The Gurren Lagann Thread.

ADV goin down the path of Geneon USA?

From what I read on 4Chan, yeah i know, that it was just some conflicting interests between investors. And that one of the investors held the title licenses to the ones that were pulled from the site.

Take that rumor with a large pinch of salt though since it was from 4Chan..... <_<

From what I read on 4Chan, yeah i know, that it was just some conflicting interests between investors. And that one of the investors held the title licenses to the ones that were pulled from the site.

Take that rumor with a large pinch of salt though since it was from 4Chan..... <_<

Wait, there are things to read on 4chan??? ;)

ADV's press statement seems pretty optimistic regardless of the current outlook, so I've no choice but to believe in them now, and hope Gurren Lagann does surface this year. Plus I want the last freakin' volume of AMG 2.

ADV has never been my favorite of the companies, and they've pissed me off quite a few times in general, but they've been the most reliable with ecchi-ish releases, and I still wouldn't want them to go under.

Wait, there are things to read on 4chan??? ;)

On occasion /a/ has something non pedo. ^_^

But I just hope they straighten things out and release the waves they've caused just with this little action! It really shows you how little it takes to make the "news" in the anime group!!

PIGS. HAVE. FLOWN.

Gurren...Loggin? As in Kenny Loggins? SERIOUSLY?

I know I shouldn't expect much from the crew that brought us "Muh-cross," but...wow. I swear, they don't even try. It actually saddened me to attempt to watch the English dub of Macross when Mari Iijima reprised her role as Minmay - correctly pronouncing all the names, despite the other voice "talent" mangling everything.

Man, if this show ever makes it to Cartoon Network, we'll have an entire country of kids mis-pronouncing the name of the show. That sucks. :unsure:

g002.jpg

revoltech Gurren Lagann. normal version to be released in May.

WonderFest will sell the special 1000pcs limited ver (clear drill).

more pics: http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-52725-1-1.html

I went to the site and saw some stuff in the background of the other pics showing the GL winged version. Anyone know if they plan to release some kind of upgrade set or if they are releasing another version of GL later?

Buy a revoltech before you spout that. ^_^

Yeah, I've gotten my prime into every pose I've ever seen him in online or on the box.

Currently in "ninja kick" mode.

Revoltechs are pretty sweet.

Edited by Chewie

Gurren...Loggin? As in Kenny Loggins? SERIOUSLY?

I know I shouldn't expect much from the crew that brought us "Muh-cross," but...wow. I swear, they don't even try. It actually saddened me to attempt to watch the English dub of Macross when Mari Iijima reprised her role as Minmay - correctly pronouncing all the names, despite the other voice "talent" mangling everything.

Man, if this show ever makes it to Cartoon Network, we'll have an entire country of kids mis-pronouncing the name of the show. That sucks. :unsure:

Oh no, I'm pertty sure they try extremely hard to screw up to such a degree. Going back to the Mari exaple...THEY HAD FREAKIN' MARI IIJIMA THERE TO PROPERLY PRONUNCE ALL OF THE NAMES, AND THEY STILL COULDN'T DO IT!"

So I guess this isn't so surprising afterall.

I guess its now somewhat official though the publication was retracted at the last minute and never published

http://animecornerstore.blogspot.com/2008/...-on-at-adv.html

But read on and the have an update stating that all is apparently well. *cross fingers*

ADV Cancels 37 Titles

Anime Offerings on 'Indefinite Hiatus'

January 28, 2008

ARTICLE CANCELED

In a letter to retailers ADV Films has identified 37 anime properties including Devil May Cry, Gurren Lagann, and Pumpkin Scissors that are "on indefinite hiatus, effective immediately." The list includes virtually all of the properties that ADV has announced since its financing deal with the Sojitz Corporation in late June of 2006. The properties that ADV has announced (and released) since then are from a variety of anime studios but they were all licensed through the ARM Corporation, a subsidiary of Japan Contents Investment, an investor group that included the Sojitz Corporation, the Development Bank of Japan and KlockWorx. In its letter to retailers ADV explained: "ADV has suspended certain elements of its former alliance with ARM Corporation, which financed the acquisition of these titles. ADV is working closely with various constituencies with the goal of restoring most if not all of these properties to our release schedule at a later date to the extent possible."

The list includes properties that have already been released in their entirety such as Nerima Daikon Brothers, Guyver, and 009-1, series such as Pumpkin Scissors, Kurau Phantom Memory, and Red Garden that have only been partially released, and eagerly awaited anime such as Devil May Cry, Gurren Lagann and 5 Centimeters per Second that have been announced for later this year. The complete list of ADV anime properties on hiatus is:

009-01

5cm Per Second

Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy

Air Gear

Air Movie

Air TV series

Best Student Council

Blade of the Phantom Master

Comic Party Revolution

Coyote Ragtime

Devil May Cry

Ghost Train

Gurren Lagann

Guyver

Innocent Venus

Jinki: Extend

Kanon TV Series

King of Bandit Jing: 7th Heaven

Kurau Phantom Memory

Le Chevalier D'Eon

Magikano

Moeyo Ken TV Series

Moonlight Mile

Nerima Daikon Brothers

Pani Pani Dash!

