Kaiyodo Revoltech VF-1J

UN Spacy

I Mean, why the hell are people skimping on 20-dollar figs and then buying like 1 of every 100-200 dollar valks ;p

I think because many people, myself included, are not too keen on non-transforming toys of transforming mecha, no matter how nicely articulated or how cheap they might be.

Plus, I have no interested in putting my Valks into funky break-dancing poses.

Many of us are also burnt out on VF-1 toys, due to the market being flooded by many different versions from Yamato, Bandai, Banpresto, Toynami and others over the past few years.

Despite all the above sentiments, I'd probably pick up a Revoltech YF-19 or YF-21 if they were not too overly stylised.

Graham

I think because many people, myself included, are not too keen on non-transforming toys of transforming mecha, no matter how nicely articulated or how cheap they might be.

Graham

For the most part, I have to agree with this one point of Graham's post. The vast majority of the time, if I want a Valkyrie I want it to transform. It's one of the reasons why I've never purchased a Macross model. It's also why the big Yammies were such a dream. The 1/48 VF-1 has such great articulation and is fully transformable; why settle for anything less?

However, I do like small, highly articulated figures as well. And since I already own two Yammies, there's no harm in getting myself a Revoltech of my favorite VF-1 variant :)

I personally liked it due to the package and entire outlook / poses that brings me back to the movies and series. I love it when a cartoon characters comes to live and you can pose them in anyway you wish to. Rebuild a fight scene or just a stand alone hero on my desk. I do really wish that they will come out lots of Qrau though so that we can make all battle scene come true. Also, maybe an armor suite? :p:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I might go a bit overboard there... but wouldn't it be cool?

Edited by ikhii

As cool as the 1/48's are, you still can't get them to pull off that nostalgic pose above. I love transforming toys, but I can't resist a figure with very nice articulation such as these. I'm just hoping that Kaiyodo has other VF's (and enemy mecha) planned besides the VF-1. Does anyone frequent any toy forums from Japanese sites where there might be info from someone in the know or even from a Kaiyodo rep as to where they are going with this line? I'm sure Japanese collectors would have asked the Kaiyodo reps at the shows.

I'm pretty impressed with the support that Macross is still getting from toy companies considering that it's not as popular as Gundam. I wonder if interest is building up in Japan or these companies are just willing to take a chance and put out stuff that will appeal to the established fanbase?

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting any macross revoltech they put out. While I will admit that transforming mecha is much more fun than the non transforming type and that there is a certain joy in transforming the them especially the 1/48's, there are some limitations still as to the poses they can do given that they still must be able to transform into their valk and gerwalk modes. Plus, I'm pretty much a sucker and am likely to get any macross toy they put out. :)

I hope they make macross character action figures.

That would be so sweet. They could make a killing off of us! I would get Hikaru, Roy, Claudia, Milia, Max, Zentraedi Warrior, Isamu, Shin, Mao, Sara, Ishtar, etc.

My top 3 choices would be Milia, Zentraedi Warrior, and Hikaru.

Macross character figures would be too boring for Revoltech. They're not dynamic enough.

Who'd wanna bend Minmay or Misa in all kinds of wierd, suggestive poses? :ph34r: ... :blink: oh nevermind

Yeah, I didn't believe that for a second, not with that sexah avatar you've got :)

Macross character figures would be too boring for Revoltech. They're not dynamic enough.

Who'd wanna bend Minmay or Misa in all kinds of wierd, suggestive poses? :ph34r: ... :blink: oh nevermind

What did you say <_< ... :lol: it would be cool like the scenes from the episode - First Contact, anyway I already have a plan when I have my revo-valks ;)

That would be so sweet. They could make a killing off of us! I would get Hikaru, Roy, Claudia, Milia, Max, Zentraedi Warrior, Isamu, Shin, Mao, Sara, Ishtar, etc.

My top 3 choices would be Milia, Zentraedi Warrior, and Hikaru.

Zentran Warrior with interchangable helmet (i guess head and head with helmet) is a MUST!

You have all seen my Revy posed with the 1/60 Q/Rau. Perfect 1/60 scale. *_*

A standard meltran warrior/pilot would be nice too.

Imagine those two having it out bare knuckle style. Oi and remove the Zentran head and pie it under the foot of a Q-Rau.

hahaha

Ishtar i'd buy easy as. She'd have some nice curves.

I WANT Guld Revoltech!!!!!!

Ohh man big bucks for Revoltech here....

oi what about a cool as Global?????? With pipe! :p uhh Gloval. I hate RT for that.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

How amusing that I JUST got into the revoltech line ... and now they bring out Revoltech Macross :)

Just got my Revy Revoltech figure; now have Revy, Toro, Dix Neuf and Saber Alter. All of them are coooooool :-)

Was never into action figures largely because there wasn't ever much "action" in them and I prefered transforming toys because at least you got a lot of movement for your money.

Revoltech have finally made real ACTION figures :) Good stuff.

VFTF1

I've decided that i want a 1S Max. How cool would that be to see Max Revy and Q-Rau (Millia) Revoltechs going off?

I'm not going to get 1S Roy.

1. Hik 1J

2. Hik 1S

3. CF 1A (maybe 2)

4. Max 1S.

And that will do for the Revy VF-1 Line. Give us other Macross Revy Mecha.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Amazing.

I tend to stand in a different viewpoint from Graham, although I usually avoid such things, I appreciate fine little figures such as this. I only need one of each or at most 2, and due to the cheapness I will get them all.

I have a feeling that all of them will contain accessories such as FAST Packs, otherwise it will make for a really boring toy despite it's posability.