CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

I havent heard a word from overdrive, i really want to get this going for my legioss.tread combo but havent heard anything.. do they have a direct email address?

Oh yeah this after noon their email went down, not to worry they will get back to you, plus it already the end of the working day in Tokyo.

Don't be discouraged Hikaru's VF-1S, it doesn't look like it will be all that much higher and certainly not the $295 I was expecting.

Part 1 of my 2 part review is up. In truth it's three parts, I'll post one assimilated review when I have my red and green ones in and do cool poses with all three together. In the meantime you get two detailed reviews, one tonight and another one soon.

For those who need a carpet ride, CLICK HERE.

Can't wait to check this out tonight. THANKS Jenius!!!

:ph34r:

SaveRobotech,

THANKS for the posting. That's a pretty fair deal. I wish I had the extra dough for these.

great review jenius, looks like i'm sticking to my original plan and not buying this.

i know you gave it a somewhat decent review but for $300, i expect more than decent.

i'll see whats up with the toynami one if that ever comes out(and isn't a total POS), otherwise i'm hoping yamato or some other somewhat better than average company picks up the license.

Glad you guys are liking the review... remember though it's mostly just the Legioss I was reviewing in that post. The next post will focus on the Tlead and the combined toy. I expect it will score higher than the Legioss did (although not amazingly so). Overall I think 7.5 to 8 out of 10 seems about right for this set (although I know Exo will hate hearing that). I would expect something absolutely stellar in this price range though and you don't get that so if you're not a Mospeada freak then yeah, save your coin for Macross loot.

Edited by jenius

Glad you guys are liking the review... remember though it's mostly just the Legioss I was reviewing in that post. The next post will focus on the Tlead and the combined toy. I expect it will score higher than the Legioss did (although not amazingly so). Overall I think 7.5 to 8 out of 10 seems about right for this set (although I know Exo will hate hearing that). I would expect something absolutely stellar in this price range though and you don't get that so if you're not a Mospeada freak then yeah, save your coin for Macross loot.

i'll wait on the tread review but to me the legioss itself has no real value.

spending that kind of money just to get the tread isn't happening even though i'm down with mospeada.

i just can't justify the money for what you get and all the liberties they took upon themselves to get it made.

realistically, they did a half-assed job so i'm only willing to pay a half-assed price.

man, well after reading the review and hearing people's posts, now becoming kinda hesitate on getting one. I would like to get a CM blue or red legioss/tread combo but it is a pretty pricey item, and i could do a lot of stuff with the money (get new clothes, help with ps3).

hmm... i wonder if i should still sell my MPC Blue alpha thats on ebay still... =[ *decision decision*

btw, anyone know of the figurines are female or male armors? i notice they are the male ones on the site but wondering if they changed them or not. =[

Edited by Hikaru's VF-1S

man, well after reading the review and hearing people's posts, now becoming kinda hesitate on getting one. I would like to get a CM blue or red legioss/tread combo but it is a pretty pricey item, and i could do a lot of stuff with the money (get new clothes, help with ps3).

hmm... i wonder if i should still sell my MPC Blue alpha thats on ebay still... =[ *decision decision*

btw, anyone know of the figurines are female or male armors? i notice they are the male ones on the site but wondering if they changed them or not. =[

Hello everyone, I have been a long time visitor first time poster here at macrossworld and love both macross and mospeada. I have a pretty good collection of toys from both series, from companies like Yamato, Toynami, Megahouse, and CM. I can honestly say that the CM legioss/ tread with all the problems that have been discussed here is a better buy than anything Toynami may come out with. My CM has tight joints and is not as floppy as my toynami legioss is. The only complaint that I have like many others is the connection arm. Like others have stated the should have made two one for armo fighter and another for armo solider. The reason I believe that CM is a better buy at 280 is the quality and finish as compared to the 210(150???beta+70 or 60 alpha) for toynami with really poor quality and finish. Just my two cents. By the way I love sleek look of the CM legioss :p

Two versions of the arm would have been nice. I'm sure that early prototype pics showed two different arms.

Mine is actually falling apart. The screw at the front that connects the two halves is loosening and I can't tighten it back up. At this rate i'll be using Sam's custom arm design pretty soon. Thinking of doing that anyway though.

just received mine... like what others said, the finishing on the real thing don't feel as plasticy as the pictures show. tread is very nice to play around with, legioss on the other hand is not so good in fighter mode - the legs are filmsy doesnt stay locked in position and to a certain extent the arms too. the knee joints on legioss is weird and makes posing difficult, but leg joints for both legioss n tread are ratcheted. arms have tight joints and well-designed for posing. my legioss' right shoulder joint was a bit loose out of the box and tend to swing back but was easily rectified by tightening a screw. the sensor on the right shoulder keeps flipping becos there's nothing to lock it down. on the other hand, some of the pictures show fighter mode legioss with uneven top - that was probably mis-transformed bcoz there's a way to lock it so the top of the fighter is totally flushed nicely.

and everyone know by now that the combo linkup is pathetic. :)

overall, i really like this toy, even though IMO it might not worth that $300, but mospeada is one of my all-time fav anime so i'm really easily tempted.

