CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

im trying to decide to get either the blue or the red. (doubt i can get the green, too much $ for me). i'm leaning towards the red since that one may become rarer then the blue one, and i dont see any other place selling the red one yet or know about it but see a lot of blue ones around...

but then i always like having the main character stuff... plus its $20 cheaper... man, decisions, decisions, for this amount of money gotta choose the right one for me =]

I may be a critic of this thing, its price, and its design choices/look.

But after looking at one of the close-up pics in jenius' Tread review, I think I've come up with one very necessary request: we need someone to panel-line this sumbitch up properly.

Need a summary here as I don't want to read through 49 pages:

Which Legioss is the most accurate looking according to the line art in terms of scale?

Most detailed: CMs?

Most durable: CMs?

... closest to Yamato 1/48 and NEW 1/60 in terms of quality, accuracy and durability? CMs, Aoshima or Toynami?

I see both CMs and Aoshimas here but don't know which set to pickup!

The Tread looks great but I'm an accuracy and scale nazi!

Edited by Neova

aw you could go visit my site for all the info you need :(

Summaries: If you're an accuracy and scale nazi you're going to hate these toys. They take all sorts of liberties. Durability and finish is top notch though, blows the Toynami/Aoshima pieces out of the water. Detail probably goes to the CMs but some of the detail is not accurate and most of it is only visible upon very close inspection.

aw you could go visit my site for all the info you need :(

Summaries: If you're an accuracy and scale nazi you're going to hate these toys. They take all sorts of liberties. Durability and finish is top notch though, blows the Toynami/Aoshima pieces out of the water. Detail probably goes to the CMs but some of the detail is not accurate and most of it is only visible upon very close inspection.

Hi Jenius,

GREAT website! Just finished your reviews in-between my meetings and it looks like there are no "best" versions out yet.

Durability, detail and quality appears to be all there but their damn reversed exposed thrusters, skinny Legioss and stupid pricing kill it for me. Sigh... If CMs had only stay truer to the line art, they could have won my money.

MPC / Aoshima Legionss is practically a wash. With some mods, these two would be virtually identical. I think the model kits may be the better option since its cheaper to mod.

If you will work on a part 3, can you take a picture of all three and next to a 1/48 VF-1 for for a size and scale comparison?

Will now read your review on the Ride Armor figures!

Edited by Neova

holy frickin crap!

neova is back and posting, welcome back man! :)

Yeah, a Neova and a Shawn post in the same thread and within 24 hours of each other...I'm freaking out, man!!

That said, my Legioss/Tlead is finally on it's merry way and should be in my hands by the end of the week. I'll be sure to post my thoughts and some pics. After I give it a thorough shaking of course. :p

Yeah, a Neova and a Shawn post in the same thread and within 24 hours of each other...I'm freaking out, man!!

That said, my Legioss/Tlead is finally on it's merry way and should be in my hands by the end of the week. I'll be sure to post my thoughts and some pics. After I give it a thorough shaking of course. :p

Thanks for the "welcome backs" DND and Eriku!

Guess it takes a fricking 300+ USD toy to bring the dead MW'ers back to life eh?

So I got curious and went Mospeada toy hunting after work to see what the hubbub was about.

Local HK street pricing is hovering between 220-250 for the Blue CMs Legioss/Tlead combo and saw the Green one for 312 USD.

What a grip... so didn't bother to even touch the damn boxes.

Just noticed its ~ 278 USD on HLJ... hmmm... maybe I should reconsider picking up that Blue CMs Legioss/Tlead combo.

Also found Aoshima's Legioss' for ~ 50 USD a pop. No blue ones, just the red and green ones for some reason. Another local HK Macross fan here told me to pass on the Aoshima's due to QC issue so I did but may reconsider as I read/here more about it here in HK.

Saw both Megahouse and CMs Stick/Leys here but will post in the other thread. Coincidentally found 2 Gakkan Ride Armors 1/8 in boxes and a loose beat up Gakkan Rider only for 13 bux? Funny how you see so much when you really look for it. :)

Edited by Neova

the aoshima legioss is pretty much the same POS as the toynami legioss other than it has a couple of extra missiles.

the arms don't sit flush in any way, it still has the half visible missiles on the forearms, the same crooked head, and the same crappy vinyl hands that crumble when exposed to air.

if you get it super duper cheap, maybe it'll be okay but for the most part, they still suffer from the same QC issues as the toynami release.

