The MW Automotive Thread 3.0

Too old, what are you 80? Those Z's are beautiful cars, for the price and the feel though, the RX-8 was the only choice for me, I have never felt so connected to a car, after over a dozen other test drives, nothing felt as right.

I know the feeling wth regard to the kids, I can't pull up to a stoplight without having someone try to race with me. Oh well, that's the cost of having a stunning ride I guess :)

Hmm...I don't wanna' brag but no one ever messes with me in the T/A... B))

Edited by myk

• 2 weeks later...

Psh. The Charger kills 'em all as the only car that performs as well as it struts itself around...

Ah, the poor De Lorean. Looks so cool, but performance is sh*t. (Especially with all the cosmetic movie stuff on top) Quote from the article:

"Zero to 60 mph: 14.1 sec"

"Zero to 88 mph: not enough road"

As for the performance of the DeLorean?

"Yeah, it's a cool shot. I was in back most of the time so I was afraid I wouldn't be up front but the Back to the Future guy was scared to get too close to other cars because it took him two hours to stop with all the weight he had on his car. So they changed the positioning and got the shot."

I was going to pick up that issue of C&D, but changed my mind when I skimmed the article over. My impression of the guys at C&D? Bunch of douchebags. The article reads as if the writers think the cars' owners are a bunch of kooks or something. I have it on good authority that the C&D guys gave quite a different impression to the owners when they met them for the shoot. But what actually went to press for the article takes on a very different, much more "elitist" tone, as though the owners are a bunch of childish fanatics.

"They really didn't like the Torino and knocked the

Delorean pretty good too. My car and the General were

kind of neutral, and the Batmobile got the most

praise. It did have a lot of awesome details and

gadgets on it, I have to admit. Almost made me want

to add a rocket engine to the Interceptor, or at least

turn the zoomies into flame throwers.

Funny thing, the writers were guys in their forties.

Also, they were excited as hell to drive the cars so I

found it a bit surprising they had a tone of "look at

these nutcase's cars". Hell, we pulled into a 7-11

and a crowd instantly gathered and loved the cars and

they were amazed. Obviously, they didn't print that

part.

Still, it's fun to see the movie cars together.

Driving in formation was a ball. And I took the

Interceptor down the dragstrip a couple of times and

absolutely loved it. Can't wait to do it again

someday.

Paul"

To quote my cousin, a born-and-bred New Yorker: Meh, fu*k them they don't know what they're talkin' about... <_<

Paul's car is still pretty much in-progress, hence the low HP numbers compared to the others. I'd say the definitive BoB replica would still be Jim Martino's, for detail accuracy to the movie car, or maybe Mark Scarcelli's: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1489045673985799758. 600 driveshaft-twistin' HP, and a sticky-sweet, big-balls exhaust note that rivals the Ferrari V12 for absolute audio-orgasmic pleasure.

Edited by reddsun1

With the F460 arriving in a few years, Ferrari continues to improve the F430 breed. This version is lighter (2756 lbs. - at least 220 lbs. lighter than the stock model), more powerful (510 bhp - up from 490 bhp) and has a more advanced flappy paddle gearbox that reduces gear change times to 60 milliseconds. Yes, the rear end looks rather funky, but those stripes give a nice touch to the exterior design.

2008-Ferrari-430-Scuderia-Side-Angle-1024x768.jpg

2008 Ferrari F430 Scuderia

Damn, looks like my car is gonna stay white. It was an extra 1K to go a different route, and while I could afford it, I have student loans to pay back and couldn't justify it. Besides, I had already purchased the blue decals, and I'm not sure the blue would have gone well with the "pastel" grey I wanted. Now, if I had had foresight and gotten the white decals...maybe I would have splurged.

I know it'll look good in white, but I wanted to try something new. Oh well.

I was going to pick up that issue of C&D, but changed my mind when I skimmed the article over. My impression of the guys at C&D? Bunch of douchebags. The article reads as if the writers think the cars' owners are a bunch of kooks or something...

...To quote my cousin, a born-and-bred New Yorker: Meh, fu*k them they don't know what they're talkin' about... <_<

I completely agree; i had a C&D subscription a couple years ago, and the editors used to write very comprehensive articles, but since their senior editor left i think last year (i forget his name) that magazine has gone to crap. Probably the most notable C&D foul up i recall was when they named the Civic car of the year when everyone else was bashing it. I went to the C&D website only to find Sponsored by Honda plastered everywhere, bunch of sell outs. I've been into Automobile magazine lately, and every now and then R&T will have a fun shoot out worth a glance, but C&D is useless.

As for the performance of the DeLorean?

"Yeah, it's a cool shot. I was in back most of the time so I was afraid I wouldn't be up front but the Back to the Future guy was scared to get too close to other cars because it took him two hours to stop with all the weight he had on his car. So they changed the positioning and got the shot."

I was going to pick up that issue of C&D, but changed my mind when I skimmed the article over. My impression of the guys at C&D? Bunch of douchebags. The article reads as if the writers think the cars' owners are a bunch of kooks or something. I have it on good authority that the C&D guys gave quite a different impression to the owners when they met them for the shoot. But what actually went to press for the article takes on a very different, much more "elitist" tone, as though the owners are a bunch of childish fanatics.

