The Xbox 360 Thread Elite Edition

Of course, Sony never REALLY lowered the price.

They discontinued the $500 model.

Then came back, lowered the $600 mdoel to 500, and introduced a new 600$ model.

Essentially, it's an upgrade to the line, not a real price cut.

But they still cut the price of the $600 model, I don't get it. :huh:

Yup, which is why its trailer is mentioned first. (Also, we know a lot more about ME than Lost Odyssey----KOTOR is one of my all-time fave games, and ME is the spiritual successor)

PS---D-pad mod wasn't enough. What REALLY fixed it was gluing small plastic shims under the directions that didn't respond well. Now it works PERFECTLY. I think the shims alone probably would have worked and is a lot easier/quicker than the "sanding the ring" everyone does.

PS--both the Ace Combat 6 and Blue Dragon demos are up at marketplace as of last night. Going to try downloading them today (marketplace has slowed to a crawl due to E3)

The Ace Combat 6 demo is only about 300 mb so it shouldn't take too long to download. I already played it. Great game with absolutely stunning graphics, especially from high alt. looking down. You forget all about the photorealisitic visuals once you're in the middle of a dogfight though. Very hectic.

But they still cut the price of the $600 model, I don't get it. :huh:

True. But the PS3 is still no cheaper than it was at launch. And that's part of the problem. It's just too expensive, especially when the competition's as strong as it is right now.

Anyways....

My 360 needs food. I haven't picked a new game up for it in a while.

The Ace Combat 6 demo is only about 300 mb so it shouldn't take too long to download. I already played it. Great game with absolutely stunning graphics, especially from high alt. looking down. You forget all about the photorealisitic visuals once you're in the middle of a dogfight though. Very hectic.

Which is probably the point, eh? B))

Ouch,

20 gb, probably not 65nm. MS is probably repainting excess stock 20 gb versions to move them out the door.

Heh, did you see the annoucement itself at the presser? Needless to say not many ppl. in the audience were thrilled at the annoucenment.

Hmm, speaking of which all the links to the video of the annoucement seem to have been taken down. Anyways upon annoucing the "new" console, there was virtual science in the audience save for people actually laughing whether or not this was at the console or something else is unknown, but still heh. It was a good 30 seconds in before any one even started clapping, let alone the fact that it was probably only a dozen ppl. Not a good way to launch a console, "special" edition or not.

I have been reading it is not photographing well the color is more along the lines of the Master cheirfs armor with the accents being the color of the visor on the armor also the case has been weather to look a little battle damaged

Aside fron the 20 gb HD it is more along the lines of the elite version with its HDMI Portit also comes with a play and charge kit but no copy of Halo 3

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360halo3console/

In anticipation of this year's largest blockbuster game launch, Microsoft will offer the Xbox 360™ Halo® 3 Special Edition Console in September 2007. The console features an exclusive "Spartan green and gold" finish and comes bundled with a matching Xbox 360 Wireless Controller, 20GB Hard Drive, Headset, Play & Charge Kit, and exclusive Halo 3 Gamer Pics and Theme (available via Xbox LIVE® download).

Look for this new console in September. This new Special Edition contains these components:

Halo 3 Special Edition Console

Halo 3 Special Edition Wireless Controller

Halo 3 Special Edition 20GB Hard Drive

Halo 3 Special Edition Wired Headset

Halo 3 Special Edition Gamer Pics and Theme (Exclusive download via Xbox LIVE)

Component HD AV Cable

Ethernet Cable

HDMI Port

Play & Charge Kit

Xbox LIVE Silver Membership

One-month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

Halo 3 game not included—sold separately

Ouch,

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/events...alo3console.htm

20 gb, probably not 65nm. MS is probably repainting excess stock 20 gb versions to move them out the door.

e3mongoosehero2jy2.jpg

Over at Bungie's site, they seem to be hinting that the Halo 3 edition 360 will have HDMI to it. So I wonder if this this is suppose to be an Elite, an Elite with just a 20GB hard drive or what. :huh:

As for the lack of excitement over this variation of the system, how often do extra color variations of a system get a big reaction at these shows anyway. They'll probably do a limited run and they should probably have no problems selling it out.

