MacrossWorld Con 2007 Event Sign Up Thread!!!

For all MacrossWorld Con 2007 attendees, sign up for events and contests in this thread!!!

Here is the layout of the Con as well as the Schedule of events:

IPB Image

I will post the rules and format of each contest in seperate posts and update them with new information and post who has signed up for what event.

Hurry up and register and sign up for events so you can save your spot! For information about Registering for the con, check out this thread: Official MWCon 2007 Info Thread

Post here if you have any questions or comments about the events!

Edited by kiririth

Macross World 2nd Annual Poker Tournament

This is a No-Limit Texas Holdem turbo poker tournament and prizes will be given out to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner.

Maximum Players: 18 (3 tables of 6 players each)

Buy-in Amount: $20 + $5 to the LBARC (total $25) No Rebuys

Prizes: To be determined but will have a prize value of approximately $200 for 1st place, $100 for 2nd place, and $60 for 3rd place.

Players will get $800 in chips to start with and will follow the following blind structure:

10 minute blinds

-1st hour-

10-20

20-40

30-60

40-80

50-100

60-120

-5 Minute Break-

-2nd hour-

75-150

100-200

150-300

200-400

300-600

400-800

Blinds will continue to raise by 100 every 10 minutes after the 2nd hour is up until 1 player is declared the winner. When tables are uneven, we will move players from the table with the most players to table with the least. We will move the person that was in the same position relative to the Dealer Button as the player that was just eliminated.

General Rules

-No rabbit chasing

-No discussing hands if it's in the same deal, even if you already folded.

-A player can't hint or discuss possibilities of their folded hands.

-The next dealer shuffles their own cards.

-If the big blind is taken out during a hand, there will be no small blind for the next deal.

-We'll seat people randomly.

-If there's a push and there's an odd chip left, then the kicker decides who gets it. If the kicker is the same then the odd chip goes into the next pot.

-English only on the table.

-No cell phones while seated on the table.

-No eating on the tables.

-No pouring drinks on the tables.

-No spilling on the tables.

-Players must show all their highest denomination chips at all times.

-Verbal declarations are binding.

-No string betting.

-No actions out of turn. They may be binding.

-You can only call "time" on a long decision if you're still in the hand. Players that have folded cannot call "time". A person has 30 seconds to decide. 20 seconds will be silent and then there's a 10 second verbal countdown. The player will forfeit the hand if they fail to decide.

-No coaching other players.

Reserving a Seat

In order to reserve a seat, please PM me or email MWCon2007@gmail.com telling me that you would like to reserve a seat in the Poker Tournament. Buy-ins MUST be paid before the con and after you have sent payment, I will post your name here confirming your poker tourney registration. If you want to pay for the tournament via Paypal, send $25 to MWcon2007@gmail.com and select "service" under category of purchase and write a note saying "Poker tourney registration" If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post here in the thread!

Registered Players

1. Kiririth

2. junebug2010

3. EternalD

4. EXO

5. BigKid

6. JasonC - still need payment

7. Bobe Pat - still need payment

8. Spyderzx23 - still need payment

9. Solsclud - still need payment

10. Hirohawa - still need payment

11. McHenry - still need payment

Edited by kiririth

Macross World Customs Contest

This is MacrossWorld Con's oldest and most famous contest! Here we get to see really great customs that people have been working on all year and show it off in one place. We are hoping for a lot of participation this year and we will be rewarding the best of the best in different categories.

Here are the different categories you can enter:

Best Completed Macross Model Kit

Best VF-1 Toy Custom 1/60, 1/55, or 1/48 scale

Best VF-1 Toy Custom 1/72, 1/100 scale or Joke Machines

Best Transforming Macross Toy Custom other than VF-1 in any scale (VF-0, YF-19, Monster, etc.)

Best Non Transforming Macross Custom (Figures, sculptures, busts, plush, dioramas etc)

Each entry will be judged individually and the Best Custom in each category will win a prize. There will also be a Best of Show award and prize given to the best overall custom entered into the contest.

