VF-25?

T.V.

Per title.

I felt like sketching when I saw Graham's kindly provided Newtype Magazine, featuring some rough doodles by Kawamori for the prospective new VF design for the 25th anniversary series.

For dramatic effect I PSed it as a blueprint too, which I like better. :lol:

Enjoy. ;)

post-4752-1181767880_thumb.jpg

post-4752-1181767899_thumb.jpg

As I posted in the other thread, this is a very interesting concept drawing you've created. I like the overall direction you've taken with the design. Very slim and robotic looking. I'm a big fan of the more mechanized direction Kawamori took with the Macross Plus/Macross Zero mecha, so I like seeing those elements in your design. Very nice sketch.

Nice work overall, and as I said in the other thread the biggest problem I have with it is that you show the engines on the back, yet retain the intakes on the legs, would make feeding air to them on impossible side.

Nice work overall, and as I said in the other thread the biggest problem I have with it is that you show the engines on the back, yet retain the intakes on the legs, would make feeding air to them on impossible side.

I don't see an issue with it considering they are nuclear engines after all. It has been debated whether intakes are even needed in VFs...

Intakes may be needed for some sort of cooling of a reactor type engine. However, I don't think air is enough to cool a reactor. More technology would be needed to cool it than actually make the engine itself. :D

Guys. Half assed sketch.

I messed up, okay? :lol:

No no no no noooo, you're not getting away that easily young man. You will sit your @ss down and listen to us taking your so called 'half assed sketch' completely apart to tell you what you did wrong. :p

Intakes may be needed for some sort of cooling of a reactor type engine. However, I don't think air is enough to cool a reactor. More technology would be needed to cool it than actually make the engine itself. :D

The intakes might have the funtion of running low temperature air past ducts with cooling fluid, which in turn, cools the reactors.

It closes the intakes. The same way it closes them when it is in battroid mode.

Technically the VF-0 can only operate underwater for a few minutes (or seconds, can't remember specifically.)

Per title.

I felt like sketching when I saw Graham's kindly provided Newtype Magazine, featuring some rough doodles by Kawamori for the prospective new VF design for the 25th anniversary series.

For dramatic effect I PSed it as a blueprint too, which I like better. :lol:

Enjoy. ;)

I don't want to be mean guys, but Kawamori have to start from '0' to design the new valk or valks for the new series.

• 4 weeks later...
Regarding air intake, I wonder how can the VF-0 dive into the sea while it is using normal jet engine?

It also obviously/probably got the originally planned nuclear engines (finally), in addition to closing the intake doors.