Kaiyodo Revoltech VF-1J

UN Spacy

I totally agree.

I really want the VF-1D.

I do not have one in any form in any mode and I have been wanting one for ages.

The toynami one did not look so great to me although I have not seen it in person.

The arii one was not detailed enough.

I do like the yamato 1/60 a bit but I want it in Battroid mode and the 1/60s in batt mode are not my favorite (though if I can justify the funds I may get one at some point).

What I really wanted was a VF-1D 1/48 but Yamato is not going to make the VF-1D in 1/48 (says Graham with certainty - over and over again).

And since the small but beautiful Revoltech figures are nice and detailed and go into any pose really well, then hopefully this will be the vf-1d that will make me happy!

SO MAKE IT PLEASE KAIYODO!!!!

Thank you!

I agree, the GBP version would probably have armor attached and not removable. It would be very cool and I would guess that they will do such a release if the first ones are successful enough.

Edited by miriya

Some of the later Valkyries would look simply amazing as Kaiyodo figures. Looking at many of the other franchise lines they've featured as Revoltech figures, the YF-19 and YF-21 would look so amazing in some of the poses possible. With all those angles and sharp edges it would look so dramatic and dynamic on display. Even some of the mecha designs that aren't as good structurally can be articulated into some amazing visual displays, like the Patlabor Griffon for example:

Dramatic pose!

I'd love to pose a YF-19 Revoltech into some of the shots from Macross Plus, like the movie sequences where the battroid is diving towards New Edwards Center or the infamous flying kick! :)

Some of the later Valkyries would look simply amazing as Kaiyodo figures. Looking at many of the other franchise lines they've featured as Revoltech figures, the YF-19 and YF-21 would look so amazing in some of the poses possible. With all those angles and sharp edges it would look so dramatic and dynamic on display. Even some of the mecha designs that aren't as good structurally can be articulated into some amazing visual displays, like the Patlabor Griffon for example:

Dramatic pose!

I'd love to pose a YF-19 Revoltech into some of the shots from Macross Plus, like the movie sequences where the battroid is diving towards New Edwards Center or the infamous flying kick! :)

OOh thief!! You stole that image from HLJ!!! :rolleyes::lol:

Thanks.

post-3608-1188628554.gif

The Yamato stand actually does not allow Battroid display but if you just let the bottom edge of the back pack simply sits on to the top connector, the VF-1S will just balance it self. See pic here.

post-3608-1188628459_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

I was worry about that too, but it seems to be OK, nothing is bending. You can use your finger to try it first (let the valk sit on your figer tip), you will see what I mean.

Also, you can rest the long foot on the floor to reduce pressure.

Is all of the weight on the backpack?

Seems dangerous. Nice pics btw.

Edited by Mowe

The Yamato stand actually does not allow Battroid display but if you just let the bottom edge of the back pack simply sits on to the top connector, the VF-1S will just balance it self.

Oh, I think the part BP8 will need some Preparation H. :lol:

Edited by Wicked Ace

Brilliant pose Mowe!!! That's something i haven't thought of. :p

Of course, that pose was really Hik's patened pose just before he goes off to assasinate boldozabighead.

I shall be trying that with my 1/48 tonight!!!! Cheers for the inspiration. :D

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

All the other Revoltech figures, from Transformers, to Evangelions, to Patlabors are listed as 19.0-19.2 cm in height. There's no reason to assume the VF-1J and VF-1S Valkyries wouldn't be the same scale. At that size, they'd be about as big as a tall glass or roughly from the top of your index finger to just below your wrist. A little over half as tall as the VF-1 1/48 scale from Yamato.

So any news on if they will plan for more Revoltechs beyond the Vf-1 which is a transformable mecha that gets deformed as a result of being a figure-only?

One of the reasons I enter this thread isn't necessarily to check for more pics of VF-1 but in the hope that there is some news on non-transforming mechas like the destroids and zentradi power armor getting done up as revoltechs (hopefully not too much deformity in the sculpt)

One thing about these figures is they can bring out the toughness of the mecha more than a transforming one can. So big hands are allowed, shortened nose cones make sense, and all kinds of humanoid flowing motions can be achieved that you always see in anime but know wouldn't be realistic. (something that cg anime has problems with since the models are stuck to their strict shapes: no oversized ham fist or short nose cone when in robot mode for example)

Transforming toys with accurate sculpt that look good in all modes still have to sacrifice something (hands looking too delicate for example) which may affect the look of it in a different mode to try to be realistic. (no space in the sleeve to store a giant hand when the thing has to transform)

For me non-transforming znetradi mecha is where I'm interested in more than the vf-1 since these don't need to make as much sacrifice. Take the Qrau for eg: The claws, the bulbous body, and the limbs can still be the same basic shape and size relative to everything else without people saying "it isn't taking on a realistic shape." They should have started with destroids and powered armor first imo.

I got them from Eternal D and here is his original thread but not sure if he is in production mode. Sent him a PM or leave a post on the thread if you are interested in. I need two more sets myself. if he has enough interest, he might start production again.

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...mp;#entry513436

Where would one aquire these so called Eternal D hands for display puposes? :p