Macross 25th Anniversary! New TV series coming!

wolfx

Taken from an IRC channel somewhere in cyberspace

[04:16] <xxx> Victor is holding an audition for a female seiyuu/singer for its new 'big title' anime

[04:17] <xxx> the pamphlet apparently says macross

[04:17] <xxx> and the setting briefing also sounds very macross

[04:17] <xxx> or something

[04:17] <xxx> well its from moonphase

[04:17] <xxx> which has a pretty good strike rate

I don't know where the original article is on moonphase.

Wait for it folks. ;) With this year as Macross 25th Anniversary, its quite possible.

Taken from an IRC channel somewhere in cyberspace

I don't know where the original article is on moonphase.

Wait for it folks. ;) With this year as Macross 25th Anniversary, its quite possible.

Well Kawamori isn't involved so all his minions on these boards won't be interested... :p

Down boy down! I'm getting excited! B))

Who's 'Victor'? and what's 'Moonphase'?

Victor Entertainment. They are the primary group behind the Macross music releases. Moonphase is a anime magazine/blog (Japanese only, sorry). Anybody want to press Graham about what he knows?

It could be a remake like Gundam Seed !

Oh boy, I hope you were joking. I don't want any remakes or prequels. How about a full sequel or even a side story during SW1. It doesn't even have to be a series, just a 4-5 episode OVA.

Anyways, is there any chance that the chat log is referring to Kawamori's new mecha series?

It could be a remake like Gundam Seed !

Bite your tongue! Macross 7 was bad enough, and I don't want to see the day anything resembling SEED is added to the franchise.

Now, IF such a rumor turns out to be true, I hope Kawamori (assuming he's even involved) gets some help with the writing and direction. His Arjuna/M: Zero/Aquarion stories are all beginning to blur together. Macross could definitely use some fresh blood. I wonder if Ishiguro could be coaxed back.

Yeah, could this be about Kissdum or something?

It could be Kissdum. But they have casted the lead roles already. Unless this is for a minor/cameo character, that they want to sing.

Courtesy of Google's Engrish-to-jibberish translation

* [Animation] “God tune playing boundary [porihuonika]†appears with TV animation.

From 2007 April at TBS MBS series start of broadcast. All the 12 stories. Tele east without being?

Postscript. The broadcasting station was turned off. Misprint? Flying? There is no TBS MBS series and the [te], is not announced yet if in the rear turn “of Kanon†BS-i, therefore the kinetic novel of the original the same VA series, it comes exactly, but it is

* [[tarekomi]] the super Daisaku animation “of Victor Vocal & Voice Auditionâ€, the new work of [makurosu] it seems?

When the address of the sack of the audition participation acceptance postcard which reaches from the DVD wholesaler for generally has become “[makurosuhuraiya]†is. 'As the [ma] it is been [ma] [makurosu], it produces, also the story of the audition summary which is published to the monthly debut' magazine.

* [Thought] “country of wheel, the boy girl of eternityâ€

† The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind in other men the conviction and the will to carry ON.

Seeing entirely, above the average mark, desiring to the fan disk, it is good the work which adopts [ru] ones securely. The especially method month compilation distantly being defeated was highest. The stomach holding, you laughed [kora] of the being defeated compilation. With the legal month compilation, with the [tsu] the [a] it is, even if abandoning everything, you see and whatever are disappointed, see and you think that something should go to meeting, and, as for the corpse trick at the prison, when of corruption speed of the corpse is thought, the [te] it is as for the [te] [e] not becoming aware a little there is an excessiveness and, to a last internment camp special attack, whether how it becomes there is meaning in very the scenario which as for the part which you think that the shape which is left to the prayer it puts out, honesty is wasted however it is, you persist in comparison with the main part, whether just conclusion amount you droopWith repetition, you think that with the [tsu] the [a] is the place where thought becomes relief is, “the country of the wheel†has displayed is just. Assuming, if the [te] is the [te] [e] compilation was made, whether it becomes repetition of the same thing. With the [tsu] the [a] it is, it met even with the parent of 3 public attention of Kenichi's, it is. From first probably there was no intention of designating Kenichi as the special high person. On the one hand, if as for the heroine compilation, the aim heroine it can enjoy, however probably will be, because other than the [chi] compilation, it is extremely normal [kiyara] sprouting scenario, when you play after the legal month compilation, whether tension it goes down. Kenichi of the heroine compilation is not visible, with the [tsu] the [a] it is succeeding will, the [ru] way and. Therefore the older sister compilation how, virgin loss drawing it is with the epilogue of main part and the [chi] [ya] [tsu] is the thing, there is no production H in order to take consistency to start,…. After becoming the president, the after story was better, it is it probably won't be?

