1/48 1982-VF-2007 Spirit Of Valkyrie

penachoy

As a Macross toy fan, I fail to see how this is good news. How is releasing nothing at all better than releasing something? If you didn't like the scheme, you didn't have to buy it. I thought it wasn't too bad. I would have bought it were it an official release. Now I get what? Nothing :(

As of this moment, we don't know if Yamato will be releasing anything at all for the 25th anniversary. Graham hasn't even hinted at anything (unless I completely missed it)

just cause its official doesn't make it good.

heck they could have made these and whos going to buy them.

I just dont think they'd appeal to the majority

Edited by Macross73

As a Macross toy fan, I fail to see how this is good news. How is releasing nothing at all better than releasing something? If you didn't like the scheme, you didn't have to buy it. I thought it wasn't too bad. I would have bought it were it an official release. Now I get what? Nothing :(

As a Macross toy fan I'd rather have nothing than that "Spilit of Valkylieminogue"

But you would buy a polished turd with "25th anniversary" on it, as long as it's official?

But you would buy a polished turd with "25th anniversary" on it, as long as it's official?

Saw an ad once where spomeone had placed a BMW badge on a dog turd and the punch line was "You idiots will buy anything"

Man, I must say, it is pretty Fugly. If I was that Valkyrie pilot in charge of that POS, I'd ask for a transfer. The paint scheme makes it look snub nosed, and much thinner than it is. That paint scheme has a really bad illusion of size and design that makes it look like a knock-off. The YF-19 looks "OK", but just that. Nothing to wow over. :p

I'm not getting these unless I see a 19 on sale for $70 or less... maybe.

Man, I must say, it is pretty Fugly. If I was that Valkyrie pilot in charge of that POS, I'd ask for a transfer. The paint scheme makes it look snub nosed, and much thinner than it is. That paint scheme has a really bad illusion of size and design that makes it look like a knock-off

actually, that is kinda cool like those warships with a painted bow to change it's appearance when viewed from a distance

it's that colorscheme in general that makes me barf

Edited by Nightbat

that i would buy, these on the otherhand...well you know.

Kinda like those crystal versions of the MGs and HGs that Bandai pans out with their Gundam kits. Wouldn't be such a bad idea with 1/48s.

post-466-1176181117_thumb.jpg

post-466-1176181356_thumb.jpg

Kinda like those crystal versions of the MGs and HGs that Bandai pans out with their Gundam kits. Wouldn't be such a bad idea with 1/48s.

Too bad we need a skeleton! :( Maybe it would look ok, but i can't picture it. Clear wings would look filth. :D

I still want something to display my clear FP's with... i think i will use it for my custom 1S.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Too bad we need a skeleton! :( Maybe it would look ok, but i can't picture it. Clear wings would look filth. :D

Actually, you are right, I didn't consider that. Now that I think about it, it might look ugly.

Maybe a gold plated Valkyrie.

Or the gold or silver plated VF-17 by Bandai. I don't know if it was ugly due to the primitiveness of the toy or the actual fact that it looked like something Mr T would wear on his neck.