Looks like the guy above answered my question a minute ago!

Edited by Apollo Leader

I stumbled home last night and managed to hook up my 360 without destroying it (yay, beer) and promptly downloaded the new Halo 3 trailer. I wasn't too impressed and then proceeded to scream at friends online for an hour before passing out.

But! After rewatching it today, sober, I must say I'm way more impressed. It looks good, and it looks FUN. Big poo blowing up all over the place and general crazyness.

Went online with 360 for the first time, got some trailers and demos. I really hope AC6 has different screen options for the full version----the demo is clearly meant for 16:9 HDTV only. Can't see a thing on the HUD. But it is gorgeous, and there's SO many planes in the air simultaneously.

Anyways---encountered a problem online. I simply used "David" as my gamertag when I got my 360, and there were no problems since I never took it online. I did however snag my Xenogears gamertag at Xbox.com a little while ago in preparation for going online, as well as greatly simplifying the repair process (since they then already had my name/email/serial number all linked)

However----it won't merge/reconcile the accounts. Yes, I can access my Xenogears account, but it won't "accept" that "David's" accomplishments/preferences should go with it. Checking around, it seems that there is a solution:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemus...lineprofile.htm

But---that costs 10 bucks, just to change the name of the account temporarily, to then never use the account again. Which I really don't want to do. I've emailed MS to see if they can just delete the account outright, which should then open up the name for the "David" account to then snag. (Assuming no one else snags it)

If worse comes to worse, I'll just get a new gamertag all together, and delete my Xenogears one regardless.

I fall into the apparently rare category of making an account at Xbox.com with my desired gamertag prior to actually going online with the system.

Gah, MS permanently (and they mean permanently) link your Windows Live ID/Passport.net account to your gamertag, even if the Live account is cancelled. So I'm swapping around email addresses and working around that to get a new Live ID and setting it up so I can get my Xenogears gamertag on THAT one, yet still retain all my IM settings etc with people. Yeesh. They really need to make a warning saying "don't try to reserve a gamertag, you can't really---just wait until you are actually trying to go online"

That's not the point or focal point of the story (the part you're embelishing is the three year extended warranty announcement). The point was that one of Microsoft's officers quickly sold off millions of dollars of stocks ahead of the three year warranty announcement because he knew that it would be hurt by the announcement.

Shane Kim, vice president of Microsoft Game Studios, said in an interview that they are planning a price-cut for the 360.

It's not a 65nm announcement, but I'll take it!

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...&refer=home

I forgot where I saw it, but I think the talk ahead of the E3 was that the Core and Pro would drop $50 each and the Elite would be an $80 cut. Of course the Halo 3 360 with its 20GB hard drive and HDMI port is hard to say. With over 11 million+ systems produced, the 360 is in a much more comfortable spot for a cut then the PS3.

With most of the big announcements from E3 (presumably made) I have even less of a need for a PS3 or Wii than before. 95% of the PS3 games are coming to 360, and the Wii is still impossible to find, and there's only 1 exclusive I really want--Super Paper Mario. (Metroid Prime 3 is nice, but I'm not spending $250 to play it) I plan on buying the GC version of Zelda:Twilight soon.

Every game I really want for the rest of the year is either 360 exclusive, or PS3+360. Not buying another system (or two) this year might allow me to get an HDTV.

With most of the big announcements from E3 (presumably made) I have even less of a need for a PS3 or Wii than before. 95% of the PS3 games are coming to 360, and the Wii is still impossible to find, and there's only 1 exclusive I really want--Super Paper Mario. (Metroid Prime 3 is nice, but I'm not spending $250 to play it) I plan on buying the GC version of Zelda:Twilight soon.

Every game I really want for the rest of the year is either 360 exclusive, or PS3+360. Not buying another system (or two) this year might allow me to get an HDTV.

Well, Samsung has said that with their new factory on line, they expect 50 inch LCDs to drop down to a grand or less. Samsung LCD TVs are currently the best reviewed LCD TV on cnet. So, a year from now, they'll be no excuse not to be watching HDTV.. unless you're planning on holding out for the OLED TVs.

