff Arii released were an armoured Battroid, a Glaug, and some Destroids.

Both Arii and Imai went bankrupt in the early 80's. Bankruptcy court forced Arii to sell off all their tooling to Bandai for any Macross model kits that cost more than 300 yen. All their later re-issued kits are the ones they were able to keep! Whereas Imai were for forced to sell off all their tooling to Bandai for any Macross model kits they had made. (info taken from the models section of the main site - Very handy and informmative :rolleyes: )

I think the only 1/72nd scale stuff Arii released were an armoured Battroid, a Glaug, and some Destroids.

Thanks for the info Chas. Although it is in the main site I never saw it.