Macross 25th Anniversary! New TV series coming!

wolfx

I think they should get Happatai instead of an idol. Then the theme song for the show could be Yatta. They could even fly VF-19s with fig leaves painted on the abdomen! What a happy song!

What? Oh am I about 5 years late with that joke? Sorry. I just discovered Yatta the other day and thought it was amazing.

I hope they go in a different direction than whats already been done in terms or the intro and outro. They've done 80's pop and fast paced rock, i'd like something akin to the music in the openings of Witch Hunter Robin or Ergo Proxy. But, it all depends on the target audience (i just hope it doesn't have a Gundam SEEDish opening)

I remember someone at AX last year mentioned that her and Kawamori decided not to work together anymore. Hope that person is dead wrong :(

You mean after their work on Aquarion?

The new OVA was just released a few days ago and Yoko Kanno is still listed as part of the cast.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycloped...ime.php?id=7520

Last update:

Jun.4, 2007

19:36(Japan Standard Time)

Mr. Kentaro Haneda(羽田å¥å¤ªéƒŽï¼ŒMacross TV composer)has passed away. Rest in Peace.

Macross 25th lost a principal guest...

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/fl...0070604027.html

http://www.marimusic.com/index2.html

Mari(飯島 真ç†ï¼ŒMinmay voice)said that The Macross 25th Concert will be a gift to Mr. Haneda in Aug.

Last update:

Jun.4, 2007

19:36(Japan Standard Time)

Mr. Kentaro Haneda(羽田å¥å¤ªéƒŽï¼ŒMacross TV composer)has passed away. Rest in Peace.

Macross 25th lost a principal guest...

http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/fl...0070604027.html

http://www.marimusic.com/index2.html

Mari(飯島 真ç†ï¼ŒMinmay voice)said that The Macross 25th Concert will be a gift to Mr. Haneda in Aug.

His music was unique, you just don't hear stuff like that today.

RIP Kentaro. You'll be missed. :(

From animenewsnetwork.com:

Kawamori of First Macross to Helm, Design New Macross

Original Macross co-creator Shoji Kawamori's production roles have been confirmed for the 25th anniversary Macross television series, tentatively titled Macross 25. He will be story creator, executive director, story supervisor, and mechanical designer. The actual director and other scriptwriters have not been announced. Satelight (Noein, Macross Zero) will animate for the sponsor Big West and the Macross 25 Project committee. Kawamori serves as managing director on Satelight's board. The female lead will be announced during a August 18 debut concert. Source: Moon Phase

From animenewsnetwork.com:

"Kawamori of First Macross to Helm, Design New Macross

Original Macross co-creator Shoji Kawamori's production roles have been confirmed for the 25th anniversary Macross television series, tentatively titled Macross 25. He will be story creator, executive director, story supervisor, and mechanical designer. The actual director and other scriptwriters have not been announced. Satelight (Noein, Macross Zero) will animate for the sponsor Big West and the Macross 25 Project committee. Kawamori serves as managing director on Satelight's board. The female lead will be announced during a August 18 debut concert. Source: Moon Phase"

Wow, I read he was the Supervising Producer and Mechanical designer and that was it.

Story supervisor is no surprise, he's held that type of title for all but one of the Macross productions.

Personally I wonder how many of those titles are like "Executive Producer" credits here which mean "bigger paycheck" and nothing else. Executive director could simply mean he get's final say on what the actual Korean directors animate. Plus the fact that I'm sure if his name is attached to any Macross property it will guarantee a certain amount of fan interest.

Maybe I'm being a Pollyanna, but I am hoping he is allowed to go back to the roots of the series with character driven SF drama like we saw in SDFM and Plus.

Macross 25, huh? Well that could just be another emigration fleet story like 7, only with Macross 25 fleet in the 2050's or 2060's era... I'm curious

Wow, I read he was the Supervising Producer and Mechanical designer and that was it.

Story supervisor is no surprise, he's held that type of title for all but one of the Macross productions.

Personally I wonder how many of those titles are like "Executive Producer" credits here which mean "bigger paycheck" and nothing else. Executive director could simply mean he get's final say on what the actual Korean directors animate. Plus the fact that I'm sure if his name is attached to any Macross property it will guarantee a certain amount of fan interest.

Macross 25, huh? Well that could just be another emigration fleet story like 7, only with Macross 25 fleet in the 2050's or 2060's era... I'm curious

The label "Macross 25" is probably the working title/generic title until the official announcement (like "Batman Begins 2", or "Rocky VI"). If I start hearing people call it Macross 25... :angry::ph34r:

Mecha Designer...like no one saw that coming. Kawamori being Executive Producer is no big deal, somewhat expected actually. Hopefully, we have a good director coming on board.

Indeed. :mellow:

I just hope he stays away from the tree-hugging magical-girl macross-less themes. He can keep the lolicon stuff thou. :lol:

I had really hoped that he would only be at most an adviser & mech designer. :mellow:

As long as he doesn't pull any "We are the world." stuff...

Hopefully there will be singing plants and cute furry aliens and rocks that float, with valks that have transformer style faces on them. The valks will combine like the legioss and tread to form a four-legged gerwalk mode that looks like a sony aibo dog. Japan will love it! :D Make it have lots of bright coloured mecha and have the ships transform into a giant minmay doll that sings to fight aliens who go crazy because the same song is used every episode. One ship is minmay's right leg, the other ship is the left leg, and the other two form each arm, and a final one is the chest and hips. So it will be like aquarion but on a massive scale. Dr Chiba is the captain of the ship after the military realise how helpless they are against PD.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The label "Macross 25" is probably the working title/generic title until the official announcement (like "Batman Begins 2", or "Rocky VI"). If I start hearing people call it Macross 25... :angry::ph34r:

Mecha Designer...like no one saw that coming. Kawamori being Executive Producer is no big deal, somewhat expected actually. Hopefully, we have a good director coming on board.

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Maybe it is truth.

The reference article only in here, but it said that "Macross 25" a temp name

http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20070605

[アニメ]TVA「マクロス25(仮)ã€ç¶šå ±ã€‚

原作・ç·ç›£ç£ãƒ»ã‚¹ãƒˆãƒ¼ãƒªãƒ¼æ§‹æˆãƒ»ãƒ¡ã‚«ãƒ‹ãƒƒã‚¯ãƒ‡ã‚¶ã‚¤ãƒ³ï¼šæ²³æ£®æ­£æ²»

アニメーション制作:サテライト

©2007 ビックウエストï¼ãƒžã‚¯ãƒ­ã‚¹25製作委員会

I figure this name is too pooooooor...........

- -