CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

I assumed that those are landing gear doors, ala Toynami.

Oh yeah, that's it. Never noticed them in the Toynami Alpha pics but after looking closelly they are in the same place.

Edit:

In the anime, did the connecting piece shown in the lineart chowyunskinny posted transform with the rest of the Tread or did it just appear animagically when needed? The CM one looks a bit long to pull that off without the arm collapsing (looks like it can only hinge up and down).

Edited by Twoducks

I wish I had some lineart pics because I'm pretty certain that is the actual connecting piece they're using for the Legioss. That landing gear I recall from the lineart (the center one in the cradle) and the two clamps coming upward look to latch onto the hips in fighter mode.

You're right, I stand corrected. :p

-Kyp

Thanks Chowyunskinny! So it looks to me that CMs is simulating the piece that attaches the Tread to the Legioss by including a separate cradle. The lineart shows the attaching arm comes out from the base of the Tread and that doesn't look like what's happening on this prototype toy (and also a route Toynami mentioned they would probably go if they made their Beta). Also interesting to note is how the arms of the CM Tread is nothing at all like the lineart in its current iteration (but is also being handled the same way Toynami was). I'm excited, can't wait to see more complete versions.

In the anime, did the connecting piece shown in the lineart chowyunskinny posted transform with the rest of the Tread or did it just appear animagically when needed? The CM one looks a bit long to pull that off without the arm collapsing (looks like it can only hinge up and down).

The animation magic sits in how far back the Legioss slides into the Tread. The Legioss gets deep enough into the tread where the arm doesn't have to extend very far from the Tread and can easily retract back into it. It's also important to remember that the tread has a lot of depth when standing in Soldier mode to help accomodate that massive beam sitting in between its legs...

Edited by jenius

Yes would really love to see if the toy could do that mode! Robot with massive booster on its back. Because the series took place on the ground, you don't really get much time to see it fly around in space in that combination much.

Military Aqaurion could still kicks its butt though.. :p

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Can I ask a question? How important is it that the connection between the Legioss and TLEAD is "anime accurate?" If the two planes are connected, you're not going to see the connection points.

True, but if that craddle is sticking way out there in fighter mode, then it wouldn't look right. Hopefully that thing retracts.

-Kyp

I think it folds away. looks like there's hinge on the base where it connects to the body

That's my guess too. It'll probably fold upwards to help to hide the cockpit and still let the Tread sorta look anime-accurate in Soldier(?) mode.

But I'd still like to see how the Tread looks in fighter mode with that boom hidden, as if it were in mid-flight.

I am really excited about the upcoming CM Legioss & Tread’s however I am sorely uninformed about CM’s quality, price, & plastic Vs die-cast content.

Hobby Link Japan sells a few CM items such as:

Patlabor, Brave Gohkin AV-98 Ingram 1 & 2 (Movie Ver) for $105.71

Brave Gohkin Genesic Gao Gai Gar Ltd Color for $173.42

Votoms mecha from $31.38 for single robots to $80.11 for a two Robot set

If the Legioss & Tread stay in the range of other CM items they will remain in the price range of recent Yamato Macross valks; so their should not be to much sticker shock, I hope.

I would really like to see a re-design of the air intake area; the inlets are way too small.

I never purchased the MPC Alpha’s because I was to busy spending all my money on Yamato goodies last summer. I was just about to pull the trigger on the red, green, & shadow fighter Alphas via Robotech.com but now that I see this pre-view I am strongly reconsidering.

Edited by rdenham

I'm kinda surprised no one's mentioned this yet:

[attachmentid=40741]

I'm glad to see some rachet joints on this bird.

But assuming it could've held up the weight of the rest of the leg (and not compromised the fighter mode with floppiness), I'd rather this particular joint be a ball joint, ala the 1/48 Yammies. It'd give us a few more posing options in Soldier/Battloid mode.

Egads, the intakes, they look quite off. Too small, I guess.. hope they adjust.

As for the connector, have to sort of keep in mind that it has to work with the legioss' weight. The catch is ugly I agree, but I rather it be strong but ugly, than for the legioss to come crashing down off the Tread in Fighter. That would be quite bad..

One thing I noticed about the Tread, seems like the legs are very rounded. Looks a bit weird.

Bet the whole set costs not much more than Toynami was going to ask for just their Beta. It probably also puts the nail in it's coffin. But I can't believe that Toynami didn't know CMS had this thing in the works.

As much as some of you guys want a Tread toy I'm surprised you're already griping on things like super accuracy the attaching arm. Be happy they can link already.

Bet the whole set costs not much more than Toynami was going to ask for just their Beta. It probably also puts the nail in it's coffin. But I can't believe that Toynami didn't know CMS had this thing in the works.

As much as some of you guys want a Tread toy I'm surprised you're already griping on things like super accuracy the attaching arm. Be happy they can link already.

That's a mean spirited post don't you think? This thing is going to cost and arm and a leg and you shouldn't care if its flawed because you're desperate. Besides, I think most of what you're seeing here are observations upon people seeing the toy for the first time as they try to digest what they're seeing. It'd be a pretty boring thread if we just rained praise down without taking a critical eye to it.

On the THE (unofficial) ROBOTECH REPORTER there is a post which says the Alpha's are a around the same scale as the Toynami MPC's.

It was also stated that Mospeada will be released in a new boxed set can anyone confirm the DVD set?

I will never understand why people take pictures of these items and never display a ruler within the frame in order to give the viewer an idea of its size. Many of the displays have no photography signs and people still snap pictures so it would not be difficult to show us a size measurement.

post-289-1172464594_thumb.jpg

post-289-1172464618_thumb.jpg

post-289-1172464633_thumb.jpg

Edited by rdenham

Well, on the one side, I am pretty enthused that SOMEONE is making a Beta/Tread finally. But on the other hand, it doesn't exactly look like I would have hoped.