@eyesonme78 : so where did u preorder the red? and what price?

BTW the red has 'Mars Base' printed on the side of the legioss??

Edited by Shun

just received mine... like what others said, the finishing on the real thing don't feel as plasticy as the pictures show. tread is very nice to play around with, legioss on the other hand is not so good in fighter mode - the legs are filmsy doesnt stay locked in position and to a certain extent the arms too. the knee joints on legioss is weird and makes posing difficult, but leg joints for both legioss n tread are ratcheted. arms have tight joints and well-designed for posing. my legioss' right shoulder joint was a bit loose out of the box and tend to swing back but was easily rectified by tightening a screw. the sensor on the right shoulder keeps flipping becos there's nothing to lock it down. on the other hand, some of the pictures show fighter mode legioss with uneven top - that was probably mis-transformed bcoz there's a way to lock it so the top of the fighter is totally flushed nicely.

and everyone know by now that the combo linkup is pathetic. :)

overall, i really like this toy, even though IMO it might not worth that $300, but mospeada is one of my all-time fav anime so i'm really easily tempted.

@eyesonme78 : so where did u preorder the red? and what price?

BTW the red has 'Mars Base' printed on the side of the legioss??

AT U-toys.. they have the email out and i was so tempted to get the red one... price should be about yen price i think same as blue one. 28000 yen?? it depends on conversion rates.. i think it's ex..

Ahh...hopefully someday soon PayPal will stop f-ing around and actually transfer my payment to HLJ so they can send my Legioss/Beta. The anticipation is brutal.

:EDIT:

LOL, litterally 5 minutes after I posted this I got a "payment recieved" email from HLJ. I guess the seven different people I dealt with at PayPal finally put their collective heads together and figured something out. :mellow:

Back on topic- For those of you who have a floppy or loose Legioss, does there seem to be any way the moving parts could be tightened? Friction is never a good substitute for pegs and locking pieces, but it's better than nothing.

Edited by eriku

I can only speak for myself, but my Legioss wasn't "loose" in the sense of having floppy joints. The bigger problem is that in fighter mode, it just doesn't 'snap into place' at all, so you're not quite sure if you're done or not... nothing is really holding all the parts in the correct fighter mode positions, so the fighter mode just feels like you posed all the limbs in a certain spot, rather than feeling like a finished mode of the toy. For me, I like my transforming toys to have that satisfying feeling of being "done" when you snap the last part in place and complete the transformation.

Still, though, the Legioss joints are tight in my case, and I believe the toy is sturdy in the sense that it doesn't seem prone to breakage (just based on initial impressions). It is very light, as many people have said.

I can only speak for myself, but my Legioss wasn't "loose" in the sense of having floppy joints. The bigger problem is that in fighter mode, it just doesn't 'snap into place' at all, so you're not quite sure if you're done or not... nothing is really holding all the parts in the correct fighter mode positions, so the fighter mode just feels like you posed all the limbs in a certain spot, rather than feeling like a finished mode of the toy. For me, I like my transforming toys to have that satisfying feeling of being "done" when you snap the last part in place and complete the transformation.

Still, though, the Legioss joints are tight in my case, and I believe the toy is sturdy in the sense that it doesn't seem prone to breakage (just based on initial impressions). It is very light, as many people have said.

OK, I think I know what people are talking about now. Yeah, the satisfying clicks and snaps of a finished transformation are always nice. However, as long as this thing holds together I don't think I'll miss them too much.

So far I haven't read anything in any of the reviews to dampen any of my excitement for this toy.

I think it's more than a satisfying click here though. I like it to have a settled place where it belongs. With the CMs legioss you can misalign it by simply handling it which makes it less fun. If you pick up any Vf-1 toy that's not made by Toynami and shake it it will still look like the VF-1 in fighter mode when you're done (although the reflex missiles will fall to the ground), the CMs legioss will have boosters pointing in the wrong directions and one wing up and the other one down.

If you pick up any Vf-1 toy that's not made by Toynami and shake it it will still look like the VF-1 in fighter mode when you're done (although the reflex missiles will fall to the ground), the CMs legioss will have boosters pointing in the wrong directions and one wing up and the other one down.

If you shake it more than twice...you're playing with yourself :D .

