Kaiyodo Revoltech VF-1J

UN Spacy

Here is a fun one.

My VF-1S arrived and the Skull on the Heat Shield is way off center and a bit crooked.

Brings back fond memories of the Yamatos but at a lower price.

Sorry, here is a really bad picture.

Umm, i am pretty sure that is no flaw, it's able to turn like that for posing. (goes and checks my 1J)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Not upset but worth a warning to the general population. You can play with the waist and chest joint to minimize the error.

A slight twist and it is minimal. Just hope that mine is as you say a mass production error.

Yet in the end, I just folded the chest forward.

When taking it apart I did discover that the feet joints are the dark gray color that were shown on the shoulders of the proto-type. You would end up with white ball joints on the feet but then you get your dark shoulders.

Also on the revoltech website, they have Revoltech pliers??? so I guess you can buy new joints and swap them out.

On the fast packs the super cannon can be removed but the "normal" front is not included.... can always take one from the VF-1J.

Since your patlabor is minus weapons have you considered having it torn apart by the zero patlabor like at the end of the movie.

Hehehe, good size comparison :)

I did the ankle/shoulder joint swap as well Fly4victory. I'm still at a loss to understand the attraction. With the exception of appearing under specialized studio lighting (like the advert pictures), dark shoulder joints still seem far more jarring and noticeable than white joints when on display in my room. Especially the way the dark shoulder joints create a color void gap between the torso and the arm, drawing attention to the gap itself.

But at least now no one can complain anymore since both options are available to any owner :)

I bought one of these last week. Even though I like the quality and the old skool lineart look, I'll prolly jut stick to one... I can't imagine having an army of these. Collecting each 1/48s and bigger 1/60s is hard enough. maybe if they were $5 each.

Nice poses, display, and collection Sqidd!

I only have the Eva-04, and have it set up firing the mp5 from around the side of the riot shield. Man, I would not want to be in front of your Eva-02, that's an awesome pose. :)

Very nice display. The Type Zero Patlabor and those Evangelions sure look purty. You did a really nice job with most of the poses, but I don't like the stances you've used for your two Ingrams. They look so blase compared to all the other wild and crazy mecha :)

The VF-1J Hikaru I ordered from Valkyrie-Exchange (Kevin) arrived at my post office today, according to the tracking info; however, the mail carrier failed to deliver it. :angry: I'll need to play with the -1J before I order a -1S. If I do decide to get the -1S, I better not get the crooked skull, or I'll throw it as hard as I can against the wall. Have I ever mentioned that crooked skull markings are a pet peeve of mine? ;)

but I don't like the stances you've used for your two Ingrams. They look so blase compared to all the other wild and crazy mecha :)

I have no idea what the "models" are based on, but they seem like some sort of Police force type thing. That would mean lots of training, and therefore rigid and boring, LOL. Maybe I didn't go crazy with their poses because they just look so damn cool! I love those guys!

Maybe I will spend some time getting them dialed in a little more this weekend. I do have some Yamato stuff to unpack though. That will suck up a few hours.......oh darn :)

I have no idea what the "models" are based on, but they seem like some sort of Police force type thing. That would mean lots of training, and therefore rigid and boring, LOL. Maybe I didn't go crazy with their poses because they just look so damn cool! I love those guys!

Ah, I see what you mean. The good thing about Revoltech figures is they are great to put into more reserved postures as well as wild action poses. I've got my VF-1J in a beauty portrait style pose right now that looks really sexy :)

revoltech-vf-1j.jpg

But rest assured the Patlabors do some really wild and crazy stuff even in the more reserved Patlabor films. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I think the Patlabor Revoltech is designed for dramatic leg poses even more so than my VF-1J or Eva Unit 00. Maybe it's just the mecha design itself, but the Ingram AV-98 looks really good with the legs in an action pose, moreso than the other two, IMO.

Maybe I will spend some time getting them dialed in a little more this weekend. I do have some Yamato stuff to unpack though. That will suck up a few hours.......oh darn :)

DUDE! you havent watched Patlabor!??! check it out after you're done with macross... its really good. Just stay away from the 3rd movie as its totally off on a tangent and sux. movies 1&2 rock, the TV show is also really good.

I know Patlabor mostly from the movies, and one volume of the OVA I have on VHS. I never got around to getting the rest of the series, but I loved the seriousness of the movies. I second vermillion01, the 3rd movie wasn't really a Patlabor movie, it was a detective movie set in the Patlabor universe.

