John Rambo. Coming in 2008!

i actually think it looks good, it looks alot more bloody then i thought it would be.

chris

OK somebody in wikipedia must really hate niggers??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Rambo_%28film%29

Plot

Vietnam veteran John Rambo (Sylvester Stallone) hates niggers and has survived many harrowing ordeals in his lifetime and has since withdrawn into a simple and secluded existence in Bangkok, where he spends his time salvaging old PT boats and tanks for scrap metal. Even though he is looking to avoid trouble, trouble has a way of finding him. A group of Christian human rights missionaries, led by Michael Burnett and Sarah Miller, approach Rambo with the desire to rent his boat to travel up the river to Burma. For over fifty years, Burma has been like a war zone. The Karen people of the region, who consist of peasants and farmers, have endured brutally oppressive rule from the murderous Burmese military and have been struggling for survival every single day. This is the time when medical assistance and general support from the Christian missionaries is needed most. After some consideration, and due to insistence from his mentor, former military man Ed Baumgartner, Rambo accepts the offer and takes Michael, Sarah, and the rest of the missionaries up the river. When the missionaries finally arrive at the Karen village, they are ambushed by the sadistic Major Pa Tee Tint and a slew of Burmese army men. A portion of the villagers and missionaries are tortured and viciously murdered, while Tint and his men hold the remainder captive. News soon reaches the minister in charge of the mission and with the help of Ed Baumgartner he employs Rambo to lead a rescue effort. With five young and highly diverse mercenaries at his disposal, Rambo has to travel back up the river and liberate the survivors from the clutches of Major Tint in what may be one of his deadliest missions ever.

PIcture below:

post-2502-1179636073_thumb.jpg

Edited by grss1982

Just saw the Youtube video, and:

OUCH!!! The driver of the technical got it worse than the gunner.

.50 up close and personal. :lol:

Its a bit gritty and VERY bloody as hell.

I'm still gonna reserve judgment on it though. Might watch it if it comes out. :p

This trailer looks awesome. I was initially very skeptical about this, but think that trailer is damned awesome. Hopefully they avoid the silliness of Rambo 2 and 3 and stick closer to First Blood. The Rocky Balboa blu-ray is one of my favorites, but I actually do think I prefer Rocky V as an "ending" to the saga...

Hopefully Stallone will do another Cobra movie before Dredd, though. :D

Good Lord! Gratuitous just isn't the word for this. What's up with Sly's face though? Has he had plastic surgery or something?

Looks like Sly's not going shirtless in this one, which is a bit of a surprise. It would seem he's definitely trying to keep the muscles ripped--IIRC, he was just busted trying to get into Australia with "a muscle enhancing substance, and was fined $22,000."

Edited by reddsun1

dude, I didn't really pay attention but did he just use his bare hands to lop that guys head off or did he have something to help produce a tradendious amount of force? Or was that guy just made out of butter?

dude, I didn't really pay attention but did he just use his bare hands to lop that guys head off or did he have something to help produce a tradendious amount of force? Or was that guy just made out of butter?

He had something.

I might have to go see this one.... ^_^

If not for the gore, this looks like something that was "made for TV." I wonder how much HGH one has to take to get their head to blow up to that size. And, ya know, with a title like "John Rambo", I would have assumed it was a back to basics type story for the character... and instead of First Blood we get ultra violence. Color me disappointed.

I'll see this for the sheer novelty of seeing 1980's style balls-to-the-wall ultraviolence, on the screen in 2007. This won't be any pussy PG-13 bullshit. Thank god somebody remembers how to do a hardcore action movie*.

*especially since Die Hard 4, that other 1980's refugee, is apparently rated PG-13. They even cut out "Yippie Ki Yay...."

*especially since Die Hard 4, that other 1980's refugee, is apparently rated PG-13. They even cut out "Yippie Ki Yay...."

No? Seriously? Off-topic.

Die Hard ended with #3 for me. I can't even begin to imagine a movie that could top Die Hard with a Vengeance, esp. not the crap that's being released this summer.

If not for the gore, this looks like something that was "made for TV." I wonder how much HGH one has to take to get their head to blow up to that size. And, ya know, with a title like "John Rambo", I would have assumed it was a back to basics type story for the character... and instead of First Blood we get ultra violence. Color me disappointed.

Have you ever read the original novel? In the jail scene where Rambo escapes from the police, it graphically details how Rambo quickly slices the gut of one of the officers with a razor blade causing his intestines and stuff to spill out and then the poor schmuck tried to push hist guts back before he collapsed. I've only glanced at parts of the book, but First Blood in its original written form from what I could tell was even more violent then the movie adaption.

Just read read through: http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/05/19/joh...eature-trailer/

I liked this poster's comment a lot:

For all you Rambo fans, get yourselves in the mood and watch some Invasion USA. It's been too long since we had an action movie like this.

Chuck Norris doing a Stallone-like comeback? :p

Where the heck is Agent, I though he would be all over this thing or something?