Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - <<Season 1>>

Looks like another AU.

I won't hold my breath.

"We begin the armed intervention to all warfare with Gundam"

Anyone wanna make a guess about this story? Probably only one MS in the whole world. Buncha kids get a hold on it and only they can pilot it for some reason. (Newtype powahzzz) They decide to stop worldwide conflict by sending Gundam in and destroy the enemies so that the war will stop. That is until another Gundam pilot appear and he's EVILLLLL.

Edited by wolfx

Gunota's entry on the new series:

IPB Image New Gundam TV series confirmed: Mobile Suit Gundam 00

A very short promo appeared after today's episode of TBS/MBS' "Toward The Terra" announcing a new Gundam series. Mobile Suit Gundam 00 (Double Oh) is set to air at 6pm on Oct 2007. The official site is up providing a streaming promo.

Known details are:

Setting - 2307 AD ("seireki", Japanese for "anno domini")

Characters - 4 Gundam Meisters, who pilot the mobile weapons.

Factions - Solestal Beings (not real sure on the English name right now), a private militia group whose purpose is to eradicate wars.

Tagline at the end of the commercial - "Rebirth begins through destruction"

Rumors about the series have been going around Japanese message boards for some time, especially after Sunrise registered several Gundam00 domains. The proclamation that the setting would neither be in the Universal Century of the original nor the Cosmic Era of Gundam SEED, as stated by Sunrise's Yasuo Miyakawa, seems to have been followed through with. Staff members are yet to be confirmed although the most persistent rumor is that the series will be directed by Fullmetal Alchemist's Seiji Mizushima.

So we're talking 4 characters, each with a Gundam (kinda like Wing?), that are part of a police force to stop all conflicts (kinda like Full Metal Panic's Mithril?).

Call it what you want, I can't wait to see more info.

Edited by GRAND CANNON

totally not unicorn at all, from the look of it the yellow v rest is gone from the head and is part of the body? looks like it might be a blend seed and gundam wing.....

at least from the clip the gundams aren't that bad looking

Edited by sabretooth

Gundam 00 is a completely different series, as it's set in 2307 AD and Unicorn is UC 0096. There has been some talk from Unicorn's author about possibly animating Unicorn for Gundam's 30th anniversary in 2009, but that's all in the air. However, given the staff and promotion they're putting into Unicorn, I think that's a distinct possibility to follow 00 and the SEED movie next year.

That Gundam looks long the line of Turn-A......

Was thinking the same thing. The gundams here look Turn Aish. Which isn't a problem for me since Turn A Gundam is my #1 favorite Gundam series but as long as the show is nothing like Gundam SEED or SEED Destiny I hopefully will be fine with it. I enjoyed FMA so hopefully this will turn out well. Just hope it isn't a short mini-series but a full one. That purple haired character is female right?

Another nice thing is outside of the last kid the other two guys actually look like guys, ie men instead of that weird blend between man and woman that seems to be so popular in some series.

Good point lol male characters that look like males is a plus!

I'm gonna keep my fingers crossed on this and hope it turns out good since it's got NOTHING to do with seed in anyway ^_^

Also, was I just hearing things or did the narrator sound like the guy who did Amuro Rei?

I'm going to go out on a limb here...

...yes, they're different Gundam designs. Yes, they're probably going to cause similar comments/debate/furious uproar about the designs.

I don't think they're anything like the Turn-A designs. I'm prepared to eat my words, but I have a feeling the designs aren't going to be nearly as radical a break as the Turn-A ones were...

I would say it the RX-78-looking mech like a Turn A-ish Strike. Whatever the hell that means....

Looks like a beam saber attached at the back side of the shoulder armor.

Something new to waste money on. :)

I wish they would base gundam on a animal form like the gaia gundam in seed destiny for once.

It would be cool if the main character used a fourlegged gundam like those cat robots in zoids. The ancient dog robot would be discovered from an underground cave as if it were hidden and left there from an earlier civilisation. The ancients worshipped animals and nature so based weapons around them.

Maybe have it so the first mass produced mobile armor is a spider mech and then the four legged robots (which the bad guys base thier weapons on, hunting in teams like wolves to gang up) turn out to be faster and more powerful?

Then treaded mecha come out with humanoid upper bodies to test the idea of human mecha, (too expensive to make a full robot at this time as the earth doesn't want to fund such a stupid idea) and gradually we see fully humanoid robots for urban combat whose reaction speed is quicker than armors due to being based on human body or something. Of course four legged robots would be better at long range combat because they have more stability for being fourlegged and can bend knees but as the fight moves to space they become clumsy for fighting in close combat inside colonies. (two sizes of robot will be made, smaller scale ones for fighting inside cities like the labours in patlabor, and giant ones for space combat with heavier weapons)

Hopefully they will have a transforming valkyrie gundam like the one in seed destiny?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

"We begin the armed intervention to all warfare with Gundam"

Anyone wanna make a guess about this story? Probably only one MS in the whole world. Buncha kids get a hold on it and only they can pilot it for some reason. (Newtype powahzzz) They decide to stop worldwide conflict by sending Gundam in and destroy the enemies so that the war will stop. That is until another Gundam pilot appear and he's EVILLLLL.

Sounds very FMP-ish. Group of people going around the world to stop conflicts. Although I have nothing wrong with peace through superior fire power. :)

I will be saving all my money on macross tv series toys.