I want the new LED-backlit ones. That's what I'm waiting for. Whoever brings it out first in a size UNDER 37in gets my money. (My main movie/gaming TV sits about 4 feet from my eyes (I've measured), so most are WAY too big----but the smaller sizes always seem to be a year behind, tech-wise) I could move the TV back a foot or so to accomodate a bit bigger screen, but even 32in is pushing it---you run into "too wide for your field of view" issues, as well as "lighting evenness left-right". I'm BIG on "screen being evenly lit" from top to bottom and left to right---it's where a lot of even high-end LCD's fail miserably.

I actually like the look of plasma better, but there are absolutely none under 42in---what's the reason?

Panasonic makes a few smaller than 42" Though, it doesn't seem like they're producing 2007 models, from doing a quick search on CNET. It maybe that the smaller plasmas just aren't profitable anymore.

With E3 going on and lots of new downloads, I figure there's a lot more people on Live than normal. I used one of my "1 month of Gold free" cards and so can play online for little while. Anyone want to try to schedule a MW XBL meeting? DOA 4?

I actually like the look of plasma better, but there are absolutely none under 42in---what's the reason?

It's actually almost impossible to do a small plasma at a high resolution(And no one's gonna pay for a standard-def plasma panel). They've had a lot of trouble miniaturizing the gas cells further than they already are.

It's actually almost impossible to do a small plasma at a high resolution(And no one's gonna pay for a standard-def plasma panel). They've had a lot of trouble miniaturizing the gas cells further than they already are.

ah, so that's why I always see them at 720.

With E3 going on and lots of new downloads, I figure there's a lot more people on Live than normal. I used one of my "1 month of Gold free" cards and so can play online for little while. Anyone want to try to schedule a MW XBL meeting? DOA 4?

I haven't played that in ages!

But I have to ask, did you download the Ace Combat 6 demo? The one thing that really stood out for me about it compared to 5, 0, and X was the sheer number of of planes in the sky at one time.

AC6--of course, and one of the themes. :)

I'm going to be playing DOA 4 tonight online anyways, so if you see "Xenogears Id" (likely with a C6 Ayane) that's me. I always have everything muted (too many idiots out there) so don't expect to chat, sorry.

I'm going to be playing DOA 4 tonight online anyways, so if you see "Xenogears Id" (likely with a C6 Ayane) that's me. I always have everything muted (too many idiots out there) so don't expect to chat, sorry.

Sorry, I just completed the next-gen set with a PS3, so I'm kinda fiddling with that.

As for the AC6 themes, no F-22s. Much as I love the Ace Combat games, I went with the G1 Decepticon theme instead ;)

Bomberman Live is fun, but ridiculously buggy. The occasional lag doesn't help, but I saw a couple games with the revenge carts (whatever those things are called that go around the edge of the level after you die) flying through the level or just turning invisible.

Still fun stuff.

I just realized that I haven't updated our Xbox Live member list in a few months. Anybody else want to be added?

Looks like it's time for a new 360 thread! :p Downloaded Rush'n Attack last night. Nice to have the flame thrower that was absent in the NES version. :D

And as a few have suggested below, I am going to start a master list of everyone on macross World who is on Xbox Live. I'll update the list as more post to this thread. The name on the left will be Macross World ID's while names on the right will be their Live alias:

Apollo Leader - Apollo Leader

Chowser - Sarge051

Mechafan - TechGhostR6

BoBe-Patt - bobe patt

Sephiroth - Sephiroth017

MilkManX - MilkManX

Dante74 - Lorenzo74

David Hingtgen - Xenogears Id

I haven't fired up DOA4 since last September! :p I also realize it's been a year now since I briefly fired up Over G Fighters! Believe it or not, not including XBLA games, I have only played Gears of War and Guitar Hero II in the last 7 months or so! :o Last time I stuck my old 360 favorite COD2 in my system was late in December. COD3 I was initially playing like crazy online until I was bit by the GOW bug.

Boy do I need some variety. :p

Playing a few hours on DOA quickly made me realize that no amount of beating up on the CPU will prepare you for live opponents, so I took a week off to finish up Oblivion, then am going to work on my painfully-pointed-out weaknesses in DOA, then try DOA online again. :)

I figure October will be fun, as we'll all be playing AC6.