You know, I'm becoming pretty sure that the hands on the Aoshima actually are improved. That's not to say they're perfect now by any means, but they feel more solid in my hands and I suspect they're made of a more durable material. The build tolerances are even worse though then are on the Toynami MPC so it's an even greater gamble as to whether or not you'll get a good one. The best example I could think of as to how bad the Aoshimas are built are how the front winglets look in soldier mode tucked behind the head. On my MPCs these winglets come together nearly perfectly, on all my Aoshimas they leave slighlty mishapen gaps. The MPC and Aoshimas have great sculpts but the greatness ended there.

Edited by jenius

15 mins before my next meeting so can squeeze in some MW time:

I remember also seeing a blue Gakken 1/55? (less than 12" standing up) Legioss where I saw one of the 1/8 Riders. It was loose and fairly white. The one thing I noticed was how saggy / hunkered down that looked in Battroid mode compared to all of the pictures of of CMs, Toynami's and Aoshima.

It was chunky but to me, the Gakken 1/55 didn't stand the test of time. Similar when comparing from 1/55 Valks to the Yamato sculpt wise upon the 1/60s initial release.

15 mins before my next meeting so can squeeze in some MW time:

I remember also seeing a blue Gakken 1/55? (less than 12" standing up) Legioss where I saw one of the 1/8 Riders. It was loose and fairly white. The one thing I noticed was how saggy / hunkered down that looked in Battroid mode compared to all of the pictures of of CMs, Toynami's and Aoshima.

It was chunky but to me, the Gakken 1/55 didn't stand the test of time. Similar when comparing from 1/55 Valks to the Yamato sculpt wise upon the 1/60s initial release.

Holy crap Neovas alive :o

I remembered some guys said they're gonna wait for CM's legioss/tread to be sold for cheap on ebay. <_<

Wrong move boys.

It remind me how people said exactly the same for HT's ED209. :rolleyes:

Now they have one hell of a time to find one, even on ebay and most of the time it's sold at nearly twice the initial price tag. :lol:

It will happen again this time because this is a far better toy in real life than what you've seen on photos.

So grab it while you can or you're gonna regret it. ^_^

Edited by CAIN MKII

Funny thing is that the Hot Toys ED209 is actually now on clearance at HLJ for $83.85! :lol:

I remembered some guys said they're gonna wait for CM's legioss/tread to be sold for cheap on ebay. <_<

Wrong move boys.

It remind me how people said exactly the same for HT's ED209. :rolleyes:

Now they have one hell of a time to find one, even on ebay and most of the time it's sold at nearly twice the initial price tag. :lol:

It will happen again this time because this is a far better toy in real life than what you've seen on photos.

So grab it while you can or you're gonna regret it. ^_^

Edited by xstoys

Funny thing is that the Hot Toys ED209 is actually now on clearance at HLJ for $83.85! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: This means that there is a possibility that at a much later date that I could get a CM's Legioss/TREAD on clearance :huh: . Sounds good to me. I know I will find one for cheaper one day.

:ph34r:

Loser!!! Looosssser!!! Wait a minute I paid almost full price on a pre-order out for Canada for ED... At least it was before the USD tanked.

Still I like the sound of Ace Ventura saying "loser!" :huh:

Still I like the sound of Ace Ventura saying "loser!" :huh:

Me too......that's actually one of my most favorite Jim C. movies EVER!!!

But I must say...I believe it's...La Hoo Za Her.... :p

I don't know wait a minute. Let me look in the mirror.

Yeah. That's it! :rolleyes:

:lol::lol::lol: Don't be so hard on yourself.

<_< This is the infamous BATTLE DAMAGED version (quite unpopular) that is for sale, not the regular edition (the rare, expensive one today) :wacko:

Make all the difference. ^_^

Edited by CAIN MKII

While I don't really have the money right now, come May (tax rebates!) I'll probably try to pick up one of these if I can find it even at a slight discount. The pics that have gone up since it got released have made me feel better about it.