Kaiyodo Revoltech VF-1J

UN Spacy

I dislike Evangelion as well, but I purchased the Evangelion Unit 00 (Blue variant) and I have to say it's fantastic. I'd recommend it for any non-fan like myself.

I got the Unit 00 (yellow variant) and he rocks. He's hangin' out right now sighting in something across my office with his "I don't know what but it's big" caliber sniper rifle.

I also got the 04 Unit (silver) and he is creepy cool. I have him armed with his MP5 right now and he's lookin for trouble!

Fun toys.

Rei & Asuka on the works.....

a5_2.jpg

http://www.kaiyodo.co.jp/revoltech/next.html

this two Gals looks CooL.....

Where'd you grab that pic of Asuka and Rei in the back ground, any more ('ve seen the Asuka sculpt b4)? Look at the new Rei sculpt with shite/pink highlighted shirt and shorts! nice! You know what this means, casual Rei an Asuka Revoltech line!

It still bothers me that those frauleine figures can't hold their arms straight out from their body, side-ways. They look fantastic, but that lack of poseability in the shoulders just kills it for me.

i think if revoltech were to come out with all our macross characters, everyone here in MWF would surely grab some. would any of you grab a Minmay if it's out? :p MINMAY...

Edited by ikhii

I am pretty sure the Rei in the background has a body swap with Yotusba Revoltech. Auska looks great, by the way. I hope these revoltech girls are the bigger size version.

Where'd you grab that pic of Asuka and Rei in the back ground, any more ('ve seen the Asuka sculpt b4)? Look at the new Rei sculpt with shite/pink highlighted shirt and shorts! nice! You know what this means, casual Rei an Asuka Revoltech line!

i had the kaiyodo eva figs a while back and the SOC ones but i sold them. im just not a big fan of the EVA mechs. I really like the human aspect of the EVA series though.

Ah I see. I really appreciate the mecha design of Evangelion actually. It's very imaginative and stylish, it's probably some of the best giant robot design in anime since Macross and Gundam, IMO. But too each his own.

I got the Unit 00 (yellow variant) and he rocks. He's hangin' out right now sighting in something across my office with his "I don't know what but it's big" caliber sniper rifle.

I also got the 04 Unit (silver) and he is creepy cool. I have him armed with his MP5 right now and he's lookin for trouble!

Fun toys.

This is the first Evangelion toy I've ever owned, so I had to decide which unit to purchase very carefully. They all look very cool and I like the original yellow colors of Unit 00 too. But in deciding which one to purchase, I had to weigh in on features. I really like the arm "wings" on the Evangelions, so I decided against the original yellow variant because of that. To decide between the rest, I went with the head unit I liked the most (Unit 00) and my favorite color (Blue) helped seal the deal. The M82-style sniper rifle sweetened the deal as well.

Currently, I have Unit 00 in a kneeling position holding the smaller rifle in both hands with his head lined up behind the rifle sight, carefully taking aim. It's my favorite pose I've done yet :)

Anyone still think the head cannon on the VF-1A Revy can't swivel back? 30/70 chance i reckon.

Hope so. : /

I find it really odd that Kaiyodo would build VF-1J and VF-1S figures with rotating cannons, but not the VF-1A. I think it would be ridiculous for them to abandon this feature. I think odds are good that the VF-1A head unit cannon will feature some kind of rotating mount. It just wouldn't make sense otherwise.

i think if revoltech were to come out with all our macross characters, everyone here in MWF would surely grab some. would any of you grab a Minmay if it's out? :p MINMAY...

Yes to that. I definitely think that Revoltech should come out with ALL of the Macross characters in the Fauline series. Misa, Milia, Claudia, Bridge Bunnies, Lapamiz, Minmei, Sara Nome, Mao Nome, Nora of course, Komila, all of them. I would so totally buy them all.

Been charged by HLJ for the 1S and lashed out and bought some gundams as well from the HCM pro line and that awesome RX-78GP03 stamen with that huge weapons system from the fix range. Hope they are as good as they look as these are my first gundams. The eva revoltech looks good havent seen the show but I was looking at the rebuild 00 and thought about getting it with the weapons pack with that huge shield, that looks cool, but I

m still deciding as there is so many nice gundams to get. It's just too hard to decide. :)

I am pretty sure the Rei in the background has a body swap with Yotusba Revoltech. Auska looks great, by the way. I hope these revoltech girls are the bigger size version.

