Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

My theory, in spoilers just in case. =)

John goes forward into the future, becomes the John Conner he's supposed to have been the entire time with the help of Weaver-bot and knowing everything he knows. Skynet sees John Conner as a threat when he comes out as a leader and knows so much about Skynet and sends back Arnie to kill Sarah. John, knowing how things already go down, sends back Kyle Reese already knowing Reese will do the deed and plant the seed. By going into the future, John creates the reason for Skynet sending back Arnie. Repeat. Self fulfilling prophecy. Plot holes filled by the removal of 3 from the entire series and the fact that just about every one of them(the time travelers - cyborg or otherwise) is from an alternate post-JD.

I was wondering if that would be the case, too, except there's one minor major problem:

John didn't jump forward with the Polaroid of Sarah that he ends up giving to Kyle.

Great episode

It explains why Future Connor never appears in the flash backs. Also explains all the mysterious odd orders Future Connor made.

They don't all make sense but in order for everything to happen the way it is suppose to John keeps having to make the same decisions. Was Weaver the T-1000 that was on that sub?

. It was a good series finally if that what is was. You could end it there. They could do more season but I think the Movie is going to take over.

To answer your question Roy, yes i believe Weaver was. It's the only viable conclusion since we only saw ONE T-1000...technically.

Was weaver controlling the drone because at the end we see some liquid metal blob merge with her, or did she get hacked by another T-1000?

Weaver took down the 888 quickly.

Is Cameron in the future or still in 09 in John Henry body and did she and John Henry merge their programing becoming something new.

Is that the Girl Camron is based on at the end.

Was weaver controlling the drone because at the end we see some liquid metal blob merge with her, or did she get hacked by another T-1000?

Weaver took down the 888 quickly.

Is Cameron in the future or still in 09 in John Henry body and did she and John Henry merge their programing becoming something new.

Is that the Girl Camron is based on at the end.

That blob was one of the eels in the fishtank. Kinda cool, wonder if it was intelligent and could carry on without her.

Good catch on the eel. At first I thought it was a piece of Weaver that got blown off during the explosion/collision. It would have been cool if there was a scene where she could have used that ploy to get the jump on a terminator trying to attack John Henry or something. Or, maybe if someone was in her office trying to steal information while she was away, then the eel T-1000 could jump into action.

personally, it didn't seem like the eel added anything to Weaver's capabilities when it merged with her. But we do know that each part of the T-1000 is capable of acting independently, since they can move themselves back together ala Terminator 2. So it leads me to believe that Weaver leaves an inconspicuous part of her monitoring her office for security reasons. Since that wasn't going to be necessary anymore, I can understand why she'd take it with her now that she was leaving.

What still bugs me though is how many people Weaver killed to get John Henry online... And what was the point of her killing off the guys at the power plant many episodes ago? How does that even cultivate John Henry's development? Her becoming a 'good' character didn't even seem remotely possible until the previous 5 episodes. Have the T-1000s grown to such a point where they develop morality? Kind of strange, since the T-1000 exhibited no remorse whatsoever. Regardless, the T-1000 onboard the nuclear sub declined the offer to join forces with humanity, so it seems strange that Weaver, another T-1000 sent back, is in favor of helping them... Either Weaver is of a different faction of T-1000's, or she was sent back in time earlier and never got the memo. Lol.

Anyway, this whole series has derailed from Terminator Salvation and is on its own arc. With alternate futures and alternate pasts... and time machines that never specific which alternate future or past you're fighting for, its already incredibly messed up. Interesting, but it just tells me that no matter what John does or doesn't do, there will be an alternate future where humanity is saved, and another where humanity is lost.

What still bugs me though is how many people Weaver killed to get John Henry online... And what was the point of her killing off the guys at the power plant many episodes ago? How does that even cultivate John Henry's development?

The faction building the HK's and the power plant are one and the same. She killed them once she found out about them. They weren't working for her, which is what I thought when I first saw it.

I went back and watched a bit of T2

I noticed that the CPU is far better protected on the T-800, and not so easily accessed like on Cameron, and the other T-888s. In fact, it'd be pretty hard to get the chip out with just a knife.

And the other thing was, Skynet set their CPUs on read-only... which meant that skynet was aware of the possibility of the Terminators growing out of their control. I guess it happened anyway, despite their precaution. :(

I don't think Weaver was "good" or "bad" she was carrying out her programming to the best of her ability.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought she was on her own and she wasn't specifically programmed for any mission. She did what she wants. :unsure:

Regardless, the T-1000 onboard the nuclear sub declined the offer to join forces with humanity, so it seems strange that Weaver, another T-1000 sent back, is in favor of helping them... Either Weaver is of a different faction of T-1000's, or she was sent back in time earlier and never got the memo. Lol.

