CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

Fantastic pictures Graham, many thanks.

From those we can see pretty much exactly how it will transform and that it is pretty damn articulated to boot.

The number of joints on the Treads arms in particular is quite impressive.

You can even see that the Treads cockpit opens up as well as folding inside the torso, on that note it looks liek the head is designed to be pushed up when you swing the cockpit in.

Very nice, I almost hope that not too much of it will be metal otherwise it will cost an absolute bomb not to mention that if the Treads legs are metal then it will be seriously weighty!

The only trick CM's seem to have missed is the big missile bays in the Treads breasts.

Thanks for all the pics, Graham!

After looking again at the lineart pics posted earlier, I kinda wish the cockpit on the Tread was just a little bit wider. (Though, they probably made it that way for design compromises in all three modes.)

We'll see how things progress with this as they get closer to the final production design. But I'm still excited and looking forward to this finally being released!

P.S.--Nice work on coloring the prototype, Totoro 242. B)) The coloring almost makes the issues with the chest intakes less noticeable.

Are we sounding desperate yet or what!? Yeah, color the TREAD too pleeeease :D . Yeah, the chest area DOES need missiles, lot's of missiles (have I said that before?)! - MT

Wow, first time I've heard of this.

It looks really cool, too bad its so small, but I'll still buy it. I have the Toynami and I was very disappointed at the size especially next to the Gakkens.

I already have the CM Ingram on the way in the mail. I'm anxious to check out the quality of there stuff, the price is not cheap.

P.S.--Nice work on coloring the prototype, Totoro 242. B)) The coloring almost makes the issues with the chest intakes less noticeable.

I think they make them more noticable. :(

I can't believe I'm totally missing out on all these LEGIOSS/TREAD news. Thanks for all the info, guys. Btw, I really do hope that the final tag price on this particular combo won't be as high as some folks speculate, coz I don't wanna have to sell anymore 1/48's just to be able to get a CM's LEGIOSS/TREAD set :( .

I really want to see the pair transformed and joined together in various modes

Hell yes.

Thanks for all the pics graham. Drooling at the thought of getting these. Mospeada mecha are a classic fave design of mine. About the comments on too much diecast: as long as the joints are strong enough and this thing can pose without the dreaded loppy limb syndrome, I'm going to be happy. Ratcheted joints sounds good. Shows they care about more than just fighter mode.

I actually think toynami should clone the CM and make plastic non MPC versions to be honest. :D

coz I don't wanna have to sell anymore 1/48's just to be able to get a CM's LEGIOSS/TREAD set

matbe sell an organ. Once these come out I wonder if the gakken will go down in price?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The New LEGIOSS & TREAD TOY from CM looks great and I can't wait to get one or two. But what worries me is that first we have all seen the prototype from Toynami and nothing yet from them to release. Now we see the prototype from CM, which I love. They stated to come out this summer, but I have not seen or herd anything further.

The new SV-51 is scheduled for this summer and we now have preorders available, Toynami's cyclone is preorder and scheduled for Q4 this year. And yet no preorder anywhere for the Legioss & Tread. I would think that we would see something new. Is it just me or?

As far as CM goes, they have made very good products in the past on average. I've seen numerous people that have been happy with the GGG toys, especially since you can actually transform them without worrying about breaking them.

Okay, I'd like to make a little list of my observations about the Alpha/Beta Legioss/Tread pairing

Beta/Tread:

Hands appear to be able to fold away.

I dot think there is a piece missing to hide the upper arm, or at the very least give a lower portion to the arm in fighter mode as there is a large round henge that doesn't appear to have anything connected to it and might allow the arm a full range of motion by being able to pivot.

If you look at this picture in Graham's update mini-cms-18.JPG, you can see that the undercarage connector piece appears to have a small tab that isn't connected to anything and sits much lower than the leg. This small tab either helps hold it in fighter mode and the toy is mistransformed, or it might be to help support the alpha in robot mode.

The legs do have a little bit of blockiness to them. Look at the same picture mentioned above and you can see some of the blockiness at the top of the leg towards the knee.

The head is small, but it needs to be in order to properly swing down inside the body for robot mode. The head would be a small piece of anime magic in my opinion as it is huge in the cartoon in some shots.

The connector for the alpha beta appears to be removeable. The connector tab mentioned previously along with the fact that it is a "cradle" underneath the beta and doesn't come out of the hip joint makes me think it is definitely removeable. This is GREAT if it improves the overall sturdiness of the toys when linked. It does appear to fold up too for storage.

