Kaiyodo Revoltech VF-1J

UN Spacy

overall, my revy 1j is in pretty good shape. so far, the only real flaw is the hole on the back of the nosecone for the display peg to fit into is rather small, and the peg does not stay in at all.

the vf-1s is fine though...not a problem at all.

I’m happy with my VF-1S and VF-1J. I only opened one of each even though I got multiples. Strangely enough I like the J better than the S. For some reason the head sculpt looks better to me. And the S’s head can’t be positioned to look any higher than straight forward which limits the poses you can do and still be able to look down the barrel of the gun.

Over all very cool though. For $20 they are an absolute steal. All of my Revvies are on shelves in my office except the Valks which are right next to my monitor so I can pose them a few times a day.

Great stuff sqidd. You'll have to give us the straight dope on the Griffon once you've had a chance to look it over. I really hope you like Patlabor Movie 1.

The Griffon is awesome! By far it is the most Revvie for the dollar. It’s huge! Between the body and the wigs it takes up almost twice the space of a normal Revvie. The gloss black looks amazing, the hand sculpt is nothing short of sinister and the head is just plain scary. The only downside is that it doesn’t come with any accessories like a lot of the others do but that is quickly forgotten as soon as you start posing it.

Just got my VF-1S. Awesome little Revoltech full of extras.

The thinness of the valk design makes him look smaller than my Megatron and Mazinkaiser Revoltechs (a plus in my book).

It's now my favourite Revoltech (I might resell Mazinkaiser... quite plain compared to Megatron and the valk).

I'll definitely get more Macross designs if they do any. Hell, I might even pick up a VF-1J ^_^ .

Got mine today! (only a small order, the 1S Revy and Majin Buu H/Action with my bro's Gundam 08th stuff)

Love it! Great sculpt of the head, and the way the Strike cannon can be rotated is an EXCELLENT touch. :D

Guess what??? My Strike Focker has a typo! lol *gasp!*

It's only on the right Leg FP, the UN SPACY print is upside down. :lol:

Slackers!

Can we send a thankyou card to the Revy China workers for their expertise in the Printing of the Strike 1S? :p

It's like they went on holiday and came back stoned...

I think i'll mod this one, but we'll see, if they bring out the 1D i'll keep it a Roy. :-)

Might do up a Kakizaki 1S!

Can't wait to get my hands on the Hikky 1S! And after or before they do him (CF), i also want the 1D, VT, and VE

to follow.. (don't really care bout the VE but would be cool) Then bring on the Plus material!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

After fidgeting with my 1J a whole lot and then going back to playing with my Alphonse, I have decided that the neck on the Revoltech VF-1 just doesn't work for me... the angles is all wrong for some reason and it doesn't provide any good way to just turn the head straight to the side, or at a more natural angle up and down...

You've got to work with the joints to get a pose and not fight with them. The VF-1J head joint can actually achieve some really good poses, but you've got to get familiar with how the angles work. The head joint can be rotated left-to-right in addition to the up-and-down articulation. Remember that the socket in the VF-1J head is at an angle, not in a straight vertical position. So when you turn the head, it won't be level unless you rotate the joint left-to-right as well. You can also raise or lower the head by pulling it off the joint itself just a little. This can help you acheive perfect head turns left and right while remaining level.

Take a look at the picture in an earlier post on page 26 of this topic. It shows the VF-1J head turned to the right, but it's perfectly level. Here's a link:

VF-1J head turned right while remaining level

I'll help you. I'll post some more detailed pictures.

These pictures show the left-right articulation of the neck joint:

revy-neck-1.jpg

revy-neck-2.jpg

For me, the best way to get to know the Revoltech has been to experiment. Just do a lot of crazy stuff, even if it doesn't look all that great. Experimenting tells me know what the figure can or can't do, but it also gives me ideas that perhaps lead to something better.

Here's a few pictures that show the head in different uses:

revy-experiment-1.jpg

revy-experiment-2.jpg

revy-experiment-3.jpg

Thanks Guys! Thats my first custom. I didn't expect it to turn out so well. The Revvies are great for it though. You don't need to take a big $$$ risk to try an idea out. I think I am going to do a Milia next.

I do like the Hikaru "Strike Diablo" a lot though. I think I need to get a 48 and kit it out with dual strike canons and two gun pods. :)

Sooooooo......I was going to take and download quite a few pics this evening since the wife is away too school. And, get this, she takes the camera :( . I swear......everytime I plan too enjoy my night with my toys....LOL Another time perhaps.

:ph34r:

just got the 1j, and it rocks. putting them next to my gundams, the valks are very close to 1/100 scale. can't wait till the brocken and helldiver are released... finally some representation for patlabor universe other then the pats and gryphon. keeping my fingers crossed for some bubblegum crisis revoltechs :D

post-6136-1194398170_thumb.jpg

Valkyrie Height: 8.7 meters Gundam Height: 18 meters

post-6136-1194398179_thumb.jpg

almost ground perspective

Compared to the Banprestos and such , I think the Revys are a bit small for 1/100... altho it's not off by that much. Looks good either way.

I just got done panel lining my Revy Hiky since I am VERY bored cause the camera is gone tonight. I just picked up 3 Toynami 1/100's a few nights ago. And I must say that the Revy's are very close in size. I've decided I am going to keep the 1/100 VF-1J M&M's, but I am not sure about keeping the 1/100 VF-1A Max.

Edited by misterryno

I've got a MG Gundam Alex and did the comparison too. The VF-1 is close for that scale, but just a bit too small. The top of the VF-1 head should almost reach the waist. I made up a quick little size chart which is fairly accurate if you can excuse the skewed perspectives:

sizecomparison-triple.gif

woops, looked at the wrong line, valkyrie in battroid mode is 12.68 meters. yeah, a little smaller than 1/100. though looking through the pics posted, if they did make a regult, it looks like it would be a little taller than the evas. perhaps a reason why the valks are smaller than the other revoltechs?