CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

I have lots of pics which I'll post as soon as I get back to HK. The sculpt and detail of the CM's Legioss & Tread blow the Toynami versions out of the water.

The CM's Legioss & Tread will be released together as a set. No word onï½ï½’ice yet, ï½ï½’ cï½ï½Œï½ï½’ variations as the sculpts were unpainted.

And yes, the Legioss is roughly the same size as the Toynami version.

Graham

So much for the conventional wisdom that Toynami was the only game in town where Alphas/Legiosses and will/won't/will/maybe Betas/Treads. I look forward to future info on this line (They have a Tread! :wub: ), and to see them in their respective liveries and in all modes... but it already looks promissing.

Edit: More Mospeada mecha is always a good thing. Now, given the sudden interest from CM, will they follow this up with in-scale Invid/Inbit mecha? That would certainly be the sprinkles on top the icing (Tread) on the cake.

Edited by mechaninac

The blog put it as all three types, summer of '07. Start saving folks.

At this point, I'll like to point out to Toynami. See that wing root area? where there's a curve? We might call the Tread a "Flying Brick" in fondness, but there are CURVES on the darn thing. Wake up already, I don't want a literal brick with rockets.

I just brought my MPC Alpha from the display to play with. I was fairly dissatisfied with the head sculpt and the arms, but I didn't dare to take it apart to do mods. Now that this is coming out, I intend to -- after the CM version is safely in my place.

There's days like today when I get stoked on collecting all over again.

Tlead looks awesome. The landing gear is a nice touch, hope they are diecast. The notches on the attachment point make me wonder if it can dock when the Legioss is in Soldier mode.

The stylized look of the legs on the Legioss is interesting, I just hope they find a way to engineer it so that they telescope/collapse shorter in fighter mode or the arms/thrusters are going to look way too far forward.

Looks like there's missle hatches in the shoulders and legs, Woohoo!

Edited by chowyunskinny

I will definitely have one of these.

I do hope that the tread will combine with the legioss in soldier mode. I always thought that looked particularly awesome, and with a flexi-stand, it could look wild.

I hope that "Summer" = June and not August. I really like the looks of this.

The Legioss is pretty interesting in itself. The shoulder sensor appears to be *gasp* storable in fighter! The dimensions look correct for it to be stored in the spine in fighter, but it also looks molded to the panel (unlike the Alpha, which is detachable but also free to rotate).

Oddly, the top of the torso near the intakes look to be lifted/ popped up. Intentional? I'm not sure I like the look. Chest is already flater than Toynami's, so ground clearance in fighter should be better. There also looks to be waist articulation there, rather than a telescopic waist.

The nose looks considerably longer than the Alpha; perhaps a sleeker profile in Fighter than we might expect?

Looks to be a split-wing design again.. nothing much to be done there, I suppose. The tailfin cutting a groove into the arm thrusters is a compromise I don't quite like but can live with. And it looks like all the missile hatches open.

Is this a considerable improvement over the Toynami Alpha? In terms of looks, the CM version actually looks more organic, but better detailed. Some areas are less appealing, but on sheer looks alone, I think it's just a different interpretation on the Legioss design. I'll say CM has a slight edge just because of proportions -- everything looks about right ('cept maybe the head). Toynami is a fairly ok sculpt with a big head and big feet, but does look a bit stiff in poses.

Where this would be decided is in the articulation and durability. I think the CM already has a good head start, with waist articulation and what looks to be better elbow articulation. In terms of durability, it's a toss-up. Can't tell without handling a real article.

Edited by Lynx7725

Guess that means I'll be tossing out my old Toynami ones!

They were riddled with QC issues, such as broken arms, head is tilted, legs are flimsy and broken plus it has two of the same intakes on the chest.. Not to mention my Toynami Voltron which has one of the Lion’s legs broken off, the joint to the yellow lion is broken, etc.. (I don’t play with my stuff, just transform them.. Look at them.. transform them again.. and so forth. =p)

Hopefully this company is better! The mold sure looks awesome! Round edges.. Yummy!

*waits for HLJ to put up pre-orders, if they haven't already*

Hmm. I don't like the way the intake area looks, or the fact that the tailfins don't fold all the way in, but otherwise they both look great. Are these toy, models, or resin kits?

The tailfin on the right arm looks more folded in so it may be a case of bad transformation.

Can't wait to se the Tread in bot mode and the Legios in fighter.

these guys looks awesome... it looks like CM took a lot of artistic license with the details though.. much more rounded contours and as has been pointed out, the nose cone looks pretty long. I have to say I like what I'm seeing a whole lot.

makes me glad I have only one toynomi master piece of crap.

As good as the sculpt look, it seems to me that these are more comparable in quality with the 1/100 Toynami valks. Matt Alt mentioned that the Tlead is the same size as the Toynami Alpha, if I read correctly, contradicting Graham's report. So that means these are going to be considerably smaller (I'm hoping Graham is correct but the sculpt looks to me like they're smaller). I still cant wait for the review on these.

