Ace Combat 6:Skies of Liberation for XBOX360!

I am so curious as to how multiplayer will fare. With no countermeasures to speak of, one would think that the special weapons on each plane (particularly the short range high-maneuverability missiles - QAAM, was it?) would be exceedingly powerful. I'm already envisioning a Crimson Skies-type dogfight where you get shot down pretty regularly. I enjoyed Crimson Skies multiplayer immensely, but I hope AC6 is not going to work like that.

They are implementing a feature in multiplayer that basically limits you if you are using a plane rated much higher than your opponents. For example, a newer plane is given disadvantages, while an older plane is given advantages as to balance things out. This can turn out good or bad. I wonder if this will diminish the fact that all you have to do to dodge a missle is hold R1 and turn.

Reading around the AC6 forums (not going to do that again, people are already posting blatant spoilers with no warning at all--and NOBODY in the US has played it so it's a spoiler to everybody) I'm going to go try some new things soon.

Also--it seems that we will be able to customize the plane's paint. Wonder if it's just an in-game editor, or can we use photoshop and make BMPs and download them to the game? Because while I have no skills for that, I can sure advise the people who can with regards to accuracy, patterns, colors, etc. Anyone here able to recolor planes? VF-101 red-tail F-14B here I come...

will the joysticks for the 360 version, work on PC games as well? or it only for the 360?

Probably will work on the PC, there are reports that the older flight sticks for Ace Combat 5 work with some obscure drivers :blink: Ask Google for more info on that. It's too bad the colors are fugly tho :ph34r:

Reading around the AC6 forums (not going to do that again, people are already posting blatant spoilers with no warning at all--and NOBODY in the US has played it so it's a spoiler to everybody) I'm going to go try some new things soon.

Also--it seems that we will be able to customize the plane's paint. Wonder if it's just an in-game editor, or can we use photoshop and make BMPs and download them to the game? Because while I have no skills for that, I can sure advise the people who can with regards to accuracy, patterns, colors, etc. Anyone here able to recolor planes? VF-101 red-tail F-14B here I come...

That would be cool.

Dunno if anyone cares or not, but Gamestop/EB Games is giving away for free (they don't even bug for reserves or anything!) a pack of posters... one is for Ace Combat 6.

I went to one today to put a reserve on the game/flight stick package, and they said they received no posters.

• 3 weeks later...

Multiplayer Details:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/higher-and-higher...ails-293192.php

"AC6 has four online modes. Battle Royale is a straight up dogfight for up to 16 players, with Team Battle letting those 16 split into two teams to test out their tactics. Siege Battle is a 4 on 4 fight where teams take turns defending land, sea, and air based targets from attack. Finally Co-op battle lets a team of 4 take on AI controlled opponents, perfect for practicing team tactics."

:ph34r:

I'm in if you're in, David. Anyone else want in this squadron?

If I had a working 360 again, I'd say yeah. I'm holding out for the Falcon chipped ones. Dammit, where's our PS3 version...I still have my AC5 flight stick! :lol:

I'm in if you're in, David. Anyone else want in this squadron?

You can count me in.

Had the joystick for Ace 5 and yes you can download a driver to make it work on PC (made by a japanese player) I did it but cant remember where the drivers at. I am sure they will do the same for the 360 one. Had my stick bundle on order since the day the SKU was listed.

Edited by Sorata

Heh heh---I simply bought a 50ft ethernet cable, and just string it all the way across the living room and into my bedroom, when I need to hook up to Live. :) A lot cheaper and easier than setting up a wireless connection.

Yeah it might come down to that.

