Beagle 1/12 Mospeada Ride Armor for 2008

Save

13cm = 6" that's 1/12 scale... that's pretty good. Looks good so far. treads on rubber tires would be nice though.

Well, a Mopeada in armor mode would certainly be taller than 6', so I'd be a lot more likely to believe 1/15 over 1/12 for a 6" figure.

While I don't generally like the Cyclone/Mopeada, if this version is cheap I might pick one up. Looks pretty good.

13CM is just over 5" and, I'd guess a ride armor stands about 7' tall or 84". This would put the scale around 1/16.5. It's a decent enough size though but something that small with as many intricate pieces as the ride armor may lead to some big durability issues. Time will tell, I'm excited. This is the Megahouse version, we still haven't seen Beagle's efforts. Should be an interesting Fall...

• 3 months later...
BUMP!!

so, any updates on any of these kits... Beagle? Megahouse?

I was planning on getting me an IMAI 1/12 ride armor scale model, couldn't find any built threads here or reference to it, is it worth it or should I wait for these 'toys' hehehe

Meaghouses 4-5" or so Ride armour should be out in the fall and looks pretty good.

No idea what it'll cost though, probably a lot for it's size.

BUMP!!

so, any updates on any of these kits... Beagle? Megahouse?

I was planning on getting me an IMAI 1/12 ride armor scale model, couldn't find any built threads here or reference to it, is it worth it or should I wait for these 'toys' hehehe

promethuem5 is right about the IMAI kits being quite delicate. They are very finicky to transform and don't stay together terribly well. However, they are fairly nice looking and well-sculpted. When Aoshima re-released them, I bought two of each along with some extra Wave ball and socket joints. I built them fixed in each mode (i.e. one with bike and rider, the other in power armour mode) and used the joints for some extra posability in the arms (elbows mostly). If I had a digital camera I'd share some pics. They turned out quite nicely (if I do say so myself).

So, to sum up, nice to look at, crappy to transform.

Edited by Penguin

I would like to see pictures of yours? camera phone? hehehe

I was thinking the same of perhaps getting a couple of kits and building one in each mode, I have heard of their fragility too, but I would really like to see pictures of a finished model by someone, since I feel the box pictures don't do much justice, so dull

Wow cool! Looking great! B))

I sence the designer taking great effort to get as close as possible to the design.. a heck i now those wheels are a pain in the ass but there are so many plusses it doesn't bother me at all ^_^

I am still waiting for someone taking up the challenge building/modding a 1:1 scale mospeada bike.... that would be cool.

Edited by Kin

• 1 month later...
Nex pics on HLJ :

for the 1/15 megahouse's cyclones

http://www.hlj.com/hlj_gallery2/v/plamod20...cifi/?g2_page=3

and for the 1/10 beagle's one:

http://www.hlj.com/hlj_gallery2/v/plamod20...cifi/?g2_page=5

IMHO Megahouse's design is not very appealing. What's with the two white triangles under the chest on either sides of the torso?

I hope Beagle can deliver on this design.

The "two white triangles" are in the design, they are side armor pieces when in suit mode and side guards behind the engine in bike mode.

The problem with the Megahouse design is not in it's adherence to the line art, but in it's proportional deviation. They are making several compromises between the two modes in an attempt to maximize poseability, which is creating a sort of amorphodite final result. The general design of the ride armor contains so much "anime magic" that presenting it in a functional, transforming toy form that not only functions well in both modes but also looks spot on to the line art is near impossible.

All in all I'll probably buy these but leave them in armor mode... those riders without their armor just look way too screwed up to me.

The "two white triangles" are in the design, they are side armor pieces when in suit mode and side guards behind the engine in bike mode.

The problem with the Megahouse design is not in it's adherence to the line art, but in it's proportional deviation. They are making several compromises between the two modes in an attempt to maximize poseability, which is creating a sort of amorphodite final result. The general design of the ride armor contains so much "anime magic" that presenting it in a functional, transforming toy form that not only functions well in both modes but also looks spot on to the line art is near impossible.

All in all I'll probably buy these but leave them in armor mode... those riders without their armor just look way too screwed up to me.

How about some lineart pics to demonstrate the harsh differences between the two.

I myself don't have any line art but even someone not familiar with the design can look at the rider figure and see how whacked out it's neck proportions are, how strange it's shoulder conditions are, how disproportionate it's torso and pelvis are and how huge it's legs are. But it's all done in compromise to make the "armor" mode "work". In the anime the human rider as well as the bike underwent a galaxy of reproportioning, scaling and shifting between "bike" and "armor" modes and it's very hard to translate that into a solid toy well.

I myself have always just wanted highly detailed fixed mode toys of the ride armors in both forms. I've always felt these toys could be done real justice if left as single mode items. After all, most collectors will just leave them in one mode anyway and the hardcore collectors will buy two so they can display it in both modes... why not just do an endrun and make two different super high detail toys? That way you don't have all these goofy proportional and "needed to transform" conditions.

I myself don't have any line art but even someone not familiar with the design can look at the rider figure and see how whacked out it's neck proportions are, how strange it's shoulder conditions are, how disproportionate it's torso and pelvis are and how huge it's legs are. But it's all done in compromise to make the "armor" mode "work". In the anime the human rider as well as the bike underwent a galaxy of reproportioning, scaling and shifting between "bike" and "armor" modes and it's very hard to translate that into a solid toy well.

I myself have always just wanted highly detailed fixed mode toys of the ride armors in both forms. I've always felt these toys could be done real justice if left as single mode items. After all, most collectors will just leave them in one mode anyway and the hardcore collectors will buy two so they can display it in both modes... why not just do an endrun and make two different super high detail toys? That way you don't have all these goofy proportional and "needed to transform" conditions.

And you could avoid the hassle of actually transform the thing. Sorry, I'm a "perfect transformation" nazi, but I'm getting old and tired of transforming my toys over and over with the risk of broken pieces and all.

I hope Beagle learns from the mistakes of both Megahouse and Toynami/Aoshima, and gives us a definitive version. The poor sculpt made by Megahouse's of the bike has me skeptic about getting them. I understand compromises have to be done, but I'm a bike fan and specially a Cyclone bike fan.

I think you've hit the nail on the need jenius... the design just has alot of small moving parts for a 6" scale figure... that's a big part of why the large Gakken works... more room to work with. If they did 1/6 scale it'd cost a whole lot, but be utterly amazing.

If CM delivers the goods, you'll have the tiny tiny fixed ones that come with the Legios/Thread combo :unsure:

Personally I can live with non perfect transformation. The only thing that would irk me is part swaps (hate having extra pieces that don't go anywhere until transformed).

I'll probably go with the Megahouse version. The extra stuff like Mint and the boxes practically seal the deal for me... and I also like small thing

Edited by Twoducks

• 2 weeks later...