The missile pods on top DO fold down further as you can see the henge in some shots and it doesn't look to be flattened out.

Alpha/Legioss:

The chest appears to be able to sit lower on the body, so I think it's mistransformed.

Likewise, the arms appear to be mistransformed, which suggests that the arm transformation may be complex and the person paid to set it up had no clue how to do it and didn't want to break it. Example: The left wing sticks further out, but the outer part of the arm that swings open sits closer to the rest of the arm than the same piece on the right arm. However, the right arms wing sits in the body better. Something tells me the final version will sit flush with the arm and the wing will only stick out slightly, much like how the wing on the right arm looks.

And a few last things to note:

CM makes stuff you can PLAY with and not worry about breaking as long as you're careful, much better than what Toynami has thrown at us.

These can still be altered to some extent as they are only prototypes. Think about the MP Starscream from Transformers and how large of a change occured in a few months time.

Kind of on the same note, paint apps can make these look STUNNING, kinda like how people thought MP Megatron was kinda crappy until they saw it painted and wanted one badly. (I liked him from the start).

And finally, I LOVE THESE. The best compromise between the two for the price (which I'd say will run around 20000Yen, which means you can find them cheaper. One of CM's greatest strengths is moderate pricing for the quality of work you get. Even the Star GGG set and Goldion Hammer was only around $210 before shipping if you bought it from the right places and that was a lot of stuff. I'd say this will probably run about the same, especially if they aren't that big. Either way, I'm gonna get a set of the blue ones so long as CM doesn't floor me by making these uber expensive. (and please excuse any spelling errors, it's a long post)

Prices of MPCs are going to go waaay down after these come out with thier proper joints and non-floppy posability. Love the pics of the toynami mpcs but too scared to buy them. Planning on buying toynami series 2 1/100 vf-1j though..

*awaits pics of other modes*

The robotech community should be pissing themselves for paying so much for alphas once they see these. Too bad they've been censored from the outside world. :D I bet these get toy of the year just because mospeada is such a neglected show and the nostalgia of seeing a new toy for this series. It just seems like something that should have been done ages ago.

This is kind of a strange question, but is there actually such an animal as a red Jupiter Base Tread? I mean, you never see one in the course of the show and if my memory serves the red Jupiter Base Legioss is passed off as some sort of specialized "atmosphere fighter" (unless I'm remembering the Robotech version of the unit). Why would an atmosphere fighter need a trans atmospheric booster?

It just seems like something that should have been done ages ago.

I agree 100%. I've waited better then 2 decades for a nice Tread/Beta toy I could play with. Yes, I have this one:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mospeada/tread_toy.htm

But believe me, considering what I paid for it I don't play with it.

They've already said (by way of the placard) that blue, red and green versions will be made of the set.

I'll buy all 3 and maybe even some duplicates so I can give my boys one for Christmas. I'll take a Shadow too if they make one of those.

Carl

The robotech community should be pissing themselves for paying so much for alphas once they see these

If these were bigger or equivalent in price I'd agree. Since they're going to be the same size and much more expensive I don't think we're going to see a huge Toynami backlash (well, more than we've already seen). Besides, as it sits right now the look of the CMs Legioss leaves a bit to be desired so it'll probably boil down to which interpretation people enjoy more (with the CMs getting the huge "BUT IT COMES WITH A TREAD!!! boost).

I really need to see more on how these two toys link together. The cradle is just not going to be very easy on the eyes if its necessary at all times.

A red "Beta" is seen in the aborted Sentinels effort. There is no precedent for one in Mospeada though aside from the fact that all Legioss are space worthy and you never know when you're going to have to launch one into space.

My concern over a Jupiter Base Tread is that we have never seen one... is there even a creator sanctioned paint scheme for one? I've always taken that red Jupiter Base Legioss to either be some kind of special warfare unit or before reading all the info online I always assumed Fuke's Red Legioss was a "Jim Austin Special", built from a salvaged regular Legioss and painted Fuke red just because the girl seemed to like her red stuff. Heck, we never see another red Bartley ride armor before or after we see Fuke's and we never see another red Legioss either. The blues, greens and shadow units are all over the place... but we only see one red unit, and it's "mated" to another unique red unit.

Don't get me wrong I'd love to see a Jupiter Base Legioss / Tread combo... I'm just concerned about how "canonical" it is and whether or not CMs can actually find the correct paint scheme for one or if they are just going to pull one out of their ass.

