Official Macross World Con 2007 Information Thread

just added: Tom Bateman from Harmony Gold is interested in being a guest speaker at MacrossWorld Con.... He has some interesting stuff to share that a lot of us might want to see and hear...

hopefully we will draw a bigger crowd with Bateman and possibly Tommy Yune showing off some of their new stuff.....

still working on possibly getting Egan Loo to come.... =]

egan loo always comes through. He also always brings his rare and one of a kind macross pieces like macross kiddy shorts? :D:p:lol:

Anyway, for those of you who have Nintendo DS's, you should bring it so we can all play mario kart or some other multiplayer game. :D:p:lol:

If we have reps from HG in attendance, will it cause issues for some of our garage kit makers if we bring certain LARGE chunks of resin in the form of finished kits for display? I appreciate the works being created, want to see more created and don't want to see anyone get some silly C&D order.

I doubt you'll get a C & D order from those guys. If anything, they are still fans of the originals. I know both of them quite well. The only thing you really have to worry about is the lawyers there, and I think they are busy with other big stuff.

As for Mari signing stuff, why not make it more lucrative for her and charge $3 per autograph, or if you buy her CD, the signing is free? Just an idea so she doesn't feel like anyone is really taking advantage of the moment with her. And i'd limit it to 3 items per turn. At least this gives people time to get things signed, and she makes some money. Both a win win situation for everyone.

Oh, and BTW, I will donate a set of the series #1 1/100 Valkyries to the con. Hope you can use that. :D

I doubt you'll get a C & D order from those guys. If anything, they are still fans of the originals. I know both of them quite well. The only thing you really have to worry about is the lawyers there, and I think they are busy with other big stuff.

As for Mari signing stuff, why not make it more lucrative for her and charge $3 per autograph, or if you buy her CD, the signing is free? Just an idea so she doesn't feel like anyone is really taking advantage of the moment with her. And i'd limit it to 3 items per turn. At least this gives people time to get things signed, and she makes some money. Both a win win situation for everyone.

Oh, and BTW, I will donate a set of the series #1 1/100 Valkyries to the con. Hope you can use that. :D

Good idea for Mari's Autograph session, but she is already being compensated for her performance and autograph session with the registration fees. :D

I think we will just have a limit of 2 items and if you want more things signed... then get back in line!! haha... how much stuff could people want signed by Mari anyways??

And thanks for the donation for 1/100's! They will be used as prizes for all the contests we'll be having. :)

can a mod update the main page of MW to point to this year's MW Con thread????

Unless you wanna start putting up that cool Fan Artwork up again.... but i think that corner of the main page needs some updatin.... =] the same picture is ok....

can a mod update the main page of MW to point to this year's MW Con thread????

Unless you wanna start putting up that cool Fan Artwork up again.... but i think that corner of the main page needs some updatin.... =] the same picture is ok....

PM Graham, mechamaniac or Hurin...

Has anyone considered asking Mari Iijima to judge the Macross karaoke contest?

She has already been asked and she said she'd get back to me on that... haha... my guess is she's not sure she wants to here a bunch of fanboys attempt to sing songs dear to her heart... or maybe not...

We'll take signups for the contests when the event gets closer... :D

Well, I can understand hearing a bunch of fans trying to sing some of these songs and butchering them to death. I may make an attempt if the right song is provided, and it will scare people most likely... OK, maybe not. We'll see. :p

Maybe Mari won't have to hear only fanboys sing her songs.

hopefully...

but this will be totally for comedic effect. I hope no one would be taking this seriously... though I think that would be even funnier if someone was.

That'd be cool to have all the cons on a DVD to sell. Did anyone get word on what the shirts are gonna look like? I want 2. And I'm hopefully looking forward to seeing the customs. That's my favorite part. :D

That'd be cool to have all the cons on a DVD to sell. Did anyone get word on what the shirts are gonna look like? I want 2. And I'm hopefully looking forward to seeing the customs. That's my favorite part. :D

Hey Jason... has Bee talked to you about having a back up band for Mari? That would be cool, he said that you play the guitar.

well well, well.....I guess this means people will see me in person, sigh

is that a bad thing?? haha... you don't have BO or anything rite?? j/k

meeting peoples is fun!! the word is getting out about the con so it looks like we'll have good attendance this year. We're gonna have a great time!

Hey Jason... has Bee talked to you about having a back up band for Mari? That would be cool, he said that you play the guitar.