Ahh man your totally right! Dammit i didn't pick that one up. :p I guess it'd be stupid they already got a 2nd Rei figure and Asuka STILL isn't painted hahahhaa.

Looking good Cancer107.

Agree Mr March, even though i will probably buy one anyways (only a CF), a lack of 1A head cannon swivel action seriously would suck.

I'd go far as permanently place the canon fully back just coz i have all my 1A stuff that way.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I like Max Factory, Megahouse, Solid Theater (at least their Jingai Makyo figure), and Good Smile Company. I'm not a big fan of Alter or Atelier-Sai. Yamato hasn't made a lot of figures I'm interested in. A nicely sized, well sculpted and well painted Miria figure would be awesome.

A DYRL Miria Q-rau revoltech would be so awesome. It lends itself to that joint system pretty well, I think.

I would be surprised if they keep them in scale ruskivfaussie because it seems that most of the revoltechs are the same hight. Is that right? I am not sure. If they are all the same hight then it would follow that whatever other mech they make will not be in the same scale such as the Rau or the yfs or the sv.

I would be surprised if they keep them in scale ruskivfaussie because it seems that most of the revoltechs are the same hight. Is that right? I am not sure. If they are all the same hight then it would follow that whatever other mech they make will not be in the same scale such as the Rau or the yfs or the sv.

That’s probably a safe bet. I have a pile of Revvies here and they are all the same size. It's kinda cool. It's like they exists in the "Galaxy Of Equality"

Repainting my first Revoltech, VF-1S to Apollo Squadron CAG. Personal color stripes may look blue like Max in the pictures but it is actually just purple.

post-4051-1192628707_thumb.jpgpost-4051-1192628686_thumb.jpg

I want Miria with knife, too. I think my next Revy will be Ayanami.

That's cool man. These beg to be painted. I ordered 6 VF-1S's and a few more J's yesterday. I think I will need to bust out the paint and get workin' here soon

Agree Mr March, even though i will probably buy one anyways (only a CF), a lack of 1A head cannon swivel action seriously would suck.

I'd go far as permanently place the canon fully back just coz i have all my 1A stuff that way.

They have to. It's imperative. Imperative, I say! :):lol:

I wouldn't count on scale either, but just so you know, not all Revoltechs are "exactly" the same size. They do sit at roughly 4-5 inches give or take, but some are definitely taller than others. I have a VF-1J Valkyrie, Patlabor Unit 2 and Evangelion Unit 00. The Eva stands a good head and shoulders above the Patlabor and the VF-1J is the runt of the litter, standing one head shorter than the labor.

Edited by Mr March

That's cool man. These beg to be painted. I ordered 6 VF-1S's and a few more J's yesterday. I think I will need to bust out the paint and get workin' here soon

Just got the idea to repaint Hikaru 1A to Max 1A, so that I can have Hikaru, Roy and Max together.

If that goes well, maybe Hayao too.

Gah! you my friend, are going to run out of space real fast!

I put more shelves yesterday :p

But I had to move all of my trophies and plaques from roadracing to the spare room. I don't think they are happy. One of my endurance trophies got into a little tussle with a couple Fokers last night......the trophie lost :o:D

What i meant is that comparing the new "movie" line of Eva figures there is "room" to move to keep stuff in scale.

So it'd be nice if they made the effort.

They have to. It's imperative. Imperative, I say! :):lol:

I wouldn't count on scale either, but just so you know, not all Revoltechs are "exactly" the same size. They do sit at roughly 4-5 inches give or take, but some are definitely taller than others. I have a VF-1J Valkyrie, Patlabor Unit 2 and Evangelion Unit 00. The Eva stands a good head and shoulders above the Patlabor and the VF-1J is the runt of the litter, standing one head shorter than the labor.

Yup. Thanks for the back up. :p Agree, Imperative! :lol: