I got F3 today with a Target giftcard... lots of fun to play, amazing looking and feeling game... it's crashed after long periods of play, but it's a really long time, so I haven't noticed or been bothered by it much. I'm playing as a goody-goody my firs time thru, and it's alot of fun. The character creation process is really unique and inventive.

I still had some problems after disabling FFDshow audio stuff, but I added Fallout 3 to my firewall to allow it to do whatever, and I turned off my virus scanner while I play and I have no more problems.

I do get some graphics flicker because of the stupid sidebar, so i have to turn that off as well when I play.

I still had some problems after disabling FFDshow audio stuff, but I added Fallout 3 to my firewall to allow it to do whatever, and I turned off my virus scanner while I play and I have no more problems.

I do get some graphics flicker because of the stupid sidebar, so i have to turn that off as well when I play.

Hmm...is it because you activated MSN LIVE and its wanting to access LIVE or something? I didn't bother with that. For me I didn't get any crashes after disabling ffdshow....and thanks to that i'm losing sleep.

I finished

hooking the radar up on the Washington monument. The musuem of technology hints that it has an antiquated T-45 power armour somewhere in it but i searched for it all over the musuem and can't find it. Anyone knows where? I just finished rescuing Reily's Rangers.

I'm upset... I scavenged a suit of Power Armor from a fallen Outcast during a random encounter, but then I lost it when I had to quick-load further back than I realized, and since it was a chance event it was not repeatable... I couldn't wear it yet anyway, but it was totally sweet to already have.

Hmm...is it because you activated MSN LIVE and its wanting to access LIVE or something? I didn't bother with that. For me I didn't get any crashes after disabling ffdshow....and thanks to that i'm losing sleep.

I finished

hooking the radar up on the Washington monument. The musuem of technology hints that it has an antiquated T-45 power armour somewhere in it but i searched for it all over the musuem and can't find it. Anyone knows where? I just finished rescuing Reily's Rangers.

You don't find a T-45 anywhere in the game, but there is

a suit of T-51b armor. Go to the underworld, talk to Crowley, get the keys, but don't give them to him. Look around the northwest corner of the world for Fort Constantine, apparently it's in the bomb storage area. Pretty much the best armor in the game, apparently.

It's not truly a random encounter... just procedural stuff working on all cylinders. I was going to checkout an interesting area (one of the overpasses... I wanted to get a nice view of the scenery) and I passed by a pair of BOS outcasts with their Protectbot... as I was approaching the ramp of the overpass, I noticed a few red bars on my indicator... so I flanked around with my hunting rifle expecting to duke it out at range before closing to kick-ass with my laser pistol (which is totally ridiculously powerful against most enemies :D) As I was getting into position, the BOS guys were attacked by the raiders and fought back. One BOS guy cwent down, while I picked off guys the BOS trio softened up. It was pretty sweet, and I've seen similar events a few times where different procedural spawns engage each other, adding to the immersion.

I wouldn't be too concerned in finding power armour though. They're abundant around FO3, just that you can't wear them and they are worth scrap.

Anyway about Underworld:

I think i accidentally closed a quest choice with Dr. Barrows...in helping with his research for De-ghoulification. He was requesting human parts or something and I chose the negative response accidentally without much thought and now I don't get the choice to help him anymore without a save point.

:( Anyone passed that part and can tell me what its about?

My character in FO3. ;)

This is my Fallout 3 character.

Me and lesbian girlfriend

mini-ScreenShot1bmp.jpg

Naughty Nightwear

mini-ScreenShot6bmp.jpg

Sexy Nightwear

mini-ScreenShot5bmp.jpg

Some doctor's labcoat...forgot his name

mini-ScreenShot2bmp.jpg

Humans...i come in peace

mini-ScreenShot3bmp.jpg

My current armour, Ranger Combat Armour (Reminds me of Aliens Colonial Marines)

mini-ScreenShot4bmp.jpg

Checkout that ceiling light... :lol:

mini-ScreenShot0bmp.jpg

A word of warning to all you wary travellers, don't do the final main story mission

which is retaking project purity from the enclave

until you finish everything else because the game ends! Too bad it couldn't have been like oblivion but oh well. As for the armor

to me the power armor really hasnt been that useful, it weighs too much and doesnt offer enough protection for the trouble of lugging it around.