I believe she would have say "yes" to join "John Connor" if:

she wasn't been pointed by a Plasma Rifle (that's why she killed that girl upon self-defense).

she didn't saw Jessa shot her own kind

Jessa didn't try to destroy her by destroying the sub

Anyone has any idea why Cameron says "no" initially when she was asked "would u join us" in the last episode?

Edited by Repiv_Onex

When Weaver or any T-1000 travels through time they end up with out any clothes, but the cloths are just a part of the terminator so does the T-1000 lose mass when it travels through time.

I think it's simply to minimize viewers attention on minor matter that the production team doesn't want it to distract possible viewers' mood/attention on the show. I mean there would be definitely more ppl say "Hey, she end up with Clothes after Time-travelling and John was naked!?"

Another reason is, I believe, the T-1000 do wear clothes on normal routine, so kink marks/crease/wrinkles on the clothes would look more natural on daily basis when meeting ppl.

Well they say that only organic matter can be sent back in time... So the terminators sent back MUST be covered in artificial flesh, otherwise they won't go through. The exception seems to be the T-1000's who mold themselves to create an exterior that can mimic this effect. And I assume that's why the T-1000 in T2, the Terminator in T3 and Weaver can all do that. I would also assume that she would retract her clothes back into herself as she goes through time, so it doesn't get disintegrated like clothing... which would also explain why she's naked on the other end. However, whatever the case, the metal that makes up the T-1000 seems to still COUNT as organic matter, so whether its formed as clothing or not around her, it'll go through time without issue. I would assume that Cameron didn't go through since she wasn't perfectly covered (had parts of her internals exposed)

Also, I doubt the T-1000 needs clothes. I think they're sufficiently capable of emulating clothing behaviour like stretching, folds, wrinkles on their own.

And the other thing was, Skynet set their CPUs on read-only... which meant that skynet was aware of the possibility of the Terminators growing out of their control. I guess it happened anyway, despite their precaution. :(

In the extended director's cut, the CPU's are read-only (even though that makes no sense, as noted by the computer scientist who was the movie's technical consultant on neural networks). In the original theatrical cut, they dropped the explanation and the subsequent CPU extraction scene, and replaced it with a line about how he learns human behavior the more time he spends around people.

In the extended director's cut, the CPU's are read-only (even though that makes no sense, as noted by the computer scientist who was the movie's technical consultant on neural networks). In the original theatrical cut, they dropped the explanation and the subsequent CPU extraction scene, and replaced it with a line about how he learns human behavior the more time he spends around people.

heh, that's not the only thing that doesn't make sense... like why would a computer need a UI for it's own sensors? :lol:

Despite their 'read only' nonsense, which would put him in a state of permanent short term memory loss, I assumed what they were still trying to say was that Skynet had already thought about a Terminator's individual capability to 'think' and deemed that too dangerous and would have stemmed it right off the production line.

I guess not :(. Silly skynet, making the mistakes of the humans that made it.

Just a bit of info on the T-1000.

ADVANCED PROTOTYPE TERMINATOR INFILTRATOR Series 1 Model 1A Type 1000- This Advanced Prototype was the last and most advanced design of SKYNET's Infiltrator / Terminator series of HK units. The amount of materials and resources that SKYNET devoted to making the T1000 project a reality was simply staggering, even to the machine intellect. The time and materials that it required to produce one T1000 HK unit was the same time and materials that it took to produce five T500 HK units! However, the tactical ramifications of the very abilities and the existence of the T1000 meant that SKYNET was not only about to achieve a tactical advantage against the Resistance, but within a short time, it would achieve a strategic advantage as well.

Using a production run of two thousand T1000 HK units, SKYNET projected a turn around in the human advances within one month, a total reversal of present situation in 3 months, and the absolute domination of SKYNET over the planet within 6 months. These two thousand units would utterly exhaust SKYNET's facilities, leaving it unable to create more units until more resources could be acquired, but with the capabilities of the T1000, resources that were otherwise in areas that were tactically and strategically unobtainable would soon be accessible to even SKYNET's lightest units.