"They really didn't like the Torino and knocked the

Delorean pretty good too. My car and the General were

kind of neutral, and the Batmobile got the most

praise. It did have a lot of awesome details and

gadgets on it, I have to admit. Almost made me want

to add a rocket engine to the Interceptor, or at least

turn the zoomies into flame throwers.

Funny thing, the writers were guys in their forties.

Also, they were excited as hell to drive the cars so I

found it a bit surprising they had a tone of "look at

these nutcase's cars". Hell, we pulled into a 7-11

and a crowd instantly gathered and loved the cars and

they were amazed. Obviously, they didn't print that

part.

Still, it's fun to see the movie cars together.

Driving in formation was a ball. And I took the

Interceptor down the dragstrip a couple of times and

absolutely loved it. Can't wait to do it again

someday.

Paul"

To quote my cousin, a born-and-bred New Yorker: Meh, fu*k them they don't know what they're talkin' about... <_<

Paul's car is still pretty much in-progress, hence the low HP numbers compared to the others. I'd say the definitive BoB replica would still be Jim Martino's, for detail accuracy to the movie car, or maybe Mark Scarcelli's: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1489045673985799758. 600 driveshaft-twistin' HP, and a sticky-sweet, big-balls exhaust note that rivals the Ferrari V12 for absolute audio-orgasmic pleasure.

haha, A good freind in highschool's dad had a delorian. we took turns riding in it cruising around the local beach. it grabbed a lot of attention excpecially when it overheated from trying to get it to do a brake torque (BTW never happened) It only had 500miles on it and the only way you could get it to squeel the tires was to floor it around a corner. I remember him having BAD electrical problems

You've read about it for months. Now, for the first time on YouTube, get to see Top Gear's biggest race ever. The trio attempt to race to the North Pole with Clarkson and May using a modified Toyota Hilux pickup, while Hammond (with the assistance of a professional sled racer) uses a sled pulled by a pack of Huskies. Who will win?

Top Gear - Race to the North Pole

I just love odd projects like these...

Take one part Honda Civic and mix with drivetrain from Corvette and you get the "Civette"

Civic/Corvette Hybrid Thread on LS1 Tech

civettefx0.jpg

And how about a Ferrari F355 engine shoved in the back end of a Nissan Pulsar?

Nissan With Ferrari Engine

nissanferraria2xr9.jpg

Just thinking about the work required on these projects makes me feel very guilty about both dreading and complaining about my own swap project. (An '04 Cobra Engine, Transmission, and IRS into my '97 Cobra.) These make that look as simple as changing a plug wire. Just unbelieveable...

And how about a Ferrari F355 engine shoved in the back end of a Nissan Pulsar?

Nissan With Ferrari Engine

Man that is awesome. Totally ridiculous and defying all logic... the best kind of car mods, IMHO.

Although really you've got to wonder about the guy who has the money to get a Ferrari motor, but doesn't have anything else to put it in except a Pulsar.

Literally stumbled upon the link for this one while surfing. For an independent film "Clutch." Appears to be pretty low-budget fare, but if it finally makes it to video, I might give it a shot. From the w'site: http://www.clutchthemovie.com/

"Inspired by classic car movies like the orignal GONE in 60 SECONDS, TWO LANE BLACKTOP, GRAND PRIX, BULLITT and LeMANS, actor/ racer turned independent filmmaker Jay Rowlands set out to bring gearheads more of what they really want to see in the movies- real cars, real drivers and real action."

Hmm, a racing movie, BY a car-guy, FOR car guys--not since the late, great McQueen himself have we seen such an attempt. From the little trailer on the site, it looks like this movie will at least have REAL race cars, not gussied-up turds with tacked-on accessories and shi**y paint jobs that are just meant to "look cool." <_< Surely it couldn't be much worse than what Hollywood stereotypes and spoon-feeds to the masses?

http://www.clutchthemovie.com/video/storyelements5meg.wmv

Okay. Actually it could be worse, potentially. But it may be worth the $9.99 to see real race cars thrashed properly on film...

Edited by reddsun1

What could conceivably be every car guy's ultimate fantasy? http://www.milesspeed.com/

She's apparently good enough to draw the attention of Hot Rod Magazine to do a feature article on her [12/06]:

*She loves hot rods

*She drag races AND road races her Camaro :rolleyes:

*She also works on her hot rods

*She can do body work and weld, too! :blink:

HRpage2.JPG

HRpage6.JPG

and.....her mom is RICH! :wub: *passes out, drooling*

Edited by reddsun1

• 2 weeks later...

Over two decades after the original company went bust and Back to the Future made it famous on the big screen, the DeLorean will return. DeLorean Motor Company (Texas), which is known for holding the largest inventory of DMC-12 parts in the world, has fully acquired all trademarks of the company and will be releasing brand new DeLoreans next year. However, they're asking for $57,500 per unit (Flux Capacitor not included).

• 2 weeks later...
Looks more like a Pontiac than a Lexus; The S-Type was the one Jaguar i actually liked and they completely ruined it, Jaguar needs to get their head out of their arse.
well, when thier designing cars around platforms like the tarus you cant expect much