DUDE! you havent watched Patlabor!??! check it out after you're done with macross... its really good. Just stay away from the 3rd movie as its totally off on a tangent and sux. movies 1&2 rock, the TV show is also really good.

Click, click, click. Ordered em' all (except 3) B))

thanks

Click, click, click. Ordered em' all (except 3) B))

thanks

You wont regret it... they are serious mech crime/thriller movies. P2 has some startling similarities to the movie "the seige" starring Denzel Washiington, Bruce Willis and Annette Benning (but P2 came first and is much, much better - i was fortunate enough to be at the world premier too!!!!).

Edited by vermillion01

Thank you guys for your kind comments to my previous post.

I will make another post if I did other customize.

physioguy's repaint is really nice, It must be a hard work to do that.

>Sqidd

Your collection is really great! I wish I had such a nice shelves...

post-4051-1192980216_thumb.jpg

The Patlabor movies are definitely serious dramatic films and not typical action mecha movies. It's sci-fi for adults, no doubt. I adore Patlabor Movie 1 and Patlabor Movie 2. Mamoru Oshii's work is incredible in both films.

Patlabor is some of THE BEST anime of all time. I hold it up there with Akira and Macross (SDF and DYRL) The Patlabor series, except 3 is a masterpiece. Beautiful animation, great mech designs, suspense, murder, crime, drama...wonderful stuff.

My 1S turned up today, no missing hands or missprinted skull but it is missing the vertical part of the stand and came with a part that well I don't know what it's for. Now waiting for next month for the 1A.

A small disk with a peg through the center and one peg along the outer edge? That's for the gun pod. The gun pod disassembles and can be fitted with that part to make it appear collapsed. The peg along the outer edge of the disk can then be plugged into either the holes inside the lower arm FAST Packs or into the underside of the lower arm itself. This simulates the gun pod being carried :)

My 1S turned up today, no missing hands or missprinted skull but it is missing the vertical part of the stand and came with a part that well I don't know what it's for. Now waiting for next month for the 1A.

that sucks. one of the best things about the macross revoltechs is being able to display them on the stand.

Good thing I ordered these from Big Bad Toy Store since Joel is pretty accomodating when you have a problem.

Hey Sqidd, I noticed you have your Revoltech 021 GR-2 holding the optional booster it came with in its hand. You do know that's an optional piece for the Revoltech 018 Giant Robo figure, right? You can replace the right booster with the optional one with the cannon it comes with and there's a piece that goes on Giant Robo's chest to provide support for the cannon.

post-683-1193089830_thumb.jpg

Edited by sidearmsalpha

A small disk with a peg through the center and one peg along the outer edge? That's for the gun pod. The gun pod disassembles and can be fitted with that part to make it appear collapsed. The peg along the outer edge of the disk can then be plugged into either the holes inside the lower arm FAST Packs or into the underside of the lower arm itself. This simulates the gun pod being carried :)

Thanks Mr March but the piece that I didn't know what it is came with the stand and looks like part of a stand just not for the VF's, thanks though for the gunpod info as that part had me a little confused at first. I got the base part of the stand just not the back vertical part that the valk mounts to so I gave my 1J a standing pose and gave the 1S a full stand. I'll post a pick of the part later today as someone must know what it belongs to.

Thanks Mr March but the piece that I didn't know what it is came with the stand and looks like part of a stand just not for the VF's, thanks though for the gunpod info as that part had me a little confused at first. I got the base part of the stand just not the back vertical part that the valk mounts to so I gave my 1J a standing pose and gave the 1S a full stand. I'll post a pick of the part later today as someone must know what it belongs to.

Are you sure? The little L shaped ball jointed part with two pegs, one goes into the small hole on the underside of the nosecone and the the other side into the black tall piece and that one goes into the V stand. I am including an old shot here. It is not the best shot to describe it but perhaps it will help.

post-4840-1193092075_thumb.jpg

I know what part that is as well: the foot stand and my VF-1J came with it as well. HLJ has a picture of a Patlabor Revoltech figure that I can borrow to illustrate the use of the foot stand:

griffon-withfootstand.jpg

Plug it into the horizontal stand and then plug the VF-1J foot into the vertical block. Instant action pose :)