The Dark Knight Thread

Superman was probably the first, and he's set the mold in many ways. I'd figure the bigger reason for the lack of detail was back then they really didn't want to spend that much time drawning Batman if they didn't have to. His costume should be rationally stealthy, meaning features should be hidden not embellished.

In the Dark Knight Returns, the reasoning for the yellow bat symbol on the chest was so that if anyone were to shoot at him, they'd aim and shoot there: the only place on the bat suit with bulletproofing. Or so I remember....

In the Dark Knight Returns, the reasoning for the yellow bat symbol on the chest was so that if anyone were to shoot at him, they'd aim and shoot there: the only place on the bat suit with bulletproofing. Or so I remember....

I was just saying Superman was probably the first with the chest symbol. But yeah other heros may have delevoped their own reasons to maintain the standard.

They're just stuntment, fellas.

Looks like they're all 'copy cat' batmans - i remember reading somewhere that its a ploy from the joker to bring batmans image down or something - so gotham starts to not like 'ol bats, or something along those lines.

Also, look at the pic... who is sitting second in, on the left.... looks like our old friend Mr.Scarecrow....

Cool!

Ha! I was thinking the same exact thing. Begins had the perfect tone to it. Now granted these shots may not have been finished yet but I always liked Bats in the darker areas instead of well lit places.

Chris

Is it just me or does everything in these pictures look way too bright?

These pics are most likely set photos of the day. Not actual film. Or they are film and not yet colour balanced. Take this photo for example; U can still see the safety rope on Mr.Batman.

i don't think batman would use a gun though. this pic makes me think they are henchmen. some of those pics have to be set pics. the batcave/headquarters looks way too bright.

post-2880-1188059797_thumb.jpg

the batcave/headquarters looks way too bright.

That's because it's the temporary "Batcave". From what I've heard, we will probably not see Wayne Manor in this movie, due to the fact that it burnt to the ground in the last movie. They are living in the penthouse this movie while the place is being rebuilt.

• 1 month later...

New tidbit from comingsoon.com;

Christopher Nolan and producer Charles Roven who reveal these minor spoilers:

- Batman will go to Hong Kong for some kind of "gangster hunting", but Roven doesn't say why Batman travels to Hong Kong.

- The IMAX preview with I Am Legend is the first five minutes of the film.

- "The whole thing is not 'Joker Begins', because we did not tell how the Joker became what he is," says Nolan. "During these five minutes it is shown how the the small crook becomes the most-dreaded gangster of the city - it is more like "The Rise of the Joker."

- Batman's new mask will have white lenses on the eyes when he turns on the Bat-sonar detection.

• 4 weeks later...
New tidbit from comingsoon.com;

Christopher Nolan and producer Charles Roven who reveal these minor spoilers:

- Batman will go to Hong Kong for some kind of "gangster hunting", but Roven doesn't say why Batman travels to Hong Kong.

They have been and gone to Hong Kong earlier this month. The film crew with Christopher Nolan and Morgan Freeman were in town for about 5 days and filmed around Central District. Filming also included a C-130 and some helicopters flying around Victoria Harbour.

Graham

• 2 weeks later...
One new vehicle that we know of ;) Anyone know if the first six minutes of the movie that was previewed last week make its way online yet? I can't find anything. Oh, and that new poster is kick-ass.

The trailer will be on I am Legend and he 6-minute prologue will be on the IMAX version of the movie. Both of which will be in theaters...tomorrow. Don't worry...it will be up soon enough.