Official Macross World Con 2007 Information Thread

Thanks Sol!!

Good idea.

Any good commercials (anime related)?

Most old commercials are pryty good anyway.

Some weird stuff about tampons, McD's Chicken Nuggetsm various snack foods and a cool toy commercial for BioDragon and BioRobo.

just 3 more days for the $10 registration cutoff deadline!!!! register today if you plan on attending!!!

After Friday, registration fees will jump to $15....

to register, email mwcon2007@gmail.com

Also, if you've registered, check out the events thread to sign up for Customs contest, karaoke, transforming contest, poker, and video game tourneys...

check it out here.... MW Con2007 Events page

thanks!

Registration fees have gone up to $15. Remember that all of these funds are going to pay for food and Mari's attendence.

Plus we'll have good stuff to give out as prizes for the contests so sign up!!! =]

AAAAARRRGHHH...I knew I forgot to do something this past month.

Oh well. I'll give you buzz later, Bee.

You can put me down for the customs contest, in most categories, except the models.

If time and space permit, I'll be bringing along:

1. Munny Monster.

2. Set of all four custom Matchbox 7" destroids.

3. Toynami 1/100 VFs - VF-1A Kakizaki, VF-1A TV Max, VF-1A Blue Roses and VF-1S Max.

4. Toynami 1/100 VF-1J Hikaru with custom TV FAST packs.

5. Toynami 1/100 VF-1S Roy with custom STRIKE packs.

7. QF-2200D-S Ghost for VF-0S Roy.

Maybe...

1. TV Accurate 1/48 VF-1A AngelBirds and VF-1D (with sliding heatshield and escape pod).

2. TV Accurate 1/48 VF-1A HEADS.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a profesional sound engineer and would be happy to lend my services if needed, incase Mari decides to do a number and needs to set up anything (mixer, mic, speakers, etc).

AND

I never got a confirmation email.

AND

I may have something to enter in the JM/SD/nonscale catagory.

Edited by orguss01

I am a profesional sound engineer and would be happy to lend my services if needed, incase Mari decides to do a number and needs to set up anything (mixer, mic, speakers, etc).

AND

I never got a confirmation email.

AND

I may have something to enter in the JM/SD/nonscale catagory.s to set up anything (mixer, mic, speakers, etc).

i got your payment on June 5th. Just sent you a confirmation email.

and i would LOVE your help with Mari's performance if you could bring a sound system.... All i have is a Fender P250 speaker system that i was going to hook up a mic and a Yamaha S80 keyboard too...

I was gonna get some monitors and speaker stands, but if you have some of your own equipment or sound system you'd like to bring and help set up, that'd be awesome!!!

and i'll enter your stuff into the customs contest.... thanks!!

Fortress Maximus gave me an idea that i think would be cool for the con:

Maybe in addition to supporting Mari by buying her cds we should give her a handmade gift? I know there are tons of artistly talents folks on MW and there are bound to be some attending too. Perhaps we could get one of them to create a unique work in tribute to her not just as a fanboy lusting object, but for her greater body of work as a performer and singer. I think something like this might be really appreciated by Mari since it is from the heart and the MW con members contributing to the comission of this drawing or sculpt could initial the base or frame or something. Just a thought. Lmk how it goes.

does anyone want to make anything cool for Mari??? i could pitch in... but i suck at making stuff... but it would be a cool tribute to give to her from us.....

Edited by kiririth

• 3 weeks later...

MacrossWorld Con is just around the corner!!!! for those still interested in attending but have not yet registered... PLEASE register by emailing MWcon2007@gmail.com

the con is almost 2 weeks away!!! we have Mari confirmed.... and possible appearances from Egan, Tommy Yune, and Tom Bateman....

If you have registered, please check out the event thread to sign up for events. At this point, i think we're going to cancel the karaoke contest and just have it for fun....

some people have entered the customs contest.... we may just have sign ups for the video game tourneys at the con itself.

the big thing is the POKER TOURNAMENT!!! I need all those who are interested to sign up for the poker tourney ASAP so we can secure the prizes. check out the event sign up thread soon!

for those who registered and were interested in purchasing an Autographed CD, here is what Mari has for sale and will be bringing to the Con:

"Uncompromising Innocence" - $20 (Her newest Album)

" Silent Love" - $20

"Gems" - $20

"Lorna Doone." -$10 (Soundtrack CD)

Everyone who has agreed to purchase a CD from Mari will get first dibs in line for the autograph session. You can purchase the CD of your choice directly from Mari and have her autograph it anyway you like. In addition, each person in line can only have up to 3 items signed by Mari to keep the flow going.