The T1000 used a whole new level of technology; nano-technology. The T1000 was not just a machine, it was a combination of millions and millions of microscopic machines network linked together in a cohesion subroutine. Each machine was constructed of mimetic poly-alloy, a pseudo-living creature composed not of living cells, but rather billions of tiny machines. The T1000 could change shape simply by ordering parts of itself to move into a new position. The T1000 could imitate perfectly anything that it sampled by physical contact, including perfect copies of humans, though complex machines were beyond the limit of the copying process. it could quickly reproduce simple machines; prybars, wedges, blades, but it could not reproduce complex machines such as firearms and other projectile or energy weapons as these had complex moving parts and required other chemicals and/or special fuels. Powered by an advanced molecular power source superior to that of even the T800, the T1000 could physically match the machine strength of any lesser machine.

A molecular matrix brain allowed the T1000 to carry the same data, programs, and detailed files that the T800 series could, as well as actually be able to learn. The T1000 also differed from the T800 in that it had only one mode; autonomous. When SKYNET created the T1000, it was desperate for victory, but it also realized that it was, quite possibly, creating the one weapon that might turn against its own creator. A weapon that SKYNET didn't know if it could defend itself against. The nature and disposition of the T1000 was hard to calculate and SKYNET took great pains into programming the unit with a myriad of fail-safes to keep it from turning on the creator. Still, SKYNET was unsure about the wisdom of creating such a powerful unit with total autonomy and free will.

I thought they were from various Terminator novels myself, wasn't sure. I always looked around the net but I never found anything. In either case it's good reading.

There were some old Terminator comics I've read over the years and some of them were pretty awesome themselves.

I think there were a few homages to the first 2 films, I believe they had a shot of the gas station from the end of the first film, and a similar type of Gun arnie used in the first film with the laser pointer.

Man there were a lot of holes left in that finale. One of the biggest though, IMHO, why in the world would the resistance follow this John Conner? THink about it, some naked 16 year old kid shows up and you're automatically suppossed to start following him, why, what makes him so special? Is it his knowledge of the terminator tech, what? If there is another season or a wrap up tele-movie they will have to jump through a lot of hoops to correct the errors. Also, where was skynet this whole time? And, how was weaver able to jump forward in time when she is not living tissues, I always figured that when previous T-1000s were sent back that they were wrapped in T-888 pseudoskin in order to make it possible, but that ending through that out. Also, did anyone notice how the dialog when John was "inspecting" Cameron's power supply, if listened to with no visuals was quiet close to what one would here in a sex scene? I thought that that was funny myself. Now if you excuse me I see a mack truck driving right towards the plot hole I'm standing in front of.

Man there were a lot of holes left in that finale. One of the biggest though, IMHO, why in the world would the resistance follow this John Conner? THink about it, some naked 16 year old kid shows up and you're automatically suppossed to start following him, why, what makes him so special? Is it his knowledge of the terminator tech, what? If there is another season or a wrap up tele-movie they will have to jump through a lot of hoops to correct the errors. Also, where was skynet this whole time? And, how was weaver able to jump forward in time when she is not living tissues, I always figured that when previous T-1000s were sent back that they were wrapped in T-888 pseudoskin in order to make it possible, but that ending through that out. Also, did anyone notice how the dialog when John was "inspecting" Cameron's power supply, if listened to with no visuals was quiet close to what one would here in a sex scene? I thought that that was funny myself. Now if you excuse me I see a mack truck driving right towards the plot hole I'm standing in front of.

I think it's going to take John a few years before he becomes the leader of the resistance. It's not like he's going to take charge right away.

Man there were a lot of holes left in that finale. One of the biggest though, IMHO, why in the world would the resistance follow this John Conner? THink about it, some naked 16 year old kid shows up and you're automatically suppossed to start following him

I don't think these are consider loopholes, if they want, I'm sure they could come up with a story of how the Resistance recognise John as the Resistance Leader, but that's definitely "unrelated" to Sarah Connor Chronicles. Maybe when there's a John Connor Chronicles.

Also, where was skynet this whole time?

Fighting the Resistance? Definitely not playing online games. :ph34r:

After picking up and reading the #0 Comic prequel and the first two chapters from prequel book From The Ashes, it seems they didn't fully write out the end of T3 but it could also could mesh with my previous theory of the shows last episode about past John becoming future John and the whole thing being self-fulfilling. Kate mentions in the book that he's "their only hope, even if they don't know it yet." Also, thus far we've also seen he's a nobody in TS and the comic backs that up.

Lots has changed.

While I agree to a point that them just up and making him leader of the whole thing is silly from a common sense point of view, as soon as JD happened and he got in touch with anyone they'd learn very quickly that he has EXTENSIVE knowledge of Skynet and that would have to make up for something.

Edited by Chewie