If by the way, “- to TV animation converts promise to this blue skyâ€, even in “the country of the wheel, the arrow of the white feather standing the girl of the Muko mallow,†it is not strange, that you think, but it is, it does not do media mix development kana? If to animation it converts the camera work to five chapters, if it locks with older sister point of view, it can clear? The fact that the cast dies and crosses over modification nothing it is not, but that the [tsu] the [a] just it is absolutely to change, it probably is the [chi] [ya] useless. After and above the cast, it is the work which is not wanted changing BGM.

Well as for the next, becoming rough with the sleeping taking of shortage of goods & the Yuka child, [ru] “nutmeg†......So not to be, by all power “the pre- phosphorus†inside. So, if you say, but as for opening animation production of “primitive link†being Jellyfish according to expectation as for drawing supervision, “as for those where it is magical girl [ririkaru]†it was Yasuhiro Okuda, it is.

* [Thought] “SHUFFLE! MEMORIES†5th story

Near relation incest compilation of younger sister of [kiyon] and [kiyon]. Although in animation edition, with the first half most it got near to the 稟, at the latter half, even the important event with the original through princess of the unhappy God boundary which is done, the [rishiansasu] first volume. It seems that new opening it is possible and, is best until now. However the form of the lady 3 of God kings was visible, has held the shear is the cineraria? “Tick! Tack!â€With the face is different rather. The eternal 17 years old different from the mother swage of [nerine], as for the cineraria growing older fit, in the interpretation, [ru] OK? “Tick! Tack!â€When still front of the getting married is younger, story it puts out. Main part, 稟 with as for the shear, deepening relationship to there, it can cry the fact that it is complete reset treatment. In comic edition, shear route + other heroine everyone abandoning, increase it is you call the end, however it faces ideal end.

* [Thought] “is to obtain the [ku] the [yu] - with the Pia Co., Ltd. [ma] [bi] straight!â€5th story

The obtaining obtaining and, super is the production super space, unless the [ma] the [bi] is, the super normal phenomenon which does not occur? The [ma] the [bi], a little slow air does that it catches with the high school student, it is it becomes the cold which wipes, at that time, the story where knead the plan of school festival with just optical fragrance and the bud 2 people. Until now either the conversation which conversation seems there was no first half, bud compromises with optical fragrance, at the latter half, the clean constitution where the directly, is connected to the plan of school festival. It will not be the mail of the k tie, being able to meet and whether or not as for choosing the handwritten letter, heart being confined, the [ru] therefore the difference clear it probably will be and, directly inserting in the mailbox, you felt that it is something which expresses compromising. Because optical fragrance is the expectation where bud thing is not thought to [tomodachi], furthermore you can call that the theme, “[nakama] from [tomodachi]†is set forth, the thing which step-up is done kana? High because by all power hundred is agreeable bud one than the tangerine, is visible in the lily attribute having, wonder. As for the tangerine, being the child which reacts to only the partner of specification? By the way, the [ma] is the [tsu] [te] thing which does to the interview of the [bi] by perfection fortifications, the peach, is the cold not yet experience which wipes? Well, rarely 2 times the person who is required it is, it seems, but.

* [Thought] “worldwide masterpiece theater [re] miserable girl [kozetsuto]†5th story

Madeleine mayor, that becomes aware in [jiyavueru] whether it is not John [vuarujiyan], as for [huanteinu], behavior is doubtful plainly, existence of [kozetsuto] becomes aware in the work companion, his person of [eponinu] sleeps and takes [kozetsuto], (弊 to be a part language). If as for [jiyavueru], time of the child after anyhow, becoming such an adult, if you looked at John [vuarujiyan] of prisoner age, the person who does not become aware is strange. Carelessness it passes the madeleine. After after, [eponinu], hiding your in the past candy, when it designates as consequence of [kozetsuto], however it has failed, this time, many constructions do, when it designates as consequence of [kozetsuto], again appearing in the reverse side, the [ru] it does.

We only needed this part of the post:

(Translated through BizLingo)

Seem new work of Macross blockbuster animated cartoon of [ Tarecomi ] "Victor Vocal&Voice Audition"?

I hear, the address of the bag of the audition participation receipt postcard that reaches from the DVD wholesale trader for general was "Macrosfraiyar". The story of the outline of the audition that had been published in 'Monthly debut' magazine seems to have been the state as it is Macross.

Curse IBP and it's horrible language inputs....

We only needed this part of the post:

YEah probably. The rest is just such unintelligble nonsense, it's tough to see what's relevant and whats not. After all, given how "out there" the end of Zero was, a sentence like

The obtaining obtaining and, super is the production super space, unless the [ma] the [bi] is, the super normal phenomenon which does not occur?

could very well describe a hypothetical new Macross series. :blink:

Edited by bsu legato

From Anime News Service:

2-5-07 (10:13AM EST)---- Victor Casting For New Macross?

