CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

IPB Image

Image stolen from somewhere. I refuse to believe that picture shows how the Legioss will connect to the Beta. IT's LAUGHABLY bad if that's how they're going to do it. Like, so bad they should just sell them both and not even bother a connection. If this is the best CMs can come up with it explains why Toynami hasn't been able to solve the problem either... but at least their mock-up did a faithful representation. No, I still think the pic in the ad is just telling us that they will connect and isn't showing us how. Well, that's my hope at least.

IPB Image

That's another stolen image, it's as close as I could find to approximating the CMs shot from the anime.

Edit 2, lest we forget, here's Toynami's effort (LOL, the arched back is actually used to help it look right)

IPB Image

Edited by jenius

Getting back on topic, I'm liking the fighter mode of the CM's Legioss less and less each time I look at it.

The nose is far too long and skinny (Mosquito nose syndrome :D), the angle at the rear of the cockpit is far too abrupt and I have a nasty feeling that the photo showing the Legioss and Tread connected is how the toy will actually look.

I love the battroid mode though and will buy at least one set.

Graham

I think it's about right. i like my fighters sleek. The Legioss was so pregnant to start off with anyway.

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but it looks like the CM Tread fighter has a totally separate piece that comes off. The landing gear and connecting boom are both attached to this separate piece. I think if they are going to use a separate piece, they might as well make the connecting boom attach in the correct place (not so far down). They also have the front landing gear in the wrong place. My hope is this prototype is far from finished and the separate piece will be replaced with something more accurate.

Like I've been saying, I am gonna keep the two seperate anyway, so even if they screwed the pooch with the mating it won't matter to me.

I always thought both the Legioss and Tread looked better individually than they did together. There is that one image of a battloid Legioss armed to the teeth attached to a Tread which is an exception of course.

There is that one image of a battloid Legioss armed to the teeth attached to a Tread which is an exception of course.

That's like the sweetest drawing of anything ever. The Tread in that picture is also in a guardian type mode of sorts with its legs sticking down (IIRC). Friggin' sweetness. There's also some sweet art out there of super-armed Treads.

That's like the sweetest drawing of anything ever. The Tread in that picture is also in a guardian type mode of sorts with its legs sticking down (IIRC). Friggin' sweetness. There's also some sweet art out there of super-armed Treads.

I've got this images around somewhere. After reading that I now have to go hunt them down. If someone finds them before me please post them here.

Thanks,

Carl

After looking at all the pics in Jenius' post and taking a look at the Tread pics from Wonder Festival, I'm more convinced that CM's gotta rework that connecting piece.

The connecting boom just sits too low on the Tread.

Which is why I'm harping that they should make the boom thicker (vertically-speaking). If they make the boom thicker from top to bottom (sorta like how the Toynami one looks), it'll force the Legioss to sit higher up relative to the Tread. It'll make the combo look more like what we're used to. And the thicker boom may provide more support for the Legioss than the boom we've already seen in the prototype.

Plus, as danth pointed out, the boom's part of a separate piece. So hopefully, this change doesn't have to be a massive redesign, and all CM's has to do is redesign this separate boom/landing gear piece.

Oh well, I do hope this issue will be resolved by the time we see the colored prototypes/pre-production versions.

........Plus, CM's adding some of those extra Tread accessories/armaments would be quite sexy! B))

those pics are bad ass, im sure thier will be hopes and dreams crushed with this release. Im looking forwad to anytype of tread other then the overpriced not so hot looking one that never quite made it

I should have kept up with this thread better. Eugimon's picture was my screensaver for ever. Good way to begin your day at work! I also agree with Graham on the Legios nose - seriously TOOOoooo long. I'm also hoping they retool the design. Like every question in this thread, time will tell! - MT

Has there been any mention at all of the toys being designed for mating in bot mode?

It's actually impossible with the Legioss fully transformed. The nose would be in the way. I looked at some line art and it seems to suggest that the nosecone sticks straight backwards when the Armo Soldier links with the Tread.

not me. I don't think that long nose really works on the alpha and I'm not digging the fit of the parts. I understand that it's probably a resin prototype, but the way they have the wings hinged to the body looks really wonky.

Not sure if this is new.. I like the looks of this toy in fighter mode, personally.