I think it's more than a satisfying click here though. I like it to have a settled place where it belongs. With the CMs legioss you can misalign it by simply handling it which makes it less fun. If you pick up any Vf-1 toy that's not made by Toynami and shake it it will still look like the VF-1 in fighter mode when you're done (although the reflex missiles will fall to the ground), the CMs legioss will have boosters pointing in the wrong directions and one wing up and the other one down.

Lucky for me I don't shake my toys. :)

I'm not making excuses for the CMs, especially since I don't have mine yet, but I know that the only movement this thing is going to get is when I'm transforming it and posing it. Other than that it's going to be sitting still on a shelf. Again, I LOVE transforming toys that lock up all nice and tight, I prefer it, but it's not something where the absence of that will really bother me. Broken parts, bad paint, missing pieces, lack of articulation, poor assembly...stuff like that is what really ruins a toy for me. So far, from everything I've read, the Legioss/Tread seems like it may end up being my favorite release this year.

So far, from everything I've read, the Legioss/Tread seems like it may end up being my favorite release this year.

That's a bold statement my friend. You may just change your mind.

It's not really a bold statement though, just a presumed opinion. For all the cool stuff coming out this year that I've seen, nothing quite gives me that giddy little kid feeling like this set does. And since none of the negative points of this toy sound like things that will bother me, I have no reason to assume I wont be pickled tink over this thing. :)

It's not really a bold statement though, just a presumed opinion. For all the cool stuff coming out this year that I've seen, nothing quite gives me that giddy little kid feeling like this set does. And since none of the negative points of this toy sound like things that will bother me, I have no reason to assume I wont be pickled tink over this thing. :)

True that. DAMN...I need to sell my body or something so I can aquire this set. Actually I think all I really want is the Legioss. DOES ANYONE WANT TO SELL ME THEIR CM LEGIOSS!?!

So what you love is that it LOOKS like a toy, even if it kinda doesn't do well as a toy in one mode because all you're going to do is put it on a shelf? I'm becoming convinced that you just love the CMs! stamp on the box and the good news is that this won't possibly let you down.

the CMs legioss will have boosters pointing in the wrong directions and one wing up and the other one down.

The only problem i have with the legioss's stability are the wings and the arms. The chest peices, legs and nose cone all lock in better than the toynami. My nose cone locks in place fine. I have no idea what other people are complaining about. You just have to slide the two hooks under the hing bar in fighter mode and voila. it locks in rather tightly. The only down side is that this seems to push the face into the chest, causing the red paint to scrape off. This shouldn't be an issue for the red or greeny though.

I agree, it's just the arms (those are the boosters I was talking about) and the wings that are easily moved on mine. I haven't had a problem with the nose.

Ahh. Gotcha. I agree with you then. A few small tabs on the arm, and on the wings to make things lock into place would have turned this into a great legioss toy, minus the aesthetic issues that exist. As it stands its a pretty good toy, alot better than the toynami in terms of durability. My biggest problem is the wings. The arms don't bother me so much, but you just have to touch a wing and it gets a tad floppy. If you spread the arms out, and trap the wings between the arms and the legs they straighten out well enough, but the fact it requires so much fiddling in this area of the toy is a major annoyance that could have been fixed pretty easily. Which might be the most annoying thing about the CMS legioss. A better or two connection bars, and a few more locking tabs, and this could have been the best legioss toy made.

This isn't a, I just spent 200+ on a toy thus I gotta love it reaction. I really do like this toy. Its alot of fun, and as a toy, something you can handle without fear of destroying it, its a huge sucess. I think what bother people is its not the display peice that they had hoped for, with the toy looking exceptionally tight in all modes.

Edited by GobotFool

So what you love is that it LOOKS like a toy, even if it kinda doesn't do well as a toy in one mode because all you're going to do is put it on a shelf? I'm becoming convinced that you just love the CMs! stamp on the box and the good news is that this won't possibly let you down.

Does my excitement for this thing really bother you that much? I haven't read anything that suggests it doesn't 'do well as a toy'. Apparently I'm supposed to be let down by the idea of parts moving when it's shaken. And please, jenius, I know you really want more drama here but don't misconstrue my words and say things like "Because all you're going to do is put it on a shelf." What is your agenda here, jenius? What's the point of saying something like that when the sentance that you're referring to is immediately preceeded by "I know that the only movement this thing is going to get is when I'm transforming it and posing it". Is transforming and posing something not playing with it? What else am I supposed to do with it? Oh yeah, I forgot, I'm supposed to shake it.

If the idea of someone being optimistic and excited for a toy is so outrageous and bothers you to the point of purposely misconstruing their words to fit your own agenda, you need to seriously reevaluate your life and the way you interact with people.

I love my CM's Legioss/Tread. The only thing I wish was better was the connecting piece. As long as I waited to have one that doesn't cost $2K, It's all good. It won't be my most played with toy but it will be the center piece of my Mospeada display.

Edited by robodragon