Beagle 1/12 Mospeada Ride Armor for 2008

Save

Beagle toys have a booth at this years 2007 Tokyo Anime Fair, and they will be releasing a 1/12 scale VR-052-F Mospeada Ride Armor. They are aiming for an early 2008 release in Japan. They didn't have prototype just a Mospeada display as a formal announcement. It will be fully transformable and made of ABS plastic and die cast metal. It is also a new sculpt not a reissue of the old Gakken mold. Beagle plans to release all 4 types of Ride Armor, and should have the VR-052-F on display at this year Plamodel Radicon Show.

I think this will be their first transformable toy, right now they mostly have a few PVC figures for Ghost In The Shell, and Range Murata characters.

post-3328-1174663885_thumb.jpg

Edited by SaveRobotech

All this recent show of love for Mospeada from Toynami ( Yes, I know, but bear with me...), CMS, and now Beagle is making my head spin with giddy fanboy enthusiasm, and causing my wallet to scream bloody murder and hurl profanities at me that would make a street whore blush.

If toynami has motivated the other companies by showing there was a market for Mospeada then toynami has finally done a good thing.

Macross, Gundam, Planet Engage, Megazone 23, Mospeada, I am going to be so broke and will have to start working the streets.

All this recent show of love for Mospeada from Toynami ( Yes, I know, but bear with me...), CMS, and now Beagle is making my head spin with giddy fanboy enthusiasm, and causing my wallet to scream bloody murder and hurl profanities at me that would make a street whore blush.

sounds interesting... hopefully it's a good alternative to the Toynami one. Can't really do a good Ride Armor without die cast can you?

Now... who the F is Beagle?

----->Moving topic------>

Schweet, it will be out of scale with Yammies Shinji Aramaki bikes but that's a very minor quibble.

I thought I was gonna have to wait until CM's had done the jets to get a decent Mospeada toy but apparently they will all appear at once!

btw, This question is inevitable but does anyone have anything by this company cos I've never heard of them.

Maisto makes a ton of their bikes in 1/12 which means these "Beagle" Ride Armors will be in scale with all the Maisto crotch rocket toys on the market. If you've seen those they are smallish but not tiny. They (Maisto) manage to get a good deal of detail into those bikes so I'd imagine no less from whoever this "Beagle" company is... then again IMHO this is an "out of the frying pan into the fire" sort of situation. Which would I rather have, a Ride Armor made by an established but dubious toy maker (Toynami) or a Ride Armor made by a complete "nobody" that no one has ever heard of or knows much about their quality? :huh:

Holy Jesus, this company's first effort at a transformable toy will be a ride armor? That has disaster written all over it... although I hope to God I'm wrong.

Was Toynami's version 1/10 or 1/12? It's the same size standing as a Toynami Alpha in Battloid.

EDIT - Those bastids have the 1/72 Japanese version of the Gakken Legioss I want in their display. SaveRobotech, go steal it for me! :D

Edited by jenius

Heh, the licence holder for GCM, Harmony Gold must be ready to rake in lots of royalties on this slew of toys.

If Tatsunoko still exists as its own entity they would be the ones doing the raking... not that this would be particularly bad for HG since it opens up some doors for them if they want to work out an import trade.

IMHO this is an "out of the frying pan into the fire" sort of situation. Which would I rather have, a Ride Armor made by an established but dubious toy maker (Toynami) or a Ride Armor made by a complete "nobody" that no one has ever heard of or knows much about their quality? :huh:

Holy Jesus, this company's first effort at a transformable toy will be a ride armor? That has disaster written all over it... although I hope to God I'm wrong.

CM's Corp and Max Factory were both once only PVC pushers to name but two.

Edited by Fort Max

1/12? That wouldn't make it very big would it? :huh:

Was Toynami's version 1/10 or 1/12? It's the same size standing as a Toynami Alpha in Battloid.

The largest of the old Gakken Mospeada Ride Armors were 1/10 scale. The Imai models were 1/12 scale, I'd imagine the Toynami versions are too.

1/12 scale is plenty big.

CM's Corp and Max Factory were both once only PVC pushers to name but two.

Yes, and Gakken wasn't a toy maker back in the day either. There's still more than ample reason to show more tha a little trepidation over a company taking on such an ambitious (and delicate) toy. Even for a dedicated, tried and true company with tons of experience, the Ride Armor is nothing to take lightly. It is very complicated with many small parts that need to move to combine in a delicate menagerie of a figure.

Yamato has shown that if you put out a well designed, better version of the same mecha, buyers will pay the extra cost of shipping.

Hopefully, these and the CM Legioss/Tread will come out really decent and we can all give Toynami and they're crappy Robotech Masterpiece series the bird.

Actually, Gakken's large Ride Armor is 1/8 scale.

No way. That would make Stick 6' in those huge boots. He'd be like 5'8" out of armor. There's no way he's as short as my dad. :lol:

I still think it's 1/10

I'm always in the market for better goods. I hope all of these companies put Toynami to shame but coming from a history with a dearth of toys for this series (since the late 80s at least) I'm really just thrilled to see any companies involved, including Toynami.

Oh yeah, we're going to see some neat comparisons in scale now too with other franchises. This should be very cool.

You guys don't think that Beagle will just be distributing the Toynami product do you?

Nah, they would've had a prototype. Plus the projected release date is 2008.

Yeah but that's actually right in line with Toynami. Toynami is projecting November of 2007 state-side. I would think they would introduce the product first in their home market and then abroad (seems to be how most companies do things). If they're not just repackaging it will make for some awesome competition! Then again, Beagle might not hit until November 2008. Also, if Toynami only has a couple prototypes it'd make sense that Beagle wouldn't be showing one... but you would probably suspect Beagle would be showing pictures of the Toynami prototype at the least.

Nah, they would've had a prototype. Plus the projected release date is 2008.

so they'll probably beat Toynami by about a year before the MPC hits the streets. :lol:

Yeah, I looked them (Beagle) up and they seem to have only done PVC figures distributed by Organic in the States. Organic is a relatively new company too. They've done GITS figures. A lot of the Organic people here in L.A. used to work for YAMATO USA.