[attachmentid=42283]

Hey Shaggy, Can you post a better scan of that page? Appreciate it :)

Edit: A few gripes I just noticed:

a).-The intake fans are now showing, I'm not sure I like that, I think I prefer the intakes covered.

b).-The knee cap seats too far from the main body, it reaches the half of the wing.

c).-The shoulders are too short. I realize that the scan is warped, but I've noticed that from previous pics also.

d).-The hinge of the wings is just like the Toynami Alpha. I wish they could conceal it a bit more.

e).-This guy really needs a neck.

f).-The nosecone is ridiculously long. The Alpha has a short nosecone, so I don't understand why they've chosen a lenght that will get in the way every time you try to pose it in soldier mode.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

They've taken enough liberties with the rest of the Legioss that I really don't mind the long nose. The intakes look worse in fighter mode than they do in battloid though. If they fix that I think it'll be a pretty good new take on the Legioss.

I don't mind alot of the variances at all... but I can understand that the longer nosecone will be in the way in Battroid mode (just like it does on the MPC) and I also think if they are tweaking things, they should add some kind of neck.

I don't know if it's just a distortion from the scan. But the proportions on the Legioss (in fighter mode) look way too off.

Even with the stylized look they're going for, it feels like the front part has been stretched out too far and the backside of the fighter has been compressed and squeezed together, both from front-to-back and from side-to-side.

Considering all the potential issues we've been seeing with Legioss and Tread, I'm starting to wonder if CM's used CAD when they designed these two birds.

Even if they made one that closer resembled two bricks humping I would buy 1 just to have a Legioss/TREAD that transform and conecte. Let's get one out for sale then if it's not to par let Toynami try to make it better or someone else.

Edited by robodragon

I have to agree with you on that one. As much as I want to love this I'm just praying it's prototype problems. With arms that just kind of seem to collapse in the back of the jet, legs that look like they are awkwardly folded up under the wings, a frankly disfigured looking chest in soldier mode compounded by wonky shoulders that look even worse in fighter mode it's hard for me to not cringe at this design. What is particularly sad is that it DOES have some fantastic details and the sleeker rounded look that it has applied to a lot of the forms I think WOULD look very nice if the transformation actually fit together in a way that made sense. Well, except for the chest. Heh, I like much more nicely shaped breasts on my Alphas.

It's a shame- when I first got my Toycrappy Alpha I thought - wow, this is beautiful, if all the joints were on solid, smoothly moving ratchets instead of just awkwardly attached in ways that never quite move into the positions they are supposed to (and the use of die-cast actually made sense) I would love it.

Now we have an edition that looks like it's pretty solid in spots (those kneecap covers look THICK) and may have a superior joint system. But it seems to fall apart just as badly when transformed. Is it that hard to design things to lock into the position they need to be in fighter mode?

Is it utterly impossible to build an Alpha that looks modern but has a joint and support system more like the old Gakken's? I can understand if they want to make something very different than toynami's offering - but having inverted problems doesn't seem like a step up to me.

I keep praying it's just a bad prototype. Let CM pull this off, PLEASE!

Edited by NeoverseOmega

Even if they made one that closer resembled two bricks humping I would buy 1 just to have a Legioss/TREAD that transform and conecte. Let's get one out for sale then if it's not to par let Toynami try to make it better or someone else.

If the aoshima turns out good enough quality and people end up buying it, I wonder if that means more chance of getting a beta/tread in future?

Is it utterly impossible to build an Alpha that looks modern but has a joint and support system more like the old Gakken's?

It would be a relatively simple task if only the manufacturers would use a larger scale. 1/32 is admittedly rather large for the Tread (but seriously, how friggin' cool would it be??) but 1/32 is the PERFECT scale for the Legioss. The Legioss is a tiny bird, a bigger toy is needed to deal with all its tiny complications. Also, if they made the Tread in 1/32 they could make some really BEEFY connecting mechanism that could be concealed within the large toy.

^^Then again, what kind of price tag are they gonna stick on a combo that big?

If they don't sell it as a package then I imagine each individually would be in the $99 ballpark. I don't think many people in these parts would mind that so much. Worst-case scenario would price them comparatively to Yamato's 1/48s as they'd be similar in size and complexity.

Edited by jenius

I think most of us would spring for something like that. Even if the tread were more expensive because of it's size, if they bundled all the extras we saw in some of the above pictures I think they'd still get snapped up like hotcakes. Lets face it, that beast is something a good number of us have been wanting for years.

1/32 would be a great scale - but we are probably dreaming. But then, there was a time when 1/48 wasn't even really a consideration for a Valkyrie . . .

Here's to moments of toy-making insanity (lifts wineglass) - may there be more to come!

In any case, it sounds like Mog's "fast-talking, spear-wielding, 'Kupo!'-spouting, occasional martini-drinking, dragoon class avatar will make his triumphant return".

I think we can all drink to that.