Macross 25th Anniversary! New TV series coming!

wolfx

I`d like to know this too. They said they had recently chosen a voice actress for the famale lead? So in Japanese anime production are voices done before or after the animation as a rule? I have a feeling its after so the series would be in post production?

it's usual in most animation to get the voices before animating. hollywood animation is the same way.. animators often review the tapes of the actors giving performances for body language and facial cues and work them into the character animations.

If their response was "oh sh!t, what the hell is that" I'd agree with you. But their reponse was "oh sh!t, they're doing some oldschool protoculture sh!t right there" which signifies a recognition of what was seen.

I like to think the PC are like that kid in akira with the TK abilities, (not as angry though) based on what that chic in macross zero did with her barrier shield and levitation. That the PC might even be something like the extinct race that *Superman came from who were generally like us but more evolved and stuff heh.

If sara can levitate and the mao girl can communicate telepathically I have no reason to doubt that zentradi weren't in some way witness to some powers like levitation and stuff.

So singing to make flowers grow quickly and using TK to lift rocks and fly on them isn't magic but something they accept as normal. So when you see the kid in akira moving rocks with his mind and creating a barrier to fly into space to beat up a satellite like superman, that might be what the zentradi were witness to. I have no evidence, but based on what sara does in macross zero maybe that is where it is heading? (people who could easily fight wars themselves but assigned that task to clone soldiers for convenience?)

In that snese maybe the strongest psychic powered guy, was like rare in the way the jedi knights were in the later star wars trilogy and basara is like one of the rare people with a bit of their gift from the PC visitors that visited earth for a while? (but only in the anima spiritua thing, not fully powered like what the zentradi thought they saw in kaifun's movie)

*you know what I mean, just people whose powers are seen as normal and natural not magic to them. So maybe they thought Kaifun looked like an asian superman thought to be long extinct and since no one sees them often, it is a forgotten legend only. (like the ancient pop song that they all forgot in DYRL)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

WHEN is the trailer coming?

17:00

Tokyo Young Japanese Large Hall(æ±äº¬ 日本é’年館大ホール)

Last update:

In this Live...

The New Macross trailer will be released!!!

The New Macross Heroine!!!Debut!!!!

Just to clarify for anyone confused by the terrible Japlish they`re using "Live" as a noun. They mean concert.

Just to clarify for anyone confused by the terrible Japlish they`re using "Live" as a noun. They mean concert.

Hehehe

Bingo~~~~~~~~~~

マクロス25周年記念ライブ = Macross 25th Anniversary Live

ライブ = Live = concert

Edited by kresphy

You can study the evidence for "planet X" too, doesn't make it any more valid of a proposition.

That's a fairly weak rebuttal.

Why study Zero Point energy, or tachions, to name a few or any other speculative hypothesis?

They are studied to determine if such things exist or can be measured.

Just because we can't measure tachions or see atoms doesn't mean they don't exist. They are only proven by mathematical formula since they are too small to be physically measured.

Zero point energy is another quantum physical study that has only resulted in mathematical formula and speculated measurements, yet it is actively studied.

Scientists themselves have proven that we only utilize approximately 25% of our brain's capacity, they'd have to be willfully ignorant morons to believe that the other 75% is just left over meat with no useful potential.

Hence the studies into these phenomenon that could demonstrate what these unused quadrants could actually be used for.

Scientists are trained skeptics, however for them to be of any use to the scientific community they must keep an open mind to new possibilities or they simply become critics who contribute nothing new.

That's a fairly weak rebuttal.

Why study Zero Point energy, or tachions, to name a few or any other speculative hypothesis?

Not all unproven/hypothetical ideas are equal.

Tachyons and string theory are up here: ^

ESP, telekinesis and planet X are down there: v

Scientists themselves have proven that we only utilize approximately 25% of our brain's capacity, they'd have to be willfully ignorant morons to believe that the other 75% is just left over meat with no useful potential.