Entering the Contest

In order to submit an entry to the customs contest, PM me or Email MWcon2007@gmail.com and state which category you would like to enter. You do not need to specify exactly what your entry is, only the category you want to enter. I won't post the names of people entering each category, but i will be keeping track in case we need to merge categories if we do not get enough customs.

Only new customs may be entered into the contest. No previous entries from past cons are allowed as >EXO< will be one of the judges and he's judged every Custom Contest and will know. Commisioned customs may be entered, but if there is more than 1 commisioned custom, we will create another category for it. Also, commissioned pieces will not be eligible for "Best of Show" prize but can win individual categories.

For any MacrossWorld Member who CANNOT attend this year's MWcon but would still like to enter their custom, they may do so by mailing their custom in time for the con and we will display it for you. Please PM me or >EXO< for instructions on mailing your custom to enter the contest.

If you have any questions regarding the rules, please post them here. Hope a lot of people are working on their customs!!! Can't wait to see them all at the con! Good luck everyone!

Edited by kiririth

Macross Karaoke Contest

Contestants will sing your favorite Macross tunes and will be judged possibly by Mari Iijima and other select judges.

Contestants will be judged on entertainment value and entertainment value. Have fun! Be energetic! Ham it up!

1st place winner will recieve a spectacular collectible prize!

Entering the Contest

Post here or PM me if you're interested in the Macross Karaoke Contest. I will be posting a list of available Macross songs as well as attaching the lyrics so you can practice!

Registered Contestants!

1. Eternal D

Edited by kiririth

Video Game Tournaments

Please post which games you would like to have tournaments in. I have not decided which games we will be playing so we're stilll taking suggestions.

Edited by kiririth

Macross Toy Transforming Contest

Here's a fun new contest that we'll be having at this year's con! This is a transforming contest to test the most skilled collectors to see how fast and accurate they can transform their Macross toys.

There will be 2 competitions for people to enter:

-Yamato 1/48 VF-1 Transforming Contest

-Takatoku/Bandai 1/55 VF-1 Transforming Contest

Competition Format

Contestants will compete against each other to transform their valkyrie as fast as they can from Fighter mode to Battroid mode to GERWALK mode and finally back to Fighter mode. After each complete transformation, a judge will briefly check the accuracy of the transformation and give you permission to move onto the next transformation. A final judgement of the last transformation will be checked and the fastest contestant will be declared the winner.

The 1st place winner in both categories will recieve a prize!

Entering the Contest

In order to enter either of the Transforming contests, contestants MUST bring their own Valkyrie to compete with. Contestants can bring any variation of the VF-1 but all toys that are entered will be checked prior to the competition to make sure it is standard.

Post here or PM me and state which contest you would like to enter. You may enter both competitions if you like. MW Con is not responsible for any accidents that may occur as a result of the contest. Enter at your own risk!!!

Registered Contestants!

Yamato 1/48 VF-1 Transforming Contest

Takatoku/Bandai 1/55 VF-1 Transforming Contest

Edited by kiririth

Put me down for poker of course! I'm all in son!

Gotta pay 1st before you get on the list!!! haha.... not accepting payments at the Con.... PRE-PAY ONLY for the poker tourney. We need the money 1st so we can get the prizes.... sucka!!! :D

Video Game Tournaments

Please post which games you would like to have tournaments in. I have not decided which games we will be playing so we're stilll taking suggestions.

Robotech Battlecry?

I know its not Macross but its the closest thing to actually having something with reasonable multiplayer with VFs.

Robotech Battlecry?

I know its not Macross but its the closest thing to actually having something with reasonable multiplayer with VFs.

That sounds like a good idea! We'll definitely make Battlecry one of the Video Games to Tourney...

i was also thinking of fighting games for video game tourneys too...