If these were bigger or equivalent in price I'd agree. Since they're going to be the same size and much more expensive I don't think we're going to see a huge Toynami backlash (well, more than we've already seen). Besides, as it sits right now the look of the CMs Legioss leaves a bit to be desired so it'll probably boil down to which interpretation people enjoy more (with the CMs getting the huge "BUT IT COMES WITH A TREAD!!! boost).

I really need to see more on how these two toys link together. The cradle is just not going to be very easy on the eyes if its necessary at all times.

Considering that the CM's big Brave Genesic Gao Gai Gar is worth some 170 US$ in HLJ and that it comes with all this:

[attachmentid=41402]

And manages to create this complex looking transforming mecha out of a show full of anime magic;

http://ooebi.sakura.ne.jp/toys/braves/GGG/GGGG/BRAVE03c.htm

I would say the price won't fall on the "much more expensive" category. Specially considering that Toynami itself has said that their two year old Beta prototype would cost 150-200 US$.

Even considering that Mospeada isn't as popular as GGG, looking at CM's prices and complex products you see that they deliver much more bang for the buck compared to Toynami.

Just look: Masterpiece Alpha (currently at 60$ in RT.com) + cheap Beta (150$ instead of 200)= 210 US$ for the Toynami set. Don't think the CM set will climb much more than that.

post-2996-1174581421_thumb.jpg

Edited by Twoducks

$150 is definitely much more expensive than $60. Yes, you get a lot more for the extra $90 but it's still an extra $90 you would have to spend. Dragging Toynami's non-existant Beta into the conversation is a non-issue since no one out there is going to feel burned that they spent money on a Toynami Beta. The more accurate question is whether or not people will feel the CM's Alpha is worth $60 and then whether or not the Beta was worth the additional $90 (using your hypothetical pricing). It's also a lot tougher for people to part with $150 in one shot rather than $75 in two different shots. Basically, I just don't see a BIG backlash although a few of us (most of us board crawlers) will certainly be making some remarks :).

Edited by jenius

Even considering that Mospeada isn't as popular as GGG, looking at CM's prices and complex products you see that they deliver much more bang for the buck compared to Toynami.

Bah! A can of beans would provide more 'Bang' for buck compared to Toynami!

The only bang I got from my Rook Alpha was when I smacked my head for spending $80 on that turd pile!

If this CM is about 1/55 scale and quality is about Yamato 1/48 Vf-1 standard (not perfect but acceptable enough) I'll pay $60 for the Alpha and $90 for the Beta happily and I'll buy more than 1 set.

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

If this CM is about 1/55 scale and quality is about Yamato 1/48 Vf-1 standard (not perfect but acceptable enough) I'll pay $60 for the Alpha and $90 for the Beta happily and I'll buy more than 1 set.

Same here! Feel much better with a CM product.

I hope they are sold as separate, Legioss and Tread each one in a pack.

Sorry, they're being sold as sets. One Legioss and one Tread in either blue, green or red.

Single sales are very unlikely, CM's has a predilection towards big expensive sets.

Besides, as it sits right now the look of the CMs Legioss leaves a bit to be desired so it'll probably boil down to which interpretation people enjoy more (with the CMs getting the huge "BUT IT COMES WITH A TREAD!!! boost).

It could change its look though. Maybe Graham can pass on all the fan criticism to slowly bring it to satisfactory standard in all modes. Still not enough pics in different modes though..

I have a feeling that even if it isn't perfect people have been dying to see it done finally combining with the beta. It might jst be a case of the oversized chest of the GBP armor on 1/48 vf-1 or the oversized big shoulders of the 1/100s and people complain while putting up with it, but still gladly fork over money by accepting the flaws.

My thoughts exactly. Think of it this way: nobody really mentions the oversized hands of the yamato GBP armor, because in the anime, it has those beefy hands for aesthetic reasons (more manly looking this way) and due to being easy to draw. In toy form, with all that chunky armor and with all the skinny look of the chicken hands (which have to be perfect transformable to fit into the girl arms) people are happy to have a beefed up version of them to match the overall look of the robot. Without taking a bit of artistic license it might not even be practical for the toy to be able to handle the gunpod. People tend to accept the change if it looks nicer in that instance.

This thing might look better in fighter mode at the expense of something in robot mode. But for me, the most important thing is those joints and how the bot mode can pose, because I tend to leave my transforming mecha in their bot modes in some kind of pose. I can see myself leaving these displayed both in robot form standing next to each other most of the time than docked in fighter.