Following up our report (see the January 22nd item) that Victor Entertainment was holding an open audtion to the public to cast a title heroine and themesong performer for a "masterpiece animation", the title of that work may have now come to light. The devil is in the details, and those participating in the audition seem to have spotted the Macross title in a number of areas, ranging from the addresses appearing on postcards to fliers and other items. Monthly Debut magazine also covers the event in its latest issue and information contained in their writeup also seem to lead in the Macross direction.

ANS

I think Kawamori's plate is already full with the new Aquarion OVA and KISSDUM keeping him busy.

Actyually he is busy working on his contribution to "Genius Party", which is currently in production:

It's actually an anthology series with the new Studio 4C including some heavy hitters in anime like Shinichiro Watanabe, Hideki Futamura, Shinosuke Harada Shoji Kawamori, etc....

SK's contribution is called "Space-Time Wars".

Whether it will be a Macross story or not, is unclear, but the few bits of available art suggests it won't be.

It appears to be along the lines of anthologies like Robot Carnival, Animatrix, etc... but more ambitious as each "episode" appears to be longer than 10 or 15 minutes. Each episode is described as a "movie" so I am not sure whether that means each gets 2 hours or less...

Sounds fairly exciting!

The list of contributors are:

“10 leading Japanese Animation creators of today come together to offer a stunning visual feast of cutting edge imagery and artistry. 10 geniuses, 10 completely new works. In production NOW!â€

Dimension Bomb

Dir: Koji Morimoto

Twilight World

Dir: Shinichiro Watanabe

Nayorani

Dir: Mahiro Maeda

Space-Time Wars

Dir: Shoji Kawamori

Dream Machine

Dir: Masaaki Yuasa

Genius Party

Dir: Atsuko Fukushima

Moondrive

Dir: Kazuto Nakazawa

Touni

Dir: Tadashi Hiramatsu

Limitcycle

Dir: Hideki Futamura

“Wanwa†the Puppy

Dir: Shinosuke Harada

*Information contained herein, including titles and content are subject to change.

I demand a SDF-1 chuck full of teens (and by that I mean not a single human older than 15). And we need panty jokes, bath house hijinks and angst... LOTS of angst :lol:

Joking aside; any new macross, remake or side story, is welcomed. The original is pretty solid to stand any kind of watering down for a remake for the new generations.

Hope they do more than just purty things and devote some time to actually doing a good story. M+ and Zero look beautiful but the stories are forgetable at best.

From Anime News Service:

2-5-07 (10:13AM EST)---- Victor Casting For New Macross?

Following up our report (see the January 22nd item) that Victor Entertainment was holding an open audtion to the public to cast a title heroine and themesong performer for a "masterpiece animation", the title of that work may have now come to light. The devil is in the details, and those participating in the audition seem to have spotted the Macross title in a number of areas, ranging from the addresses appearing on postcards to fliers and other items. Monthly Debut magazine also covers the event in its latest issue and information contained in their writeup also seem to lead in the Macross direction.

ANS

Here's the Jan. 22nd, 2007 report:

Animate reports Victor Entertainment (Gundam SEED, Macross) is holding an open audtion to the public to find a single, unmarried woman aged between being in the first year of junior high school and 25 to appear as the title heroine and themsong performer for a "masterpiece animation" that the company is producing now. Those fitting the description can apply between January 15th and March 31st by filling out a form and sending it in with a demo recording of two songs and two personal photographs. Those with both singing and acting skills are especially sought. www.jvcmusic.co.jp/audition/v3/

LOL, why does the actress need to be single? What the heck are they going to make her do to get this job??

This is probably to work around any commitments. If the girl has a family, then it makes it hard to work around. If she is a mother, then it becomes a juggling act between family and the job.

This is probably to work around any commitments. If the girl has a family, then it makes it hard to work around. If she is a mother, then it becomes a juggling act between family and the job.

Now I believe you're likely correct but...

single, unmarried woman aged between being in the first year of junior high school and 25 to appear as the title heroine and themsong performer for a "masterpiece animation" that the company is producing now

How unencumbered do you expect a girl in her first year of junior high school to be? Also, do you think the ads for the men state they must be single and unmarried to be in the film? LOL, I'm not trying to argue anything here, I just think there's some humor in the ad.

Way too little to go on for me to get all excited.

Defeatist! To counterbalance your negativity, I hereby proclaim this to be teh bestest Macross evar!! :p

If it does turn out to be a Macross production, the term "masterpiece animation" has some definite promise.

Graham knows toys, for this I say ask Egan Loo

Oh, I know a thing or two about more than toys. Certain contacts talk regulaly with a certain other company and news filters down through the grapevine.

This is neither a confirmation or a denial, but I can't say anything at the moment, and I doubt Egan will be allowed to either.

Graham