Sorry to go off topic but are there plans for more macross TV colorschemes in Yamato 1/48?

btw Sid Mead`s Turn A designs looked completely different to this new design.

I wouldn't know, but I was hoping they'd do something like the alaska base valk one day. We should just ask graham. With all the releases for macross 0 and plus (we think he has hinted and teased about the yf21 next) I would think most people are focusing on that. I still think vf-1 is the safest line from yamato to buy (no first release syndrome) but haven't considered buying any new vf-1 yet for a while as I want to get some zero valks.

When I said tv series I mean toys from the new macross series that will come out soon not SDF:macross. There has got to be a new mecha in that that is worth getting and blowing money on at some point. (like the vf-17 was for macross 7)

When I said tv series I mean toys from the new macross series that will come out soon not SDF:macross.

oh sorry!, yeah of course. I`ve been smoking too much crack again :wacko:

The chara designs remind me of the Getter Robo OVA, especially the guy with the scarf.

Not liking the mecha, but then again I like very few Gundam designs anyway.

I have to say the Unicorn mecha are far better looking than the 00 mecha IMO. I'd actually consider buying Unicorn toys based on the designs shown so far, but I wouldn't touch these 00 mecha with a 10 foot pole.

Graham

This is looking good so far, everyones saying that it sounds FMP ish but isn't that what ended up happening in both previous Seeds anyway?

Kira and co charged around in their own ship barging into fights and trying to put everyone down. As I recall a lot of peopel hated that idea.

Mecha look cool but I'm not as picky as some when it comes to giant robots.

Anyone else thinking that cone on the hero mecha back might be a new kinda core fighter?

I don't know how you can't think of anything but Gundam Wing all over again after seeing that.

I'm starting to think the Wing vibe might be on purpose. Sure it's pure speculation but perhaps that's what they are going of in hopes it really takes off big outside of Japan. Outside of Wing has any other Gundam sereis really blown up to be a huge success?

There was just something about Wing that caused it to be so popular and to still be popular. To be honest even after viewing a LOT of Gundam, Wing is still on of my favorites. In my top three to be honest with Turn A Gundam and Gundam Z(Zeta) taking number 1 and 2. They've already tried to recreate the UC with SEED and SEED Destiny and how well it faired is arguable but don't thik it really took off outside of Japan the way it did in Japan. Why not try to recreate Wing in hopes of getting a really huge cash cow.

I'm actually a little dissapointed they're abandoning C.E. Is the rumored SEED movie still in the works?

They're not abandoning Seed. The movie is in the works. Their looking at a 2008 release.

It's because wing ignored the baggage of existing gundam rules and broke from the "new type" formula.

Instead you have what appear to be some no names (possibly Genetically Modified humans) who are less like frontline soldiers, and more like spies (ie james bond with lots of sophisticated tech) fighting against the world. The idea is that they hold the keys to the future since they have the most high tech robots and skill to use them. (not due to some psychic ability or because they are related to some family with special dna linking them to highly evolved people looking down on others and who want to commit genecide :D Too much like star wars)

The vibe I get is that wing tried to make an action anime with emphasis on big explosions and which was fast paced while the other shows are more like a war story with frontline soldiers struggling to keep up in the arms race with the bad guys. (ie beam weapons being the saving grace of the good guy)

Amuro is hard working and trains like mad doing nothing but training. Whereas Hiro is just skilled and we just see him use them immediatly. One is a "realistic" person, the other seems more like an "action hero" and allows us to cut to the meat of the story instead of seeing some person train and get better over time. (very boring - eats up a lot of time. But the benefit is that it allows us to see "changes" in behaviour and anime drama, of how people cope when faced with the realisation of having to fight so young and stuff)

I think if macross 7 had taken a pace that was quick like gundam wing, it would have been more exciting. No filler episodes of talking heads, repetition, just cram as much as you can to get the story over with in one series to make its point, rather than stretching it over thinly. (animation in wing was just as bad as some of macross 7 fights with recycled frames and stuff)

Because it told its story in 1 series, kept itself close to the five characters, and made its point quickly, it appeals to the ADD crowd. Also none of the characters dies, so there is no need to mourn over deaths like they do in the UC where people just gotta die "because it's war" even though you had no chance to get to know who they are personally. They just kinda kill them for no reason which adds nothing to the story. Because wing doesn't do this, it just reaffirms that this is an action anime with a war theme, than a war story with people struggling. Because of that they can ignore lots of history, and ignore the traditional need to make things realistic and instead focus on the style of the show without taking itself too seriously. It has emphasis on important main characters not the faceless crew member who fixes the robots and mods a few bits and pieces to improve the robot's performance by .00001 percent. :D Just show us the machine fighting more efficiently than before to make the point in one scene rather than talking about it. Talking heads < robots blowing things up and fighting.

Although it might be necessary for things like the prequel trilogy star wars which sets everything up, (lots of politics in the first but improvements in the second and third) if any opportunity exists to have an interesting fight, you have to throw one in there to balance things, because that's why people watch robot shows. (unless you have something original to tell that seems completely new which is a good exception to slowing down the pace. I think an audience gets smarter the more exposed to repetition they are so you got to speed up the pace, instead of padding the series - one of the big problems with SDF:macross towards the last third of the series. It just slows right to a crawl putting me to sleep.)