Master Replicas not renewing Star Wars license

The story on Rebelscum

Well, thought that those of you who collect Star Wars prop replicas and the scaled line from Master Replicas might want to know about that. That LFL is already looking for new licensees is kind of like the axe falling towards the back of the neck, it's over. This sucks, because I was looking forward to their scaled helmets, in particular the clonetrooper helmet, and I don't know if it'll even come out now.

Did they ever get around to making a .45 Qui-Gon? I lost track after so many yes/no/maybe/exclusive/club rumors about it.

It also sucks as Qui-Gon's the only other Force FX I wanted...

They are just releasing it now as part of thier CS (Collector's Society) exclusive release. So it'll be out there but may be hard to find......

No Qui-gon or Obi-wan AOTC/TPM FX lightsabers. :(

No Obi-wan TPM mini lightsaber.

MR was trying to work out a way to make a Dooku FX lightsaber, supposedly, but we won't be seeing that now.

Lots of people are sad that there won't be a Commander Cody helmet now also.

No Qui-gon or Obi-wan AOTC/TPM FX lightsabers. :(

No Obi-wan TPM mini lightsaber.

MR was trying to work out a way to make a Dooku FX lightsaber, supposedly, but we won't be seeing that now.

Lots of people are sad that there won't be a Commander Cody helmet now also.

Well that bites. Dooku's saber is the only one I really wanted....

Well that bites. Dooku's saber is the only one I really wanted....

The crappy part about this is that whoever will be making replicas in place of MR will most likely rerelease everything that has been done till now. We may have years with nothing new actually being offered. I hope I'm wrong but this happens a lot.

That's what a lot of collectors are worried about Darthtodd. Whether it be re-hashes that "drop the value" of their MR prop replicas, or re-hashes replacing the newer things that were coming out (wookie bowcaster, scout trooper blaster, possibly council sabers- ki adi mundi in particular).

There's a lot of anger going around with people attempting to assign blame to have something to focus their anger on. It's not pretty. Especially since it's pre-order day for Commander Gree's helmet and the servers are all crashed.

Sad news for us collectors. I've seen a lot of uninformed fingerpointing on the net on the matter. Some point the blame at Corgi, who supposedly has a bad habit of acquiring companies like MR, then dumping their major (and expensive) licenses. Others want to blame LFL, saying that they're too pricey for companies to re-license. The truth is, us average joes will never know the real story. I hope that whoever picks up the torch can produce some replicas with the same standards of quality and research.

As to the so-called value of existing MR pieces, that is such a farce. These pieces are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. The value for post-83 SW merchandise could plummet in the next decade, for all we know. People who want to make an investment should play the stock market. Even more aggravating is the attitude of a select few who applaud the demise of the MR license, so that they can return to their cottage industry of replicas, replicas that only a select few will have the know-how to build.

Did they ever get around to making a .45 Qui-Gon? I lost track after so many yes/no/maybe/exclusive/club rumors about it.

It also sucks as Qui-Gon's the only other Force FX I wanted...

Great News! The product listed below has arrived at our distribution center here in the U.S. and is ready to start shipping.

Order number: 18xx

Item: 2007 Collectors Society Kit Qui Gon Jin Lightsaber Scaled Replica (SW-402)

Quantity: 1 units

Unit Price: $0.00

Shipping: $0.00

Tax: $0.00

Total: $0.00

Available to ship week of: immediately (please allow 48 hours to process)

---

it's coming. too bad MR will never get around to making a Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan TPM FX Sabers.

Guess I'm lucky no one bought my Larbel Obi-Wan Luxeon, now with Ultrasabers new soundboard, I might finally have sound in it.

There's a lot of anger going around with people attempting to assign blame to have something to focus their anger on. It's not pretty. Especially since it's pre-order day for Commander Gree's helmet and the servers are all crashed.

I saw a convention preview sample of the Commander Gree helmet and it looked really great. The weathering, scorches, and especially the reflective green lens made it really stand out from previous Clonetrooper helmets released by MR. I was going to order that and eventually one of the Stormtrooper versions. I was even hoping for an eventual release of a Scout Trooper helmet from RotJ. I was also hoping for a Commander Cody.

I've had a good number of MR products over the years.

FX Lightsabers

- Ep.IV Darth Vader

- Mace Windu

AT-AT (regular version without the snow & crashed Snowspeeder)

"Spec Ops Trooper" / 501st Legion Clonetrooper helmet (blue & white): And yes, it had the s/n plate and all since some didn't receive it on delivery.

Oh well. The ride was fun while it lasted. I guess it's time to see rehashed releases with whomever gets the license.

Edit to add: Here's a link with a convention preview of the MR Cmdr Gree. Look close to the bottom.

Edited by Warmaker

Well MR could try to pump out a Qui-gon and Obi-wan TPM FX lightsabers, but it's not very likely. They're trying to get out the Studio-Scale X-wing before their license is up. If you check Rebelscum they have a summary of what's definitely going to be made before 2008. There was a big Q&A on the MR forums, it's summarized on the Rebelscum front-page.