CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

On the THE (unofficial) ROBOTECH REPORTER there is a post which says the Alpha's are a around the same scale as the Toynami MPC's.

It was also stated that Mospeada will be released in a new boxed set can anyone confirm the DVD set?

Here is your confirmation!

Here are the details in English:

Price (tax-included) =9,975 The yen

Selling price (tax-included) =8,978 The yen

Sale date =07/03/21

DS point = 428

Specifications [Explanation]

発・販:コロムビアミュージックエンタテインメント

Departure from / 販: コロムビアミュージックエンタテインメント

â— XT-2435

â— One level of one side *6

â— A color

â— Size Standard

â— A picture 4:3

â— A region 2

â— Collecting time = about 634 minutes

◠Sound =1: Dolby Digital / monaural / Japanese

Wow, I'm excited. And I gotta say, I'm glad Yamato isn't making this thing. They're nearly as bad as Toynami.

If CM pulls through with this, I'm going to have to reward them by getting some of their other toys too.

The prototypes definitely have a few issues at this early stage (Legioss' chest, Tread's upper arms & hands showing), so I hope they aren't in the final toy.

Here's hoping the price isn't completely insane.

IPB Image

Going by this pic I would say the hands are retraceable. The hole looks to be the same shape of the fist. Hope they do add a under piece above the shoulder and upper arm.

While looking at the Legioss up close I could see a few penciled in marks, looked like noted markings for changes. So I’m sure by Tokyo Toy Show the next wave of pics will have some nice changes.

You can't see in the pic but Graham looked really hard and he could see there was a pilot in the cockpit, he also said the nose was longer than the Toynami version.

Edited by SaveRobotech

Here is your confirmation!

That entry just makes it sound like it's another single box with all 6 volumes again like last time, but will agree it's definately a bargin price, 9975 yen for the box versus 4700 per single volume back in 99...

The toys look very nice, disagree some of the proportions, but the compromises (the connector especially, I wonder how it'll look in Armo-Bomber) will probably make it a better overal toy that can be played with.

That entry just makes it sound like it's another single box with all 6 volumes again like last time, but will agree it's definately a bargin price, 9975 yen for the box versus 4700 per single volume back in 99...

The toys look very nice, disagree some of the proportions, but the compromises (the connector especially, I wonder how it'll look in Armo-Bomber) will probably make it a better overal toy that can be played with.

haven't seen you around these parts in a while, Cyc.. I'm not surprised you're back with all this Mospeada action happening! :p

Although I've said I prefer the boxy look of the toynami, if these turn out to not be floppy mess with parts ready to fall off the minute you try to transform them, hell I will end up buying 1 of each type.

As a little kid, I always thought it was a cool looking bot and prefer this robot mode over the vf-1 robot mode. Just please hold together!.. *prays for decent durability*

I wonder if CMs could do some macross 2 stuff? Ah that'd be good..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

That's a mean spirited post don't you think? This thing is going to cost and arm and a leg and you shouldn't care if its flawed because you're desperate. Besides, I think most of what you're seeing here are observations upon people seeing the toy for the first time as they try to digest what they're seeing. It'd be a pretty boring thread if we just rained praise down without taking a critical eye to it.

No, sorry folks after reading the various Yf-19 1/60 tantrum threads lately I have concluded some here like

to batty more than my mother in-law. I can see being pissed if you have bought something and after

the fact you find out it's screwed, but these are prototypes for chist's sake.

An yes from wht I can tell after some zoom work the TLEAD's back missiles are on a double hinge they

just weren't pushed down enough.

So no one else seems to mind that these are more like "re-imagings" of the Alpha and Beta? Hmm.

For the Alpha I don't mind so much, since I already have the Toynami.

But for the Beta, I'd like one that looks like a beta before I get one with curves where it is supposed to be angular.

Beggers can't be choosers they say. But I can't bring myself to be as excited as most I guess. And I have really been holding out hope for a Beta too...

freaking finally!!!! there is hope. But if you look at CMS past history in prices. this will be about 200 or more. i mean they want $130 for a CMS Patlabor? WTF that is ridicuolus. now the Gaogaigar sets are worth the money and Im glad I got one.

So no one else seems to mind that these are more like "re-imagings" of the Alpha and Beta? Hmm.

For the Alpha I don't mind so much, since I already have the Toynami.

But for the Beta, I'd like one that looks like a beta before I get one with curves where it is supposed to be angular.

Beggers can't be choosers they say. But I can't bring myself to be as excited as most I guess. And I have really been holding out hope for a Beta too...

Personally, I don't mind a bit, especiialy if it is an aesthetic improvement in my opinion. I really like the way they have rendered it, and I'll bite when they come out. Thank goodness someone who appears serious about it has taken on the project, the american company that has been dangling it out like a carrot don't deserve my money for all the "toying" they have done wit the fans emotions over this.

No, sorry folks after reading the various Yf-19 1/60 tantrum threads lately I have concluded some here like

to batty more than my mother in-law. I can see being pissed if you have bought something and after

the fact you find out it's screwed, but these are prototypes for chist's sake.