Project Blue

Pumpkin Scissors

Red Garden

Synethesia

The Wallflower

Tokyo Majin

UFO Princess Valkyrie - Third and Fourth Seasons

Utawarerumono

Venus vs. Virus

Welcome to the NHK

Xenosaga

Coming on the heels of Geneon's departure the ADV announcement is more bad news for the reeling North American Anime Industry. For the past few years ADV has been the number two anime company in the North America, with a solid 12-13% share of the anime DVD market. Recently though ADV has been showing signs of stress. It has pulled its support from its industry-leading collection of anime clubs and two weeks ago announced that it would cease publication of Newtype USA. The collapse of ADV's deal with ARM does not necessarily mean the end of one of the trailblazing American anime companies, which was founded in 1992. ADV still has an extensive library of titles including the ever-popular Neon Genesis Evangelion. Still the fate of ADV subsidiaries such as The Anime Network, the Newtype successor PiQ, and the ADV manga publishing program that includes the bestselling Yotsuba&! manga remains in the balance as does the future of one of the pioneering powerhouses of the American anime market.

W0W!! 4Chan was actually right on something. :lol:

'Indefinite Hiatus' = perm death the way anime & manga company's handle these things, and it only re-enforces the viewpoint of the fan-subbers and dub watchers. <_<

Not happy about losing some of those titles. Not at all! <_<

5cm Per Second

Moonlight Mile

Synethesia

Welcome to the NHK

*cries*

Newtype

GOOD-BYE! You overpriced, under paged, dvd lacking news stand piece of crap!

newtype still offers dvd's....infact, they offer up to 3 episodes and tons of trailers for different anime...

i actually liked newtype...

is there any plans on another company picking up some of these series?

newtype still offers dvd's....infact, they offer up to 3 episodes and tons of trailers for different anime...

In my local area the news stand stopped carrying the dvd Newtype over a year ago, then reduced the thickness of the mag while increasing it's cost. Toss in the problem of having "new" information that is literally months old and it was pretty worthless. I'd pay 13-17 for Model Hobby though! :lol:

The new Gurren Lagann kit is not out yet, but with its price, I assume it should be on par with kotobukiyas other offerings in Zoids, Armored Core and Super Robot Wars. The 800 yen kit is extremely basic, not very posable, and needs quite a bit of paint. See the detailed info at hobbysearches page below.

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10063920

here are some links for completed and painted kits

http://cms.or.tp/~gamu/gangu/pura/ko/gd/gd.html

http://cms.or.tp/~gamu/gangu/pura/ko/guren/guren.html

http://cms.or.tp/~gamu/gangu/pura/ko/gk/gk.html

http://cms.or.tp/~gamu/gangu/pura/ko/enki/enki.html

Edited by Anavel

I guess its now somewhat official though the publication was retracted at the last minute and never published

http://animecornerstore.blogspot.com/2008/...-on-at-adv.html

But read on and the have an update stating that all is apparently well. *cross fingers*

Oh no....First Gurren Lagann got halt, then I found out the Yotsuba manga is under ADV... and my girlfriend loves that one too. This is getting worse...

• 3 weeks later...

More movie details from the April 2008 Newtype, THX to 2chan/cSakuraS for the translation.

2001772930501517723_rs.jpg

Summary/translation of main points:

Takeda says that they were thinking of making a movie from the time the TV series started airing. After it aired, people were saying they wanted to see more, and they had confidence that this work could be handed down for 10 years like Eva. But when he talked about it to Imaishi while the TV series was still going, he was told "No way!"

So what is the movie about? They were first thinking of making it a summary of the TV series, but don't intend to just rearrange it and end it like that. The theme is "revival." Becoming resolved, Imaishi said "I'll show you something that is Gurren Lagann but not Gurren Lagann!" and began writing great plans, but of course they were turned down. Although, they want to show everyone something very different from what they'd expect.

Also, currently they're in the middle of working on a completely new production different from the movie. They can't reveal the names of the participating staff yet, but he can say that they are distinguished members. They will screen a portion of this at the Tokyo International Anime Faire. "With the movie, we want to betray everyone's expectations in a good way. We'll reveal even more news at the Anime Fair, so please come watch."

---

So...the movie is a recap (but different?) and they're working on something new (most likely what Manabe mentioned in the blog).

Also, the movie will be open to the public in Autumn.