Possible games:

Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Street Fighter Alpha 3

Capcom vs. SNK 2

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

I'm thinking of just doing Street Fighter 2 Turbo since it's a standard game that's been around FOREVER and everyone should know how to play and have a decent chance in competing in a tourney...

Also thinking of having a Wii Sports tournament... Tennis probably will be the most fun as we can have people enter in pairs or singles... or maybe a boxing tournament... haha....

Maybe Smash Bros Brawl will be out by July and we can tourney that... otherwise we can do Smash Bros Melee tournament....

games can be played all day long for entertainment... maybe we can have a Guitar Hero 2 competition too!!! or Karaoke Revolution!!! however... input is definitely required to make a final decision on which games will be played.... or maybe we can just have sign ups at the Con right before the tourney starts so more people will sign up..... either way.... this will be lots of fun!!!

Oh... and BobePat would like everyone with a Nintendo DS to bring theirs so we can have an 8 way race in MarioKart DS... haha....

I need to pay you for the poker tourney, but for the custom contest, do we need to sign up or just bring the customs? I think I'll have one or two to bring that are new.

for the game contest, I think the only game that would be fitting this con is Battlecry. If so, I'll be up for that competition. :D

I need to pay you for the poker tourney, but for the custom contest, do we need to sign up or just bring the customs? I think I'll have one or two to bring that are new.

for the game contest, I think the only game that would be fitting this con is Battlecry. If so, I'll be up for that competition. :D

For the customs contest, just PM me which category you're going to enter.... if we don't get enough customs per category, we will merge the categories to have more entries competing against each other...

If you want to pay for the tournament via Paypal, send $25 to MWcon2007@gmail.com and select "service" under category of purchase and write a note saying "Poker tourney registration"

can't wait to see your customs!!! :D and good luck in the poker tourney!

for the game contest, I think the only game that would be fitting this con is Battlecry.

I'm not saying that it would 'replace' Battlecry's sheer transforming-mecha value in any way, but I would like to nominate competitive Ace Combat 5 for the list of games.

One other thing:

12:00 Lunch Served

1:00 Mari Ijima Performance

Uh...would it be a good idea to get a whole bunch of guys jumpin', hootin', and hollerin' right after they ate? :o I, for one, would appreciate more of a chance to digest my lunch (that way, I could scream harder).

I'm not saying that it would 'replace' Battlecry's sheer transforming-mecha value in any way, but I would like to nominate competitive Ace Combat 5 for the list of games.

One other thing:

Uh...would it be a good idea to get a whole bunch of guys jumpin', hootin', and hollerin' right after they ate? :o I, for one, would appreciate more of a chance to digest my lunch (that way, I could scream harder).

What platform is Ace Combat 5 for??? another criteria for tournament games would have to be accessability and the number of players that are familiar with the game... Battlecry would probably be a more standard game for the members of this forum than Ace Combat 5... .but if we get any more people interested in that game, we could try it....

and for lunch... we'll most likely be getting Pizza with some sides and it will all come around Noon maybe a bit before... Mari's performance time will stay at 1pm since that's when the most people will be there....

Plus i didn't really imagine this as much of a hootin', and holleing' performance... haha.... it's a pretty small venue...

What platform is Ace Combat 5 for??? another criteria for tournament games would have to be accessability and the number of players that are familiar with the game...

Ace Combat 5 is for PS2, so it shouldn't be that hard to get ahold-of. Even if nobody owns it (unlikely), the game was re-released as a "Greatest Hits" PS2 game, meaning it'll cost $20 or less at any store that carries it. :D But as for player familiarity: I can't imagine that anyone here wouldn't have played at least one of the Ace Combat games, especially given that there's a giant thread for Ace Combat 6's pending release on these forums. :o

Battlecry would probably be a more standard game for the members of this forum than Ace Combat 5... .but if we get any more people interested in that game, we could try it....

I agree, of course. It's just that Battlecry's in-game physics get old after a while. (Shoot, transform, fire missiles, fly in circles to dodge, repeat.)