Fancy pictures wolfx.

My char is also using combat armor right now. I thought I was the only one thinking colonial marines!

For some reason I find my 10 Luck char has the damnest of luck. First time out of Megaton, and he gets jumped by a Yao-guai. I haven't run into Talon Company guys yet either, which is sort of disappointing. I was hoping to rely on their armor and weapons to keep my char armed.

how do u change camera angles?

For PC, hold down scroll (mouse button 3) and move.

For PS3 and Xbox i believe its the R3 (press down on analog).

Everyone post their characters too. ;)

So I've toyed with the old Fallout games before, but I am curious about this one. Has Bathesda made it so you can basically go out and do w/e you'd like like you could in Oblivion? Or is the story substantially more in your face? How is the character creation vs Oblivion? Better, worse, the same?

So I've toyed with the old Fallout games before, but I am curious about this one. Has Bathesda made it so you can basically go out and do w/e you'd like like you could in Oblivion? Or is the story substantially more in your face? How is the character creation vs Oblivion? Better, worse, the same?

Yes, from the moment you leave the vault, you can go an do whatever you please. To heck with your lost Dad!

But there is one limitation. You can't kill kids...

Unless it's Megaton, then you indirectly kill the kids

Yes, from the moment you leave the vault, you can go an do whatever you please. To heck with your lost Dad!

But there is one limitation. You can't kill kids...

Unless it's Megaton, then you indirectly kill the kids

And it's a good thing. Killing kids is a sin against humanity.

Watch that freak if you want to know why ... : Dear Todd Howard RE: Fallout 3 and kids

Edited by Macross007

And it's a good thing. Killing kids is a sin against humanity.

Watch that freak if you want to know why ... : Dear Todd Howard RE: Fallout 3 and kids

That guy takes his acting lessons from Shatner.

And while I think that it's a good thing that you can't kill kids, it's a bit silly when one winds up next to an exploding car and comes out without a scratch. Besides, the first two allowed you to kill kids, and punished you harshly for it (EVERYBODY was your enemy now).

Urgh....i don't know where to get

1.) Leaf Blower

2.) Motorcycle Handbrake

to build my Rock-It Launcher and Shish-Kebab respectively. :(

Pay a visit to Minefield. Moira, the northern speaking eccentric inventor and proprietor of Craterside Supply in Megaton, will give you a quest to go there and step on landmines if you need to know where it is. Lots of garden implements lying around to build stuff out of up there.

I found out that eventually, Moira did sell a leafblower. <_<

Completed my Rock-it Launcher. :D Its fun to use! Now to get a motorcycle handbrake. I crossed a few motorcycle wrecks but no handbrakes for me to salvage. Boo. :(

Just completed the

vampire

quest. It was kinda spooky at 1st but turned out to be nothing...as usual in all Fallout games.

I don't think I've ever found a motorcycle handbreak in a container. I only found 2, and both were just lying on the ground near some motorcycle gas tanks.

Found one in MineField. :lol: Shish Kebab is fun.

I just finished the Big Town quest. Can we get the Little Lamp location later on?

Well if your looking for an open ended rpg then this is the right game for you... There are some things I don't agree with however... First off the max level cap is at lvl 20, But there are waay more quests, items and experience to go around so you might be able to do 12-15 side quests at most before you max out your character... After lvl 20 you can't add ne more points to your stats.

You could still do the other side quests but the only thing that'l change is your characters karma rating depending on what you do... nothing else. After lvl 20 all thats left is the main quest which is pretty short and linear. The good news is you can keep replaying the game another three or four times as there is multiple endings depending on what you do in the game. Its still loads of fun and the world is so vast and expansive.

I haven't beaten the game yet but I didn't spend that many hours on the main quest and im already over halfway done. If you really want the full experience this game has to offer I recommend doing lots of side quests before you embark on the main quest because once you beat the main quest its literally game over... The game does end and after you beat it you cant go back to do other quests.

The game does have 200 hours of playtime total if you were to explore every nook and cranny the game has to offer but most ppl will probably play the game over twice at most... It'd take forever to see everything this game has to offer.

I'm level 7 and super mutants die easily to my chinese assault rifle. I'm sure there are some crazy enemies like Death Claws or something. That Yau Guai or whatever is really annoying. They sneak behind you and attack and they pack quite a punch too.