That's not true. It's often said, but it's just not so. You don't use all of it at once, but you use all of it. At least that's what I've been told by people who ought to know.

Edited by Phyrox

Tokyo Young Japanese Large Hall(æ±äº¬ 日本é’年館大ホール)

Basara(Fukuyama,ç¦å±± 芳樹), Mylene(Chie Kajiura,ãƒã‚¨ã‚«ã‚¸ã‚¦ãƒ©) and Minmay(Mari Iijima,飯島 真ç†)...

We are together~~~~

[/color]

^^

Now that's a concert I'd love to see.... :D

Not all unproven/hypothetical ideas are equal.

Tachyons and string theory are up here: ^

ESP, telekinesis and planet X are down there: v

That's not true. It's often said, but it's just not so. You don't use all of it at once, but you use all of it. At least that's what I've been told by people who ought to know.

If it helps any, as a bit of support I can say that both of the books that we used in my neurology and neuropsychology classes made the point that the notion of us using only a small portion of our brains is actually a very old and outdated theory - that was when they still thought some of the smaller cells in our brain were at "early stages of development". If you look at a PET scan you will see that these "inactive cells" actually light up. If you watch the same PET scan for a few minutes you will see that the entire mass is lit up (througout the entire three dimensional structure).

All the neurologists I've met back this up - I've also seen it on screen. So we are using every last iota of our brain in our daily lives - now whether or not we are using it efficiently is another matter. But that has very little to do with studies of ESP. In fact if anyone had actually "proved" ESP they would have won a million dollars (at least from the National Science Foundation, I think there are a number of other cynical organizations that offer as much or more for proof of the paranormal). So far no one has. But people who are very good natural psychologists can make great guesses, and using people responses edge them to the point that they appear almost supernatural.

Of course ESP can still make a very interesting plot device in a science fiction story. Emphasis on the fiction - just because we don't have it doesn't mean that it couldn't happen, just not with the HUMAN brain as it is.

Sorry - it's probably not good to let this thread shoot to far off tangent, but I couldn't help but throw my two bits in. :)

Actually, Planet X was discovered, caused a big controversy, and now the Solar system only has like 8 "planets" and a bunch of "planetoids".

Read this, you may find some food for thought:

http://www.neilslade.com/Papers/how.html

*eventhough some of the spelling is atrocious (thank you modern American school system)... :rolleyes:

Edited by Zinjo

Last update:

May.29, 2007

12:22(Japan Standard Time)

The news form SEGA:

http://segadirect.jp/Catalog/ProductDetail...U=0101008-04200

Macross 25th Project: Macross Max Box! (temp name)

The Macross series songs will be included in 8 disc.

and...

The Macorss Official Website was updated on 5.28.

There are some old news about Macross 25th Concert.

http://www.macross.co.jp

but...

I find other words in these messages:

ä»–ã«ã‚‚ゲストã®ç™»å ´ãŒã‚ã‚‹ã‹ã‚‚!?

Maybe other secret guests will present the concert~~~

Who??????????????????????

Edited by kresphy

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE put the concert on dvd!!!!!!

The last 15th Anniversary concert "One Night Stand", was apparently filmed but not released which LITERALLY caused my clinical depression and I was thus hospitalized :(

I wonder what the musical theme for the new macross is. Back to J-pop perhaps?

II Mix Delta or T.M. Revolution wouldn't be bad...

Anything written by Yuuki Kajiura is fine...

RYTHEM if they wanna go cutesy duet... (twins Muse and Therese Jenius, anyone?)

But no Chemistry please...not that they're bad...but just doesn't seem fitting...

As long as it's not rap. If it's rap I'll dig a big hole in the back yard and bury every piece of Macross merchandise I own....

I reckon they want to pull a Suzumiya Haruhi, thusly building the music around the main VA/Idol.

I prefer a more edgier sound though.

M7/Hummingbird produced quite a few catchy songs that are still great to listen too.

Too bad they centered on absolutely the worst of the bunch in the series. :lol: