CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

My thoughts exactly. Think of it this way: nobody really mentions the oversized hands of the yamato GBP armor, because in the anime, it has those beefy hands for aesthetic reasons (more manly looking this way) and due to being easy to draw. In toy form, with all that chunky armor and with all the skinny look of the chicken hands (which have to be perfect transformable to fit into the girl arms) people are happy to have a beefed up version of them to match the overall look of the robot. Without taking a bit of artistic license it might not even be practical for the toy to be able to handle the gunpod. People tend to accept the change if it looks nicer in that instance.

This thing might look better in fighter mode at the expense of something in robot mode. But for me, the most important thing is those joints and how the bot mode can pose, because I tend to leave my transforming mecha in their bot modes in some kind of pose. I can see myself leaving these displayed both in robot form standing next to each other most of the time than docked in fighter.

I have to agree. You have to sacrifice a little in each mode to get one that's great in both. If they put on good joints, which it appears they have as I don't see the sculpt buckling anywhere even though it appears to be a resin or similar substance that it's made out of. Also, going back and looking at the pics that Graham posted, it's not really all that rounded b/c I can see lots of edges. I think people are just upset that it's not a brick. If the toy is good, I can deal with a "little" interpretation in terms of artistic license. Has there been any news as on this since the original showing?

I cna accept artistic liscense as well... if there is room for improvement in a design, I'd rather they made it then worry about perfect line-art accuracy. Then again, there's a difference between minor tweaks and artistic liscense, but I like both.

Hmmm, makes me wonder if HG will try to block the import of the CM versions like they did with all the Macross Yamatos?

Not that they have any legal leg to stand on, the toys being imports and all... :p

They don't like their cheap versions getting competition...

Hmmm, makes me wonder if HG will try to block the import of the CM versions like they did with all the Macross Yamatos?

Not that they have any legal leg to stand on, the toys being imports and all...

They don't like their cheap versions getting competition...

Assuming this is a Tatsunoko licensed product (and I would think it'd have to be) then HG may end up totally supporting the product and even go so far as releasing a Robotech branded version for US distribution. Stranger things have happened. If that's the case, I would definitely expect Toynami's Beta to be dead as a door nail.

Collectors buy the toynami MPC for the box though not the thing inside. You are not supposed to open them or they will crack. This was done deliberately to prove whether or not the toy is mint in box. :p Very handy feature of the MPC. Sort of like the low viz "weathering mud" coming off on your hands if you touch it. Once you get your fingerprints on it, that proves you touched it.

There will be two people. One will be overjoyed and look at their toy in the box and try not to drool on it. The second will modify it. I can already envision the mods section with improvements, paint schemes and oh yeah, adding missiles! C'mon, you know it's gonna happen :D - MT

Graham,

I know people have said it's about the same size as the Toynami version, but is it really close to the 1/55 scale, or more 1/60? I guess you'd really be able to tell in the Legioss, but very curious.

As for any issue with HG, I think that they would need to work out details of selling them on their site. I'm sure they'd like to, especially since it seems like Toynami isn't really doing anything except releasing the same bad QC ridden alphas on us in the form of the new paint schemes, with no announcement of their beta.

If Toynami does decide to release their Beta, word is that it will be upwards of $200. If both companies have the same sized product, here's a choice with a logical answer:

Do I pick the Legioss/Tread combo for $200 (at most) or do I get one Beta(Tread) for $200?

Give me the Legioss as well. CMs Co. has a product that looks promising. and supposedly coming in about 4 months. I think I would've bought my share by the time Toynami makes a decision to make theirs or not. :blink:

Assuming this is a Tatsunoko licensed product (and I would think it'd have to be) then HG may end up totally supporting the product and even go so far as releasing a Robotech branded version for US distribution. Stranger things have happened. If that's the case, I would definitely expect Toynami's Beta to be dead as a door nail.

It will depend if CM makes a deal with Takara, the parent company that owns all of Tatsunoko properties.

As for Toynami's Tread it's may well be dead or this is the reason for the delay. With CM's version already to go and of naturally better quality HG would be stupid (*place your own snide comments here*) not to take advantage of it and simply repackage for US sale. Reselling is far cheaper than producing it yourself. :p

They can commit to buying a certain volume and make money on the markup (so long as they order enough to merit a decent discount).

Edited by Zinjo

I don't think I will mod mine. Just hope they release the shadow alpha with the claw.

