The Gurren Lagann Thread.

You should all go back and re-watch the 1st few minutes of episode #1 as it starts off pretty far in the future and then time skips back to the past where the story starts out.

We know. =.=

I'm just wondering if Simon's "2nd in command" is that forehead guy. (Can't remember his name)

I think most of us are sticking with the Nyoro~n Subbed mkv files for now.

Their subs suck. Its almost painful to read this stuff, its like some degenerate 13 year old is doing the work.

What'd everyone think of the latest episode?

New additions to the crew. Simon trying to live up the Kamina is still up in the air.

I'm starting to wonder how long this arc will take if we're gonna see an adult Simon near the end.

LOL!

It was clear from the OP in the first few seconds of the First Episode that Kamina wasn't going to stay with the cast. Hell when they got to fighting the creature in the first episode you could tell that Simon had more GAR then 10 Kamina's put together.

This series is just a getter robo & marvel comics copycat with the story of Gunbuster/DieBuster plugged in and only slightly changed. Turn off your brain Gainax anime at their best!

Well now with Kamina gone, and Nia joining the crew, it just means its starting to get more epic in scale. Simon will rally the whole earth under his Dai Gurren Dan's banner, humans and beastmen alike and stand up against the incoming alien fleet.

Well now with Kamina gone, and Nia joining the crew, it just means its starting to get more epic in scale. Simon will rally the whole earth under his Dai Gurren Dan's banner, humans and beastmen alike and stand up against the incoming alien fleet.

I keep forgeting about the epic space battle in the first episode. I can't wait to see how he gets to his all high and might GARness.

Audio is once again sub-par, but the subs are getting better. They sure do like dropping the f-bomb every chance they get.

I'm waiting to see what the pay off is going to be with what they are setting up here. I personally find the series alot less interesting without Kamina, and I am waiting for Simon to step into that role as you see him at the very beginning of episode 1.

Just finished 10, and started downloading 11. I've watched the entire series so far in two sittings, and the only reason it took two sittings is because I'd only downloaded 3 episodes to see if the show was any good.

Gotta say I'm with the others, Kamina needed to die. Kamina was already awesome, he knew who he was and what he wanted. The story is about Simon, that's where the character development needs to take place. Been quite a ride so far, I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Is it just me, or did Simon's voice change during the end fight sequence?

Definitely more Kamina-ish.

Sounded like the tone used in the first episode intro.