As good as the sculpt look, it seems to me that these are more comparable in quality with the 1/100 Toynami valks. Matt Alt mentioned that the Tlead is the same size as the Toynami Alpha, if I read correctly, contradicting Graham's report. So that means these are going to be considerably smaller (I'm hoping Graham is correct but the sculpt looks to me like they're smaller). I still cant wait for the review on these.

Matt Alt said CM's Leigoss is the same size as Toynamis Alpha. :D

I'm excited about this and bored at the same time so it's time for a gibberish translation, point and laugh at the engrish!

"Armor Book of Genesis muslin PIDA BRAVE alloy 09

レギオスwith.トレッド 〈エータã€ã‚¼ãƒ¼ã‚¿ã€ã‚¤ã‚ªã‚¿ã€‰

REGIOSU with. tread <ETA, ZETA, IOTA>

2007å¹´å¤ç™ºå£²äºˆå®šã€€å…¨3種 価格未定

The summer sale schedule of 2007 A total of three sorts Price undecidedness

ワンダーフェスティãƒãƒ«2007冬ã«ã¦é©šãã®æ–°å±•é–‹ç™ºè¡¨ã€‚

The new deployment announcement of surprise in Wonder festival 2007 winter.

ãªã‚“ã¨å›½å†…メーカーã®CM'sãŒãƒ¢ã‚¹ãƒ”ーダ新商å“ã‚’åˆå…¬é–‹ã—ã¾ã—ãŸã€‚

CM's of what and a home manufacturer first exhibited muslin PIDA new goods.

BRAVEåˆé‡‘シリーズã¨ã—ã¦ã€ã‚´ãƒ¼ã‚·ãƒ§ãƒ¼ã‚°ãƒ³ã®æ¬¡å›žä½œã¨ãªã‚‹ã‚ˆã†ã§ã™ã€‚

It seems that it becomes a next project of GOSHOGUN as BRAVE alloy series.

ã‚ã¾ã‚Šç”»è³ªãŒã‚ˆã‚ã—ããªã„ã§ã™ãŒå†™çœŸã‚’数点アップã—ã¾ã—ãŸã€‚

Although quality of image was not so very well, the photograph was raised several points. "

"レギオスã¯å½“然ã®äº‹ãªãŒã‚‰ã€ãƒˆãƒ¬ãƒƒãƒ‰ã‚‚å¯å¤‰ã‚¿ã‚¤ãƒ—ãªã®ã¯é–“é•ã„ãªã„ã§ã—ょã†ã€‚

Probably, it of REGIOSU will be certain that a tread is also a variable type with a natural thing.

トイナミã®MPレギオスよりも若干å°ã•ãã€ã‚¹ãƒªãƒ ãªå°è±¡ã§ã—ãŸã€‚

It was a little smaller than MP REGIOSU of TOINAMI, and was a slim impression.

背後ã«ãŸãŸã‚“ã æ©Ÿé¦–部分ãŒé•·ã„ã®ã§ã€äººåž‹ã®ã¾ã¾ãƒˆãƒ¬ãƒƒãƒ‰ã«æŽ¥ç¶šã¯é›£ã—ã„ã‹ã‚‚?

It is whether since the nose-of-an-airplane portion folded back is long, connection is difficult for a tread with a man type?

トレッドã¯ãƒˆã‚¤ãƒŠãƒŸãŒå…¬é–‹ã—ãŸè©¦ä½œå“よりå°ã•ã‚ã«æ„Ÿã˜ã¾ã™ã€‚

A tread is felt more smallish than the trial product which TOINAMI exhibited."

This is me raising an eyebrow: :huh:

This is like mini wheats with me... the kid in me is excited that there is a chance I can own a Legioss / Tread combo that is not a piece of crap. Then again the adult in me is skeptical that this will be any better than the Toynami offering.

Count me as a "Wait and see".

CM does have a good rep where its toys are concerned right? I don't hear much complaints about it, but granted, I don't frequent the toys forum.. MW is a wee bit off the beaten track sometimes.

Generally, the CM Legioss/ Tread looks more.. together. It's like a sculpture of a human, everything is connected and affects each other.

If this is going to be out by the summer, I think you can kiss a Toynami Tread good-bye. First of all, this tread looks awesome compared to the Toynami one. Secondly, its going into production already so the market share for Toynami is going to be smaller. If Toynami is still trying to gauge interest... well this would pretty much guarantee that there won't be enough interest. Just my opinions.

BTW I do like the overall look of both the tread and legioss. It is indeed more anthromorphic than Toynami's version.

vinnie

The sculpt on thos is simply fantastic... as long as the price is right, these are SO sold!

But how is this happening? I thought HG had the whole licsence on lockdown... (this question asked 0 seconds before Lynx asked it :p)

Edited by promethuem5