Those who want more stuff signed can get back in line if they wish. The performance and autograph session should be really fun. Again, if you're interested in attending the con but haven't registered yet, PLEASE register ASAP.

Thanks!

the con is coming up this SUNDAY from 10am-6pm in Long Beach.

Here is the address for anyone that would like to come but has not registered yet. I will only be accepting Online Registrations through Friday night. People registering at the door will pay $20.

3150 E. 29th St.

Long Beach, CA 90806

Hope to see a lot of you guys there!

I'll definitely be there for MW Con this year. B))

Hi guys remember me.It;s Jeffrey JM1 !!

EDIT :SO SORRY I DIDNT ENTER PRICES.HAVEN'T BEEN ON THE SITE IN YEARS AND DIDNT KNOW THE RULES SO PLEASE DONT TAKE OFFENSE ANYONE (especially those people who just like to quibble about ANYthing..yeeash) The boxed Elint around 1300.00 it is in perfect shape the GBP around 750.00 unboxed with full armour the boxed armour 350 or B.Offer i havent seen the price s on other markets but I will take fair ebay prices for the stuff for the boxed Orgroid (Green lense) 225 or B.O. and so forth.this was edited in to the fellow who relied afterwards so he didnt think I was abusing the rules...ok....so

all betta now>>??

havent seen allot of the old guard here but wanted to tell Macross world people that i am getting rid of most of my collection.saving a grea6t strike....a great old GBP and of couirse a copuple of elints.i have loads of stuff that I will be selling and wanted to let anyone.In the L.A. area especially that can xcome and pick stuff up that there will be nice things for sale!!

you can reach me best by emailing me at

superspookenator@gmail.com

and as i said my name is Jeffrey.There are customs available....and boxed items and ....yell me what your looking for and we'll see if i have it for sale...orgus Orgroids boxed? I got em..vintage GBP ARMOUR>BOxed....I got em..Robs resin GPB and OSPREY PARTS (CONVERSION) i HAVE THEM.NEVER USED!!....

give me a shout.its a shame I didnt find out about the convention until today or I would have brought the stuff down there..if someone from the convention wants me to bring the stuff I will...at least 30 pieces for sale!!

thanks

Jeffrey

JM

JM MUSIC INC.2007

Edited by JM1

Thanks to Shawn and Graham for helping to keep this all alive ...

Thanks to Kiririth for hosting/cordinating MWcon and making everyone feel welcome. .......

good job.....

Nex Year....Long Beach convention center.

We had a great time today. Much thanks to kiririth for hosting an awesome convention, and to Shawn and Graham for keeping the Macross community alive. And props to xstoys and everyone who brought their collections for display.

I got tons of pics, and I'm in the process of re-editing them. Here's a teaser. Enjoy!

sta60033.jpg

Just a few things...

1) I hear that xstoys had that supper rare Gakken Tread there. Pictures anyone?

2) Haven't seen any pictures of Shawn in a few years... looks like you got some gray hair! We're all gettin' older! :p

3) As for the picture of Mari, I just have one word to say:

"MIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!" :D Seriously she's looking great for her age. :)

I hope everyone had a great time. I really missed being there this year - I especially missed kicking butt in the poker tourney (well, not everyone's butt last year, but close). :D Keep those reviews and pics fro mthe con coming fellas!

Just a few things...

1) I hear that xstoys had that supper rare Gakken Tread there. Pictures anyone?

2) Haven't seen any pictures of Shawn in a few years... looks like you got some gray hair! We're all gettin' older! :p

3) As for the picture of Mari, I just have one word to say:

"MIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!" :D Seriously she's looking great for her age. :)

If you look carefully at the first pix of that collection, you'll see it in the middle with a clear plastic cylinder over it. ^_^

• 1 month later...

Would love to come along next year!!! since i only recently found MW i kinda missed out besides its a realy really really long way from where i live! (a prize to anyone who knows where the I.O.M. actually is!). will you be having Mari back next year? and when do u usually anounce the dates/venue?

plans for this year's con began in February of this year... I suppose if we keep the same venue, we can begin planning earlier, but we'll have to wait till near the end of this year to check the availability of the rooms. If I do host another con next year, we'll make it bigger and better for sure!