LOL, I think it got brought up very briefly, nothing official. But I'm sure she has her own band. If she asked, I'd have to practice with her. As for playing any of the Macross songs, I could play a few, but it also would depend on what key she plays them in.

for a backup band, I have my band, and we do covers of all sorts of stuff, but no anime songs, as my Japanese is, well... non-existent. But it makes for fun party music, especially if you wanted to hear a guy sing Vacation, by the Go-Gos.

Anyways, I'm gonna get started on my kits and customs again, so hopefully I'll have something new to bring that isn't so ancient like my VF-1D. The Elintseeker will be done by then. That's for sure.

Who else is bringing new customs??? B))

Check out this thread if you're interested in donating any prizes for MWcon 2007.

We will need a variety of things for all the contests we're having. Remember for those who are interested in attending to Register by June 1st in order to get in for only $10. That's only 2 months away now and time is flying by fast.

A reminder that Registration fees will be raised to $15 from June 1st - July 21st and we will take on-site registration for $20. Registration fee includes Lunch.

Are PSP games ok? or do you just want toys this time?

PSP games as prizes? i'm not sure that would work since not everyone has a PSP... But somebody might be interested in it...

PM EXO and he'll tell you if it's good or not since he's been collecting prizes for the Con for years....

I think what we've done is bundle up the games according to console so that the good game can be mixed with the ummm... not so good. We even asked ahead of time what type of console they have so we can give the prizes too people that can play them.

In an attempt to not clutter up the signup thread, are "customs" classified as toys only, or are completed model kits part of that classification?

Edited by azrhino

Dunno if you got my PM, but there is no charge for selling your items at the Con. Just PM to let me know how much space you need so i can reserve a table for you...

PLUS you need to watch your own merchandise.... all sellers are welcome!!!!

i just had an idea for contest. instead of having a contest of whos the fastest at transforming a 1/48(which i think you guys have done in the past) how about you have that same contest but do it blind folded.

i'm not sure what the prize should be?, i'm guessing something good considering the people who enter will be potentially sacrificing a 1/48. anyhow just a thought to keep things fresh and fun. :)

i just had an idea for contest. instead of having a contest of whos the fastest at transforming a 1/48(which i think you guys have done in the past) how about you have that same contest but do it blind folded.

i'm not sure what the prize should be?, i'm guessing something good considering the people who enter will be potentially sacrificing a 1/48. anyhow just a thought to keep things fresh and fun. :)

Well, i think i'm having a hard time finding attendees that are interested in doing a regular Transforming contest... I included a 1/55 TF contest for those that might be afraid of transforming their 1/48's... but i don't think anyone has expressed interest in competing...

I'm definitely going to do it... or at least i want to if i'm not a judge.... or running the event.... If enough people enter the regular contest and someone wants to do a blindfold challenge, it's possible we could add that element.... but we need contestants first..... :p

Also.... there's only about 1 month left for the regular $10 registration cutoff.... after June 1st, MWcon registration will be raised to $15.... so register now!!

This means locals too... haha.... just because i know some of you doesn't mean you can slack off!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder that there's just 2 weeks left as of tommorrow to register for MacrossWorld con for $10!!! After Friday, June 1st... registration fees WILL jump to $15

For all those planning on attending... please send me a registration email so i can process all the attendees....

this includes memebers that i've contacted to sell things as well....EVERYONE needs to register and pay so that we can cover the cost of the con...

the most important thing is to make enough so that we can cover the cost of Mari's attendance and food....

So everyone register soon!!!!

Thanks!

I just want to bring to people's attention that the elusive Macross DYRL TV special will be subbed and available for MWCon07. Free to attendees. This TV special was made known at MWCon 05 when Seiichi gave a copy to Shawn. I got a copy since then this has been a project that has been put on hold for the past 3 years. Due to no one knowing how to synch up subtitles and Shawn being really really hard to get a hold of. well Im happy to say I got the subs and working on it right now as I type this.

To sum up the version for MWCon07 will be edited down to be the pure tc show. a full version with all the japanese commericals will be for sale on MW after the con. Proceeds go straight to supporting this website and help alleviate the costs of hosting MW off of Shawn's pocketbook.

To sum up the version for MWCon07 will be edited down to be the pure tc show. a full version with all the japanese commericals will be for sale on MW after the con. Proceeds go straight to supporting this website and help alleviate the costs of hosting MW off of Shawn's pocketbook.

Thanks Sol!!

Good idea.

Any good commercials (anime related)?

Most old commercials are pryty good anyway.