I wonder if they ever make a mospeada anime sequel with new ride armor and new alphas and stuff? (maybe to compete with the macross series since it clones the idea from so long ago?)

Somebody interrogate graham with the Basara "Listen to my song ...or else" singing doll torture technique for any info he is withholding. Tie him to a chair and don't let him leave. The fans must know.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

especially since it seems like Toynami isn't really doing anything except releasing the same bad QC ridden alphas on us in the form of the new paint schemes, with no announcement of their beta.

Yeah, it's not like they released a bunch of 1/100 Valkyries are pretty cool, and it's not like they are releasing a Cyclone. Toynami doesn't make toys at all, in fact! :p

I was packing away my Superposeable Alphas last night and it occurred to me that they actually resemble the CM's Legioss pretty closely. Honestly, that's not too bad of a thing. I still have high hopes (and fears) :)

I am just going to chime in again, amid the excitement over this new Tread and express my displeasure at some of the liberties.

Please, CM people...give us a Tread that looks a bit closer to the line art, if you please.

Make the legs a bit more angular with larger nozzles, and make the cockpit larger and not so droopy. I don't care if you need to remove the cockpit for transformation and/or Legioss connectivity...I just want my first Treat to look like the Tread I've loved for so many years.

About the Legioss...go crazy. The chest intakes look not-so-good, but as I have a fairly accurate "Alpha," I don't mind the changes at all.

Yeah, it's not like they released a bunch of 1/100 Valkyries are pretty cool, and it's not like they are releasing a Cyclone. Toynami doesn't make toys at all, in fact!

The 1/100 Valkyries are a problem in and of itself. Remember the breaking display stand? Also, These have been out about a year now, and the excitement over this product is pretty much dead. I'm sure there will be a comeback to it when and if they do the armor pieces.

As for the Cyclone, that's something new, but it doesn't sit well for a company to release more variations of a toy that has so many problems with it, and leave already apprehensive customers with the same product that got them that way to begin with.

I'd like to see HG sell the Legioss/Tread combo together. I do hope they make 4 colors as well. :D

The stand didn't break, the little ball joint did, which they also replaced without me having to mail them something (hi Yamato), and the second wave of 1/100's was not a year ago.

As has just been posted, they are going to release the FAST packs later this year.

I do not understand how your comment about the Cyclone and and releasing more variations of problematic toys are at all related, since the Cyclone is new.

The stand didn't break, the little ball joint did, which they also replaced without me having to mail them something (hi Yamato), and the second wave of 1/100's was not a year ago.

As has just been posted, they are going to release the FAST packs later this year.

I do not understand how your comment about the Cyclone and and releasing more variations of problematic toys are at all related, since the Cyclone is new.

You know, regarding the garland, now, if you just email them complaining about the shoulders they will mail you a set of the improved shoulder joints.

I DID email them and they have not responded. I want those new improved shoulders! I emailed info@yamatotoysusa.com on March 22nd with zero reply so far, and then tried garner@yamatotoysusa.com yesterday and haven't gotten any reply there yet either.

I think there was a merging of an Alpha discussion and a Cyclone discussion there. I interpreted to be that JasonC was apprehensive about the Cyclone since Toynami's attitude with the Alpha seems to be one of "if it ain't broke, why fix it" as evidenced by their Shadow Chronicles repaints that don't seem to reflect any improvements over the previous Alpha incarnations.

You know, regarding the garland, now, if you just email them complaining about the shoulders they will mail you a set of the improved shoulder joints.

Yamato has a history of being unavailable to people needing help with broken parts whereas Toynami has a history of easily replacing problematic items (unfortunately, Toynami has a far more prevalent history of releasing toys that will need returning). This is usually pretty clear by the "HOLY CRAP, Yamato actually fixed my toy!" comments in Yamato threads and the "I had to send another MPC back to Toynami" comments in the Toynami threads.

I DID email them and they have not responded. I want those new improved shoulders! I emailed info@yamatotoysusa.com on March 22nd with zero reply so far, and then tried garner@yamatotoysusa.com yesterday and haven't gotten any reply there yet either.

I just got answer from Garner two days after I sent him an e-mail, so I wouldn't worry. I even told him that my Garland shoulders only have small stressmarks and that I'm based in Mexico City and he was like: Ok, send me your street address and I'll send the improved shoulders set, no problem.

This is not to take sides in the Yamato/Toynami holy war, just to let you know that there's still hope for your Garland :)

I just got answer from Garner two days after I sent him an e-mail, so I wouldn't worry. I even told him that my Garland shoulders only have small stressmarks and that I'm based in Mexico City and he was like: Ok, send me your street address and I'll send the improved shoulders set, no problem.

This is not to take sides in the Yamato/Toynami holy war, just to let you know that there's still hope for your Garland :)

Mr. Garner got to me 3 days after I e-mailed him. Yamato may not be fast, but every time I have issued a complaint they have usually gotten back to me in a weeks time.

Jenius, I have had just as many problems with Yamato toys as with Toynami, and in fact more serious problems with Yamato than with Toynami, and Toynami is really quick to issue replacements. So I mean, the only company I'm truly happy with is Bandai, since I never NEED replacements on any of their stuff to begin with.

• 2 weeks later...

I never brought the two together until you mentioned the cyclone here:

Yeah, it's not like they released a bunch of 1/100 Valkyries are pretty cool, and it's not like they are releasing a Cyclone. Toynami doesn't make toys at all, in fact!

And Jenius understood what I was talking about.

In reference to the issue of putting the CMs Corp. Legioss and Tread is what I meant by Toynami not really doing too much. And, in regards to the second wave of Toynami 1/100s, i.e. the fastpacks, they were shown at AX 2006, which is approaching a year ago, 9 months to be exact. Without going into simantics and precise dating, the point is, is that although Toynami was busy last year producing Macross stuff (which is fine and good) The Beta, under the Robotech name, and the alphas, simply missing.

HG, as it has dealings with Yamato, which also could mean it's sister co. CMs, probably may share interest in the Legioss/Tread kit, as there have been no product under the Robotech name for sometime. If not, this is probably going to spur Toynami to produce more toys so that HG need not look outside for more product to sell under the Robotech name. Just a guess.

• 2 weeks later...

looks most excellent, wonders does CM sell the alpha fighter alone, as i wish to display one in battroid mode and the other in valkyrie mode with the tread. The mini cyclone armours and sword are a nice touch, wonder if they are prepainted as well? :)

I was under the same impression as JsArclight. Man, I'm really stoked with the CMs extras but I'm still really apprehensive about the toys themselves. The Legioss just looks odd in every mode. In soldier the chest area is all wrong and God forbid it should ever want to turn its head in either direction. In diver mode it is standing way too erect. Fighter mode is kind of a neat compromise between how the Legioss looks in some episodes and how it looks in the lineart. There also definitely does appear to be some transformation issues still in effect so I'm still waiting to see more. The mini ride armor is SICK and the other ride armor shown there, regardless of who makes it, looks pretty decent.

I was under the same impression as JsArclight. Man, I'm really stoked with the CMs extras but I'm still really apprehensive about the toys themselves. The Legioss just looks odd in every mode. In soldier the chest area is all wrong and God forbid it should ever want to turn its head in either direction. In diver mode it is standing way too erect. Fighter mode is kind of a neat compromise between how the Legioss looks in some episodes and how it looks in the lineart. There also definitely does appear to be some transformation issues still in effect so I'm still waiting to see more. The mini ride armor is SICK and the other ride armor shown there, regardless of who makes it, looks pretty decent.

Yep, both the tiny and the big ride armour look great. The big one definitely isn’t the Toynami cyclone (the one in the magazine looks a lot less clunky)

http://toyfair07.asmzine.com/gallery/Toyna...s/DSC01741.html

[attachmentid=40311]

so it must be the Beagle (I had forgotten they were making one).

Edited by Twoducks

Man, I'm really stoked with the CMs extras but I'm still really apprehensive about the toys themselves. The Legioss just looks odd in every mode. In soldier the chest area is all wrong and God forbid it should ever want to turn its head in either direction. In diver mode it is standing way too erect. Fighter mode is kind of a neat compromise between how the Legioss looks in some episodes and how it looks in the lineart. There also definitely does appear to be some transformation issues still in effect so I'm still waiting to see more. The mini ride armor is SICK and the other ride armor shown there, regardless of who makes it, looks pretty decent.

Those are pretty much my thoughts exactly. Don't you think the Legioss sits too low when linked with the Tread?

I'm most excited by the (Beagle?) ride armors.