Who's battying now? Oooh the irony! Y'all need to relax, what do you honestly expect people to do when something new is introduced? Piss themselves with glee or take a good hard look at it and determine how much of there money it'd be worth to them. Besides, this toy takes nice liberal leaps from standard linearts, obviously that requires discussion. This toy also involves some complicated tricks no other toy manufacturer has pulled off, people are bound to discuss that also. So now you can stop your battying and let us get back to ours :D

Who's battying now? Oooh the irony! Y'all need to relax, what do you honestly expect people to do when something new is introduced? Piss themselves with glee or take a good hard look at it and determine how much of there money it'd be worth to them. Besides, this toy takes nice liberal leaps from standard linearts, obviously that requires discussion. This toy also involves some complicated tricks no other toy manufacturer has pulled off, people are bound to discuss that also. So now you can stop your battying and let us get back to ours :D

I think he's referring to how people post endless wish threads for a YF-19 fast pack or a tread/beta, for example, and then when they are actually produced, there are an equal number of threads about "WTF I'm not paying $x for 2 pieces of plastic and a dildo" threads by a lot of the same wishers. It's kind of annoying after a bit. But whatever, that's what it's all about I guess.

On these renditions, I actually like the rounded edges they have gone with. I think they are closer to the line art than Toynami's sharp edge approach. The Legioss has very rounded edges in the lineart.

Focus on the Legioss, guys. Try not to drift into unwanted territory.

I can understand why some people might not like this interpretation of the Legioss and Tread, but that's really personal taste. I happen to like a Tread that looks like it might stay in the air with something other than brute rockets from its tail end... I think I like CM's interpretation better than Toynami's "prototype".

The Legioss, there are points I don't like about CM's approach, particularly around the chest area. I hope they can adjust it but I think it's unlikely. I can live with it though, especially if I get a working Tread out of it.

On these renditions, I actually like the rounded edges they have gone with. I think they are closer to the line art than Toynami's sharp edge approach. The Legioss has very rounded edges in the lineart.

I'm absolutely thrilled. Someday's I like me a boxy Legioss and on those days I do appreciate the Toynami look. Somedays I like me a stylized Legioss and up until now I've had to just appreciate some fan art... but now I'll have that too. Now, if only I can get another one to fill those "in between" days.

As to the whole complaining thing, MW has definitely gotten negative and a bit ugly lately and I absolutley don't blame anyone for being unhappy with that. I don't mean to come off like the complaining is all a good thing (and I realize I may have sounded like that). I just meant that in this particular thread it seems to make a bit more sense since you're going to have eager fans dissecting what glimpses they have for the very first time... and those glimpses are of an unfinished resin prototype to boot... much analysis must be done!

I'm absolutely thrilled. Someday's I like me a boxy Legioss and on those days I do appreciate the Toynami look. Somedays I like me a stylized Legioss and up until now I've had to just appreciate some fan art... but now I'll have that too. Now, if only I can get another one to fill those "in between" days.

Does your ass ever get sore from sitting on that fence all day, every day?

Does your ass ever get sore from sitting on that fence all day, every day?

I thought sitting on the fence had to do with not deciding which direction to go. I'm happy going in all directions so you might just say my legs are tired from running in circles. The ass is fine though.

From the currency conversion, it looks like around $80. Is that right?

I thought that was the price for the new Mospeada DVD box set?

Edited by jenius

I really hope CM's revise the intakes. It could be as easy as making the hole bigger. That or I'll salvage my Toynamis chest area for these :p

Don't think that would be viable. Toynami's chest looks to be overly large in comparison, and there's that popping upper torso mechanism you have to cater for. It might turn out to be too much work for too little effort.

Do we have anyone on CM's payroll? :D

I am very pleased. I for one will mot scrutinize the sculpt as anything, even someting as shoddy as a Transformer Bootleg is better than a Toynami Product. I do fear that the price will probably be around $250+ if you look at the pricing of a non transforming mecha from Patlabor is at around $130.

However I believe it is worth it. An MPC Alpha alone was at retail, $80. so another $170 for a Beta? sure why not?

I am hoping it will be about MPC size. but given the size of CMs past toys they are a bit smaller. so I think this will be rather small.

I am very pleased. I for one will mot scrutinize the sculpt as anything, even someting as shoddy as a Transformer Bootleg is better than a Toynami Product. I do fear that the price will probably be around $250+ if you look at the pricing of a non transforming mecha from Patlabor is at around $130.

However I believe it is worth it. An MPC Alpha alone was at retail, $80. so another $170 for a Beta? sure why not?

I am hoping it will be about MPC size. but given the size of CMs past toys they are a bit smaller. so I think this will be rather small.

I think the tlead will make up for it, that sucker's huge. I'm SOLD on it if it can combine in armo soldier mode...HELL YES.

I wonder if I could salvage the Toynami box and get rid of thier alphas. hmmmm.

I have never owned anything from the Brave line but this definitely has me interested in how the Brave Patlabor Ingram turns out. Our shipment of Ingram 1/2 will arrive later in the week, so I will finally get a look at CMS quality.