I'm still gonna get a set, of course, but I can't say I'm that happy with the execution at this point. A bit too many liberties taken with the Alpha and Beta for my tastes. The Alpha's chest is an eyesore, and the Beta's lower legs are gonna look like powerpuff girls'.

-The collapsable rack looks really odd

-The head looks far too elongate

-The cockpit looks to "droopy"

-The lower legs are too roundy

-The top of the fuselage/torso is too flat

The Beta looks pretty good, but it doesn't look "right." Same for the Alpha.

If these looked better/more accurate I'd be a lot more excited than I am now.

And if they really are the same scale as the Toynami, I'd expect better leg-fuselage mating in the Beta's fighter mode.

My pics to compare to the two above:

And yes, I know there is a lot of anime magic in the Beta, and that probably accounts for some, but not all of the inaccuracy.

post-659-1172466259_thumb.jpg

post-659-1172466268_thumb.jpg

These are just proto types. I'll reserve final judgment until we see them painted up and in all modes. CMS is a good company. I'm not a fan of alot of the mecha they produce but over all I've heard positive things about the final products. The only complaint I hear is that the price can be steep for toys that don't have much diecast content.

About the craddle: judging for the line art AND the prototype, seems to me that the connecting piece connects at the crotch of the Legioss. The "pincers" of the toy obviously connect at the leg joints. That also explains the line:

背後ã«ãŸãŸã‚“ã æ©Ÿé¦–部分ãŒé•·ã„ã®ã§ã€äººåž‹ã®ã¾ã¾ãƒˆãƒ¬ãƒƒãƒ‰ï¿½

�接続ã¯é›£ã—ã„ã‹ã‚‚?

It is whether since the nose-of-an-airplane portion folded back is long, connection is difficult for a tread with a man type?

Which means there's concern about if the Legioss can remain connected in Soldier mode or not, due to his long nosecone.

Considering the absurd prices on most CM's toys, that's probably wishful thinking.

Make no mistakes, I'm expecting this to be expensive. USD200? For 2 transformables, I think it's more likely USD250. But don't quote me, it's just a gut feel thing.

Thing is, I'll still pay the price, barring horrid reviews. The engineering on the Legioss looks solid, better than the Alphas ever did in photos. If you think back, the Alphas looked alright but something's always a bit subtly wrong with them. Comparatively, while there are areas where the Legioss can be improved, I think it's almost a shoo-in as an Alpha replacement. (The key decision point is how the Jupiter head looks like.)

The Tread? It's hard to know how Toynami would react. They could do a self-review and decide that their Beta doesn't match up in quality (just base on sculpt alone), or they can decide that there is a sufficient interest to release their Beta in competition. They could wait till they have a copy of the CM Tread to study the engineering, or they could try to rush it out the door to say they got it out first. Toynami makes odd business decisions from a consumer's viewpoint.

So, without knowing if Toynami intends to sell their Beta at whatever pricepoint they would set (which, from all reports, is going to be an expensive one), it's safer to go with the CM Tread. Even though I know very little of CM's QC -- tempted to get the CM Patlabour just to figure it out -- I do know Toynami has a history of design and QC flaws. So, yeah, it's rolling dice a bit, but I think CM's Tread got better odds than Toynami's Beta.

LOL, Graham really is everywhere! It's like reinventing Where's Waldo over here.

The CMs did an ultra-stylized mold from the look of it, Toynami did pretty much the opposite. At the moment I'm actually enjoying the Toynami mold more but Toynami, to my knowledge, never did us the favor of displaying their Beta like CMs is doing with their Tread (stand alone bomber style). Now, CMs has to do us the favor of showing their Tread in Soldier mode.

Ideally I would love to have Toynami sit back, let CMs release their Tread, buy one for themselves. Play with it, see what doesn't work, improve their own mold, and then release a Beta having learned from CMs mistake (as I'm sure CMs did with Toynami's MPC Alpha). Either way it's becoming a great time to be a huge Mospeada fan again! :D

Let's not give these guys any ideas about price, just yet.

It's still too early in the production cycle. Once we see something closer to the finished product and get a better idea how well these things look in all three modes and all posed out, THEN we can start "negotiating." ;)

So far CMS has a good history of QC other than the first ltd GGGG, which was corrected in the mass production version. Its rest of of its brave releases seem to be pretty good as well, with almost zero QC problems. Pretty sturdy plastic was used, similar to that seen in bandai soc products. In regards to the legoiss alpha/beta fighters, i must say im quite impressed as its the first time i have seen panel lines done on their toy products.

On a sidenote, wondering if CMS version have missile pods/compartment as compared to the toynami version?

Ok just check the alpha battroid pics carefully, yes it does seem to have missile compartment on its thighs/shoulders. :)

What im hoping next will be that CMS does minature yet combinable and transformable cyclone riders :D Something close to the scale of starwars figures

Edited by recon

I think CM's Tread got better odds than Toynami's Beta.

I completely agree, when I was at the Portland showing of The Shadow Chronicals I was told that if Toynami made a Beta it could cost nearly $200 and considering every MPC Toynami has made has had QC issues why would anyone trust that a MPC Beta would be any better than the MPC VF-1’s or MPC Alphas.

A part of me says "YES" with glee. Another part of me said OMFG I am gonna be a poor man. Yes my wallet is screaming bloody murder and yelping as it runs away from me. And I am going to buy a house soon. Man this legioss and tread combo got me drooling. And Patlabors too. Damn CMs.