CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

Well the good thing looks like when the Legioss is in fighter mode unattached to the tread it looks like the arms can be spaced out more which in my opinion makes the fighter mode look much better. Although the hookup is still kinda wonky looking. Good to see the metal landing gear, but some nice rubber wheels would of been nice. The micro missile details look like Toynami's strap on ones..... <_< Kind of sucks that only the blue variant will be released in mass retail, while the others will command higher prices no doubt :angry: Well the Legioss is looking better, but its still not great, but the I think the tread is shaped pretty nicely. Thanks for the pictures SAVEROBOTECH !!!

Awww look at the cute little ride armors! Crap, if the other two are exclusives that's gonna mean I'll never get 'em at a discount. At least it also signifies that they're aware they're charging too much and almost no one will buy those variants.

EDIT 1: Why don't they ever put the Tread's missiles down in fighter mode? It really looks like they could go down all the way but they never do.

EDIT 2: I'm a little worried that the Legioss legs don't camber. Clearly the Tread ones do but when I super zoom in on the Legioss it doesn't look like it has the fudge room. Tough to tell.

Edited by jenius

First off, thank you very much for the detailed pics, SaveRobotech. I'm very happy you were able to post and share them with us.

My thoughts after reviewing the pics?

I don't know what it is, but I'm getting a "DC Animated Universe" toys vibe from these sets. Sort of a cartoony, almost "plastic," and not as much realistic detailing as I'd like in the whole thing.

Starting with the Legioss, I kinda wish there were more panel lines and detailing, especially on the canards(?). The bird just seems kinda blank and lacking.

Regarding the Tread?

I'm really having a bunch of issues with the overhead missile rack. Now that I'm seeing it painted, it just doesn't look right (again, too much of an animated feel and not "realistic" enough for my tastes). Add to that, I still haven't seen that missile rack fully pushed down in bomber mode yet. I'm getting a bad feeling this is gonna be another issue like the Legioss tailfins.

I'm also worried about the Tread's arms/wings. I really hope that it's just a mistransformation, but the way the arms are drooping down a bit on the green Tread scares the hell out of me.

Of course, the fighter connection looks about as bad as I expected. But damn, I'm not sure if any amount of modding by me could even make it look any better or anime accurate.

You know, I really want to like these releases by CM's. But after seeing them painted and everything, and then seeing that asking price ($270?!), I just can't justify purchasing it.

Never thought I'd see the day after CM's unveiled this, but I'm really longing again for Toynami's version of the Beta. :(

Oh keep in mind the guy at the CM's both was picking up the toys to show us the durability and playability of the toys. They did not take the time to put the toys back in the correct transformation, I was very happy with what I saw.

^^Fair enough.

I remember seeing the ratchet-jointed hips on the original prototype's pics.

But the shoulder joints were always something that worried me about the Tread's (and Beta's) design. I just hope the shoulders were solidly made and hold up over multiple transformations.

First off, thanks for the photos.. I think it shows the quality of product well, but the design may have some deficiencies.

Second, they just effectively lost a sale here. I want to get only the red Legioss, but if it's an exclusive, I'm not going to pay yet another premium on top of the already high price. Sorry, no go here.

I don't know what it is, but I'm getting a "DC Animated Universe" toys vibe from these sets. Sort of a cartoony, almost "plastic," and not as much realistic detailing as I'd like in the whole thing.

Starting with the Legioss, I kinda wish there were more panel lines and detailing, especially on the canards(?). The bird just seems kinda blank and lacking.

Trust me, it's full of panel lines! The pics don't show them well. At least the prototypes were full of panel lines ^_^

post-557-1199624869_thumb.jpg

post-557-1199624898_thumb.jpg

hmm, so how hard will it be for me to grab the Red set??? This blows.

But i dunno, i'm no that impressed either, so i guess i'll save my dosh. :p

Thanks for the pics man.

Second, they just effectively lost a sale here. I want to get only the red Legioss, but if it's an exclusive, I'm not going to pay yet another premium on top of the already high price. Sorry, no go here.

Not alone.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Wouldn't it be great if Bandai just applied their super-duper product design and released some kind of MG-class kit of both Legioss and Tlead, maybe in their Real Robot Revolution line-up? Sigh.

I can't believe the fins REALLY stick out like that! That totally blows in my book. Up until I saw up-close the exposed fin/arms in Soldier-mode, I was hoping the previous leaked shots were mis-transformed. >Groan<

I'm going to have to re-consider the Aoshima edition after all. Some of the local shops actually put the contents on display in the hope that people can see the overall quality isn't ALWAYS the worst-case reported by the Japanese collectors.

The hell is up with the arm fins? I mean I could live with sorta small arm fins, but ones that just stick out? ugh.... Looks like the only money that CMS will be getting from me regarding mospeada is their ride armor which I am digging alot. I now hope megahouse or even the mysterious beagle decide to try and tackle the legioss tread link up.

Well, not having all three as mass retail just sucks... and the Legioss looks kinda fat and odd in battroid mode... but those little Ride Armor and pilot figs are ADORABLE!!!!

Are we seeing a little bit of articulation on those pilots?

Very excited to pick one of these up. Thanks for the pics. They look pretty good, I agree about the intakes being too small, and obviously the tail fins are too big, but hey,... MOSPEADA TREAD COMING OUT ON THE MARKET FINALLY!

Edited by Pat S

the ride armors look great... still not into the legioss/tread. I wonder if the motorcycles are gonna be exclusives too, because I don't think I'm willing to hunt tose down at that price... looks like I'm going to get the megahouse ones.

Something really interesting about those pics is that the blue Legioss shown in fighter mode has an auxiliary missile pod between the arms. The arms in this picture appear to be correctly spaced, and not smooshed together as shown in the linkup pics. I'm still not wowed by this toy, but that would seem to constitute a major improvement from what we've seen.

The other detail that's more obvious now is the inability for the tailfins to fold completely into the arm/auxiliary engine housings. The tailfins are visibly longer than the recess they fold in to, so this tells us that the previous supposition that the fins were possibly "mis-transformed" was incorrect.

post-873-1199657049_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hiriyu

Something really interesting about those pics is that the blue Legioss shown in fighter mode has an auxiliary missile pod between the arms. The arms in this picture appear to be correctly spaced, and not smooshed together as shown in the linkup pics. I'm still not wowed by this toy, but that would seem to constitute a major improvement from what we've seen.

Doesn't the green one still just have both arms smushed together though? What an odd bird this thing is.

The Tlead looks decent, but the Legioss looks half baked, as if the design supervisor looked at the first version to come across his desk and just said it's good enough... and that asking price is beyond ludicrous; I'll pass. However, I'm digging the ride armors; those look great.

The other detail that's more obvious now is the inability for the tailfins to fold completely into the arm/auxiliary engine housings. The tailfins are visibly longer than the recess they fold in to, so this tells us that the previous supposition that the fins were possibly "mis-transformed" was incorrect.

I think the tailfin folds down first and then slips in to the shoulder part when upper and lower arm are pushed together.

this when the alpha links up with the Beta.