CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

see, looking at Sams that's very cool! But its not worth the money they ask for it.

In fact thats the realy factor ion the end. Were it $100 or so cheaper it might be worth looking at, but 300 plus (In aussie, with shipping) is just crazy!

I have a couple issues with the Legioss transformation. The linkage involved with the head and nose of the plane is cumbersome. The second issue is getting the legs both in exactly the same spots... which I think is made a lot worse by the fact that the legs don't look right even when they are in the right spot.

lol thanks guys, glad you like it. Took a while of fiddling but in the end its worth it just so I can fly it around LOL.

Keep up the great work mate. Your device is sure to be a hit.

:ph34r:

LOL, I was looking for advice from someone who actually had one. I see now that you have to swap out the magazine for the extra piece that comes with it. That's a let down, the Aoshima just slides the clip in but I guess this way it fits nice and snug.

Edited by jenius

What is the approx. cost for customs? Customs sounds like a bunch o crap to me. Sorry that they rip alot of people off.

I'll let you know once my wallet has been reamed out. At minimum I will be looking at 17.5% of the total value of the order in VAT, then any import duty on top of that and then the Parcelforce handling fee (which seems to be determined by some arcane formula that the Highpriests of the Parcel God keep hidden from us mere mortals).

Annoyed now - my Tread has reached Edinburgh but almost certainly won't be in my hands until later in the week - and I will whizz past the Parcelforce depot on the train every morning too. It is going to be torture, as I've got a Transformers artbook in the same parcel that I am looking forward to just as much.

Karl

Hmmm too buy the green one or not that is the question. Hmm I notice I've been buying a lot of CM's products lately: (Griffon, Sankan-oh, Gaogaigo, the tread, the GGGG) Man CM's is becoming one of my favorite companies for Japanese toys.

Thanks for the words Peeps, I hope this works out fine so other can copy!

Third installment is basically as minimal as I could make it so far, in order to pass on any 'how to make ' ideas.

legiosstread%2020.JPG

Top is first one i made from cistern and metal brackets, so far i feel its the coolest but least able to replicate

Second is the first lego attempt, its rough as and not very sleek looking

Third is the one i was attempting tonight, and with some extra brackets, support and detail should be teh 'production model' LOL. As it is ATM, its totally able to hold togther and fly around no probs. Its essentially styrene sheet cut to shape fixed onto some lego with zap a gap in it. (used cardboard cut outs to get just the right shape to support the legioss best.

Enjoy!

Edited by Sam

I'm at work now and trying to think up what my review for this toy will be like. I remember seeing a bunch of blue and white plastic pieces on a sprue... what were those for?

Are they the screw-hole plugs?

My Legioss and Tread are now in my tender care. I've only had time to open the box and fix the hands to the Legioss so far. (Darn that I have other things that have a call on my time. Didn't realise it came with some of the nice little extra's - the mini Stick's are quite neat, and I do love the fact that they included caps to cover the screwholes. Applying all of those should keep me out of mischief for an hour or so I guess. I've wanted a Tread for about fifteen years and now I finally have one. Rather pleased tonight, and looking forward to having a fiddle about with it.

Karl

My Legioss and Tread are now in my tender care. I've only had time to open the box and fix the hands to the Legioss so far. (Darn that I have other things that have a call on my time. Didn't realise it came with some of the nice little extra's - the mini Stick's are quite neat, and I do love the fact that they included caps to cover the screwholes. Applying all of those should keep me out of mischief for an hour or so I guess. I've wanted a Tread for about fifteen years and now I finally have one. Rather pleased tonight, and looking forward to having a fiddle about with it.

Karl

Cool cool....make sure you take LOTS AND LOTS of pics.

I was thinking all these awesome poses that y'all are takin of your TREADS should go in the "strike a pose mospeada version" topic. Lets see if we can get that topic as many posts as the Macross version.

heya, can someone take pictures of the legioss and tread in guardian mode? notice people havent really posted pics of it in this form. wondering if it looks good and such.

anyways, im hoping my ebay items will go higher in price, i might sell my Blue alpha to help the cost of this (PM with good price if anyone is interested lol) XP we'll see.

