Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - <<Season 1>>

I'm liking the kyrios if only because it transforms and the fighter's nose isn't use a shield. :p

Setsuna F. Seiei

16-years-old

Screen details: "Fated boy soldier born & raised in the war-torn Middle East's Kurdis Republic. A cool kid who hates getting close to others and keeps his feelings inside."

OMG.....Heero Yuy / Sagara Sousuke?

And having names like Allelujah and Lockon are just.....pretencious.

Still not sure if I like the new Gundam designs. They kinda remind me of ZOE's Orbital Frames, without the huge cock-pits :)

And what do you have against Orbital Frames? I happen to like the D*ick Viper. :D

And what do you have against Orbital Frames? I happen to like the D*ick Viper. :D

I've nothing against Orbital Frames, just not sure if I like my Gundam's looking like them, though now that I've mentioned as much, the sup'd up Excia that is almost assuredly going to pop up in the second half of the series may very well have a huge cock-pit :)

I'm liking the kyrios if only because it transforms and the fighter's nose isn't use a shield. :p

OMG.....Heero Yuy / Sagara Sousuke?

And having names like Allelujah and Lockon are just.....pretencious.

Allelujah I agree with but how Is Lockon pretentious? I personally couldn't stop laughing.

Allelujah I agree with but how Is Lockon pretentious? I personally couldn't stop laughing.

A pilot named Lockon is piloting a sniper-type mech? You can't get as pretentious as that. :huh:

The designs kinda remind me Super Robot Wars OG.

hope this series will be a more serious series rather than some kids having some special abilities to manuever G.U.N.D.A.M.S again...but wait, <_< it looks like it...

just hope that the story line wont suck as Destiny did

• 3 weeks later...

Thank for the link, GRAND CANNON: very interesting reading

I like this part:

Q: What kind of Gundam story are you aiming for?

A: Don't know if this is a good or bad thing. I haven't watched a lot of the previous Gundam series. When I was first offered this job, I thought to myself, "Aren't there more Gundam-minded people than me?" Sunrise told me "We want to create a new Gundam so the director doesn't have to know a lot about Gundam." I have staff like Yousuke Kuroda and mecha designers, who are Gundam fans, so they will make sure it is Gundam while I will try to create without thinking too much that this is a Gundam series. Perhaps, this might be the theme, but I will bring my own Gundam-ness to the series.

Really looking forward to this now :)

Nope, It reminds of Gundam-X.

Nope. Wrong. There are no elements of Gundam X in the transforming one. Gundam Exia is more reminiscent of Impulse or Strike Gundam due to the armament systems compared to X, which is more reminiscent by appearance. The new transforming Gundam is definitely Murasame-like from the wings to the upward canting centre to the rear to the cockpit. NONE of the Gundams there look like any in X, not Airmaster, Airmaster Burst, Leopard, Leopard X, or Double X. Also I have no idea what you have watched, but none of the characters look like the ones in Gundam X either. Shinn Asuka and Murata Azrael. The ONLY one that looks anything like an X character is the blackhaired girl, and she almost looks like Tifa Adil, not so far from it due to a difference in appearance age wise and also hair and slight features of the face. Any more and you're going a LONG stretch.

Edited by kensei

Q: How will the MS designs and battle action turn out?

A: We hope to bring 2 styles: one is the super action style from SEED, second are actions that take advantage of the MS. When the plot of Gundams entering the conflict was being setup, we had a conversation saying "It might be all right for the Gundams to be super mecha." Therefore, the antagonist's MS was designed reflecting today's weapons and the Gundams were designed to confront them. It will feel like super mecha vs real mecha. The concept of the Gundam being far superior is one concept I had from the beginning. I don't know how much of that you will see, but the staff will follow along and hopefully you might see some odd looking scenes

Urmmm..... yay? :rolleyes:

That's crap. SEED was better in that case, and SEED Destiny brought the Gundams down to almost the level of a mass production type mobile suit, cause they were still very vulnerable to beam weapons.

Designs or not, just looks at the pics or the mood/atmosphere of series. None of them have seed elements.

Bright colours with modern animation, from character design to mecha design and background, again, the flavor is definitely more SEED and less X, if at all. The only thing that may possible be like X more than SEED is the story which we have info, but don't know much about.

Edited by kensei

I'm still getting a Wing-vibe from this...

That's crap. SEED was better in that case, and SEED Destiny brought the Gundams down to almost the level of a mass production type mobile suit, cause they were still very vulnerable to beam weapons.

What Mizushima said and what I've heard seem to match up. In 00, everybody has MSs, so the the arms race isn't there like in SEED or MSG. Again, I'm getting a Wing-vibe from this. Celestial Being has the performance suits while everybody else has the cannon-fodder stuff.

I'm still getting a Wing-vibe from this...

What Mizushima said and what I've heard seem to match up. In 00, everybody has MSs, so the the arms race isn't there like in SEED or MSG. Again, I'm getting a Wing-vibe from this. Celestial Being has the performance suits while everybody else has the cannon-fodder stuff.

Sounds like FMP. The rest of the world has these clunky mecha whereas Celestial Being will have the uber ones that are faster and more powerful than the rest. Then of course there will be an evil secret organization that has the same tech as Celestial Being and want the wars to go on.......

well i'm happy as long as there's loli. XD