Plus i didn't really imagine this as much of a hootin', and holleing' performance... haha.... it's a pretty small venue...

What can I say?--I sing along to my Macross Song Collection CD in the car. :unsure:

「冷ãŸã„ã‚ãªãŸã€ã¯ï¼³ï¼¨ï¼¡ï¼®ï¼§ï¼¨ï¼¡ï¼©ï¼¤ï¼¡ï¼®ï¼¤ï¼¹ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ã€ *cough* Excuse me...

• 3 weeks later...

Ace Combat 5 is for PS2, so it shouldn't be that hard to get ahold-of. Even if nobody owns it (unlikely), the game was re-released as a "Greatest Hits" PS2 game, meaning it'll cost $20 or less at any store that carries it. :D But as for player familiarity: I can't imagine that anyone here wouldn't have played at least one of the Ace Combat games, especially given that there's a giant thread for Ace Combat 6's pending release on these forums. :o

I agree, of course. It's just that Battlecry's in-game physics get old after a while. (Shoot, transform, fire missiles, fly in circles to dodge, repeat.)

What can I say?--I sing along to my Macross Song Collection CD in the car. :unsure:

「冷ãŸã„ã‚ãªãŸã€ã¯ï¼³ï¼¨ï¼¡ï¼®ï¼§ï¼¨ï¼¡ï¼©ï¼¤ï¼¡ï¼®ï¼¤ï¼¹ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ã€ *cough* Excuse me...

Considering that Battlecry is available on all three systems seems to give it a better favor not everyone here played Ace Combat, and besides its a Macross Con, we need to be as close as possible to adapting everything to it.

And how come no AMV contest? :(

• 1 month later...

We still doing a contest for that?

I'm more then willing to work on one.

I'm not sure. That's a kiririth question. I'm sure it is still on.

We still doing a contest for that?

I'm more then willing to work on one.

I think we can enter your AMV into the "other" category with:

Best Non Transforming Macross Custom (Figures, sculptures, busts, plush, dioramas etc)

=]

We'll be happy to show if off on our projector screen in the Video Room

Video Game Tournaments

We should have a Street Fighter Tournament, any edition

We should have a Street Fighter Tournament, any edition

oh.. we'll have an SF tournament for sure... haha.. but which one??? i'm thinking an old school Street Fighter 2 turbo edition will be good to level the playing field....

and then maybe Street Figther Alpha 3......

anyone a Smash Bros Melee fan for Gamecube???

i'm thinking for the VG tourneys:

Robotech: Battlecry

Street Fighter 2 Turbo

Smash Bros Melee

and then we can play any other games for fun....

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to get in on the karaoke contest. Karaoke ga daisuki :)

hehe... it may just be showdown between you and Eternal D....

We may just have that as a fun event for people to show off and not make it an actual contest. I did ask Mari if she'd be interested in judging, but she never got back to me. haha....

What are you going to have for the video game tourney?

Battlecry?

Battlecry will be one of the tournament games as well as Street Fighter II Turbo.

Maybe a Smash Bros Melee tournament if enough people are interested. But we will probably have sign ups the day of the con.

I want some Ace Combat action..i ' have a few in that collectoin ill check what i have and post. i also have a few other flight shooters. Ill check it out..but I am def down for a dogfight..

I want some Ace Combat action..i ' have a few in that collectoin ill check what i have and post. i also have a few other flight shooters. Ill check it out..but I am def down for a dogfight..

But the amount of people that are going to know and know how to play the game is low.

We need something mainstream that everyone knows about and doesn't take forever to play through...-_-

there's just 7 spots left open in the poker tournament!!! sign up now!!

1st place prize:

VF-0A Shin with Ghost Pack combo

2nd place prize:

1/48 Urban Camo GBP

3rd place Prize: (if 15 or more players)

haven't been decided yet....

if we don't get 15 or more players, then we're just going to have 1st and 2nd place prizes. sign up now!