I actually picked up a Belkin USB Wireless Adapter not too long ago when they were on sale at Comp USA for around 60 bucks. I already had my Router hooked up so i figured i plug this in and it'll be a cinch to get on Xbox Live Wirelessly. Well come to find out when i try to plug the adapter in the back of the Xbox it won't fit. The Outer shell of the USB Adapter was too large to make it past the Console Casing. The only way to make it work was either shave down the Adapter Shell or grind out some extra space on the Console Casing. Needless to say that was a return. <_<

I think some people would find it ironic that I never use joysticks/yokes etc for "flying" planes. Even on a PC. Numeric pad+FS4=bliss. :)

I'm the same way. I have a Logitech one that I bought for Tie Fighter, and that's about it. I got the Ace Combat 5 bundle, but playing with a flight stick seemed weird after learning to play the games with a Dual Shock since Ace Combat 2.

I'm the same way. I have a Logitech one that I bought for Tie Fighter, and that's about it. I got the Ace Combat 5 bundle, but playing with a flight stick seemed weird after learning to play the games with a Dual Shock since Ace Combat 2.

I 2nd that!!

I gotta scrounge up dough for not only a new TV, but a 360 as well. I figure I might keep with my theme and just get the Halo edition when it comes out to match my old Xbox Halo edition.

Wait, can a 360 run on a Samsung 226BW?

/googling....

And the answer is YES! And in HD as well.

But which version to get? I just read the Halo edition one only comes with a measly 20gb hard drive?!?! MEH! I am thinking the Elite, but what is everyone elses opinion?

Edited by Fatalist

Fatalist--I'd buy an elite, but check the manufacturing date. Look for a really recent one---July/August. That actually applies to any 360. If they won't let you look/pick---buy from somewhere else. They way some distribution centers are, you could easily get one from last October that just arrived at the store. Or one that was built in China only 12 days ago.

I think we should make a gamertag list in this thread, besides the one in the 360 thread.

Me: "Xenogears Id"

mikeszekely: "Pharaohman"

sorata, yellowlightman, veritas?

I'm - surprisingly enough - "FZeroOne", though I haven't ventured on-line too much yet. You might hear me saying "Tally Ho!" in an authentic 1940s RAF fighter pilot voice just before buying the farm in a volley of AMRAAMs... :)

I 2nd that!!

I gotta scrounge up dough for not only a new TV, but a 360 as well. I figure I might keep with my theme and just get the Halo edition when it comes out to match my old Xbox Halo edition.

Wait, can a 360 run on a Samsung 226BW?

/googling....

And the answer is YES! And in HD as well.

But which version to get? I just read the Halo edition one only comes with a measly 20gb hard drive?!?! MEH! I am thinking the Elite, but what is everyone elses opinion?

If you like Halo that much, just get the Halo edition. You can upgrade the HDD seperately, and it'll cost about the same as the Elite. And you won't be losing anything, because the Halo edition ought to have the HDMI out. What's more, unless you download A LOT from the Marketplace (I've had mine for nearly two years, and I've filled maybe 4GB), you might find the bigger HDD unnecessary.

I like Halo, but im not one of those that spooge for it or anything thats ever released for it. But you're right. I'm not a hardcore enough of a console gamer to warrant an Elite edition (although its really tempting). So I'll probably end up with the Halo edition. Just want to make sure it has HDMI out and all that jazz for the HD displays.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

I mainly vote for Elite because it's black, and has a chance of having quieter fans. (AFAIK the quieter fans are Elite-only, but even then aren't that common) Also most likely to have the quieter drive. The bigger HDD is worthless. If you just want a basic system--get the Pro/$350, as recent ones have HDMI and the extra heat sink. And that's easier to tell, as it shows/lists HDMI on the box.

I mainly vote for Elite because it's black

I think I'm in that whole "white is the new black" crowd. The last piece of electronics that I bought that was black when I had an option was my iPod (and even then, for some reason, I still prefer the black ones). White DS Lite, white MacBook, white Wii, and loving it.

Certain Gamestops will look at the date of manufacture for you, I know Target and Walmart won't open up the cases and let me look. All Best Buys have them sitting out and I just poke all the boxes and look at the date. All the Elites they had were made in June 2007. All the Premiums, none had HDMI, were made in NOVEMBER 2005!!!!!

They are trying to push the old ones out I guess.

---

Chowser : Sarge051