Beagle 1/12 Mospeada Ride Armor for 2008

Save

Holy Jesus, this company's first effort at a transformable toy will be a ride armor? That has disaster written all over it... although I hope to God I'm wrong.

Was Toynami's version 1/10 or 1/12? It's the same size standing as a Toynami Alpha in Battloid.

EDIT - Those bastids have the 1/72 Japanese version of the Gakken Legioss I want in their display. SaveRobotech, go steal it for me! :D

Toynami's efforts are those of amateurs as well. So the difference will be hardly noticable if it doesn't work out.

What I'm thinking is that this could very well be a distribution type deal. What leads me to think so is that the scales are the same, and the number of versions coming out are the same. Beagle says 4 versions, Toynami has 4 versions. As for reasons they wouldn't have prototype pics is probably because Toynami hasn't approved their prototype pics as of yet, and they are waiting for that to send to them. Late 4th quarter release of the Toynami toys would mean a release in 2008 for Beagle in a distribution, as Toynami would get them first, then approve shipping from the factory to the Japanese distributor.

If not, then this is gonna be one interesting business move for Beagle, as they are doing a toy that is already in production, albeit, from another company in another country. It's still a strange move if that's the case. :blink:

I just found this pic of that "Vince" version among my junk. The file name says "devastator", I don't remember where I got it from, but it was a looooong time ago. You sure it's a Robotech design?

Hmm... I think it looks a little bit different. I never watched all of MOSPEADA but I didn't remember it showing up in the original series AFAIK.

Could have been an unused design maybe?

I just found this pic of that "Vince" version among my junk. The file name says "devastator", I don't remember where I got it from, but it was a looooong time ago. You sure it's a Robotech design?

The chest is the same as this design but thats about it. Tommy Yune definately uses unused concept art in his new stuff. He has used a few other designs in the Invasion game and comic including elements of the Devastator ride armor in the video game. He also uses the name for a ride armor, but the ride armor doesnt look like this :)

I've never seen that design outside of Robotech, I've always assumed it was a Robotech creation.

Nope... not robotech.

I scanned that from my artmic bible book. long ago in a MWforum far far away.

What I'm thinking is that this could very well be a distribution type deal. What leads me to think so is that the scales are the same, and the number of versions coming out are the same. Beagle says 4 versions, Toynami has 4 versions. As for reasons they wouldn't have prototype pics is probably because Toynami hasn't approved their prototype pics as of yet, and they are waiting for that to send to them. Late 4th quarter release of the Toynami toys would mean a release in 2008 for Beagle in a distribution, as Toynami would get them first, then approve shipping from the factory to the Japanese distributor.

If not, then this is gonna be one interesting business move for Beagle, as they are doing a toy that is already in production, albeit, from another company in another country. It's still a strange move if that's the case. :blink:

On the last day of TAF I talked to the director of Beagle, well with help from a translator that is. We talked a bit about Toynami, and they where only aware of the Alpha and not the Cyclones. They didn't even know about RTTSC either. They say that they are fans of Mospeada, and many other Japanese fans want new Mospeada toys.

Not really a strange move, because if Toynami's version comes to Japan they will cost 3 times more than the US retail price since it will be an import, until they go on clearance 4 years later. Plus I'll be happy to see the Japanese Mospeada toys in boxes that actually represent whats inside the box.

Edited by SaveRobotech

On the last day of TAF I talked to the director of Beagle, well with help from a translator that is. We talked a bit about Toynami, and they where only aware of the Alpha and not the Cyclones. They didn't even know about RTTSC either. They say that they are fans of Mospeada, and many other Japanese fans want new Mospeada toys.

Not really a strange move, because if Toynami's version comes to Japan they will cost 3 times more than the US retail price since it will be an import, until they go on clearance 4 years later. Plus I'll be happy to see the Japanese Mospeada toys in boxes that actually represent whats inside the box.

Great news, thanks Save Robotech. :D

Nope... not robotech.

I scanned that from my artmic bible book. long ago in a MWforum far far away.

So it actually was an unused design? Wow... it totally clashes with the feel and flow of the other Ride Armors. I can see why they left it on the cutting room floor.

Save Robotech, thanks for the update. By strange, I meant that they are all coming out roughly around the same time. It'll be nice to see variations of the two, and figure out which one is better. Either way, I would love to still see swappable heads.

As for the

So it actually was an unused design? Wow... it totally clashes with the feel and flow of the other Ride Armors. I can see why they left it on the cutting room floor.

It is an unused design by the original artists. There are tons of those designs that were never used, like the space armor. Unfortunately, that never made it either.

Tommy's design is based off that Artmic picture, from what many have thought and perceived, but it is somewhat original. Only using the rail gun looking piece, it's been redesigned as well. Both versions look quite good.

• 1 month later...

I am not sure this needs it's own thread, but I've stumbled upon an update scan from the Megahouse Ride Armor. I think this is discussed at Aoshima Legioss or cm tread thread. This is not the Beagle one, but it is much smaller 13cm tall. Tiny? Well, someone make a jumbo in-scale Legioss like old matchbox then my quest for Mospeada toy is over (beside invids i guess...).

Megahouse isn't receiving warm welcome from Japanese fans, but hey, I see a nice Ride Armor here.

This features retractable thruster fin.

Text says joints will be different and visor will be made of clear part. Oh, 60mm beam cannon will be included too.

post-4983-1179957286_thumb.jpg

Edited by konimon

13cm for the Megahouse MOSPEADA would make it about 1/15 scale... approx the same as Bandai's TransArmor Kamen Rider figures. I think the scuplt looks good but since the design is inherently top-heavy, the toy will either need hips-of-steel or at least a bit of metal in the lower legs for stability. Is that likely from Megahouse? The scan only says ABS/PVC...

Is this the same one we saw in last months scanned page, under the CM's jets?

It's very impressive regardless, even more so at such a small size.

Beagles one will need to have more then just extra shelf presence to beat this.