Considering that this set comes with screw plugs, it's interesting that CM's Ride Armor didn't come with any. Doesn't bother me, but it would have been nice for people who find the screws unsightly.

heya, can someone take pictures of the legioss and tread in guardian mode? notice people havent really posted pics of it in this form. wondering if it looks good and such.

I had a hard time having the stand cooperate in that mode.

Edited by jenius

Hmm, question:

It seems that although I am not willing to pay these prices for this toy, my GF read these forums a few months ago and saw that I liked it enough as a cheaper toy...so she bought me one for my B-day.

The problem is she pre-ordered from that Toyntoys link that was posted way back when, and after her paypal went through hasn't heard anything from them but "new product" ads.

And I don't have any toy.

Did anyone else pre-order from them? If so, have you received yours? Did you have to do something else after the pre-order before they would ship (my girlfriend isn't so good at reading fine-print).

I appreciate any info you all can lend me.

I will be righteous pissed my my girlfriend ponied up this kinda cash for a toy that isn't worth it, and then ended up not get the damned thing!

I had a hard time having the stand cooperate in that mode.

well seperated and displayed would be nice. i just wanna see what it would look like and if holds well.

be cool if they sold the red and green legioss's in a package (hopefully cheaper), then u can get this and have thoses to make the "freedom fighters" team. =P

gosh i wish i had the money for this.. lol

Hmm, question:

It seems that although I am not willing to pay these prices for this toy, my GF read these forums a few months ago and saw that I liked it enough as a cheaper toy...so she bought me one for my B-day.

The problem is she pre-ordered from that Toyntoys link that was posted way back when, and after her paypal went through hasn't heard anything from them but "new product" ads.

And I don't have any toy.

Did anyone else pre-order from them? If so, have you received yours? Did you have to do something else after the pre-order before they would ship (my girlfriend isn't so good at reading fine-print).

I appreciate any info you all can lend me.

I will be righteous pissed my my girlfriend ponied up this kinda cash for a toy that isn't worth it, and then ended up not get the damned thing!

hey bro, think you better call them up and ask, cause most of the shops i know locally have not received their shipment for CM Corp yet.

thus maybe it's delayed but then again, better call to ask.

if i am wrong do let me know.. shun, have you received ur shipment yet?

Yeah it's here, and I love it.

Here is my contribution:

Yes the date is off on my camera.

Daddy likes

:D

Damn that's smooth......can you please post those and more in the "strike a pose mospeada version" topic. I can't wait to find one of those for dirt cheap :p ....it will never happen.

Yes I can post them there too. As for strike pose I won't be playing with it until later so I'll take some pics then.

Right on....THANKS.

hey bro, think you better call them up and ask, cause most of the shops i know locally have not received their shipment for CM Corp yet.

thus maybe it's delayed but then again, better call to ask.

if i am wrong do let me know.. shun, have you received ur shipment yet?

Don't worry they should be arriving soon.

Thanks for the words Peeps, I hope this works out fine so other can copy!

Third installment is basically as minimal as I could make it so far, in order to pass on any 'how to make ' ideas.

legiosstread%2020.JPG

Top is first one i made from cistern and metal brackets, so far i feel its the coolest but least able to replicate

Second is the first lego attempt, its rough as and not very sleek looking

Third is the one i was attempting tonight, and with some extra brackets, support and detail should be teh 'production model' LOL. As it is ATM, its totally able to hold togther and fly around no probs. Its essentially styrene sheet cut to shape fixed onto some lego with zap a gap in it. (used cardboard cut outs to get just the right shape to support the legioss best.

Enjoy!

Sam any chance of you making some for sale when you get the final design. I would be interested in a better linking unit.

well im going to sell my robotech masterpiece blue alpha to help try to buy this XP anyone interested? lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/Robotech-Masterpiece-A...1QQcmdZViewItem

i have other auctions too if anyone is interested in some manga and other figures. =] Help a MWer out!

get lost. nobody cares about your auction. its all about the CM's and you know it.