Official Macross World Con 2007 Information Thread

Mechamaniac edit...

Kiririth is putting this shindig together, I'm just paraphrasing here...

C'mon out and let's support Mari folks!

Dear MacrossWorld Folks,

All news and updates about Macross World Con 2007 will be put into this thread. I will post the tentative schedule of events and will update with any news of any special guests. Thank you all for your support in making this one of the best Cons we've put on.

Bee

Macross World Con 2007 Event Details

Sunday, July 22nd, 2007

LBARC - Long Beach, CA 90806

10am-6pm

Mari Iijima

This year's con will feature special guest Mari Iijima who will be in attendance to perform at the con. We are excited to have Mari join us again this year so hopefully we can get a good size audience for her sing to us. She will also be selling her CD's and merchandise during an autograph session at the con.

MW Con Events

In addition, we will be having a variety of scheduled events and activities throughout the day including:

-Exhibition Room with Personal Collection Displays and Merchandise for sale

-Macross Customs Contest

-Video Game Tournaments

-Movie Viewings

-Yamato 1/48 VF-1 Transforming Contest

-Macross Karaoke Contest (maybe)

-Poker Tournament

-Towne Hall/Open Forum Meeting

-Other Possible Guest Speakers

We are still planning the day and I will post more specific information about each event eventually.

MacrossWorld Con 2007 Registration

This year's con will have an entrance fee that covers the cost of venue, food, and Mari's attendance. We will have registration deadlines but will also accept on site registrations. The fee schedule is as follows:

$10 - Register by June 1st, 2007

$15 - Register between June 2nd - July 21st, 2007

$20 - Register on July 22nd, 2007 at MW Con

In order to register for the con, please email MWcon2007@gmail.com with the following information:

First and Last Name

MacrossWorld Handle or ScreenName

City, State

Preffered Payment Method: Check, Money Order, or Paypal

Would you like to purchase an autographed CD from Mari: Yes or No

Be sure to include "MW Con Registration" in the title of the email. After you register, I will send you information about sending payment. After you have paid, I will send you a confirmation email of your registration and you will have a name badge prepared for you the day of the con.

I'm looking forward to putting on this Con and hope many of you will attend this year. I will update this thread with information as new things develop.

Well the problem is that Im in pittsburgh now. and no concievable venue. I was jsut spitballing to have it around Comic Con time. yeah yeah yeah there are logistical issues involved. Liek getting our collections and crap. But I figure who cares. what have we not seen in the past 5 cons that I have hosted?

I figure worst case there will be less MWCon and more Comic con!!!! getting people to show up is better I think. Liek have a dinner and jsut talk macross and other stuff. what do you think? of course i will make a shirt.

Unless someone else wants to host this year's con. I know last year we were desperate so we used Phatslappy's house. But I for one would like to steer clear of that type of get together.

you know... since Nick isn't on the west coast to plan everything out.... i'd be interested in taking a shot at organizing the Con....

I'm not sure exactly what people would like to have at MW Con.... but we could plan out some stuff....I'd need some help with this... In terms of Location, i might be able to host it at my workplace if it was on a Sunday....

i have access to a decent sized conference room, kitchen, and a smaller room we could put displays up or watch movies in.... dont' know how comfy it'd be since there's just chairs and tables but we could make it work....

haha... we could play Poker, Bang, Video Games, show off Customs, watch Macross, eat food, play poker.... talk about macross.... have some cosplayers... play some more poker...... eat some more.... anything else???

you know... since Nick isn't on the west coast to plan everything out.... i'd be interested in taking a shot at organizing the Con....

I'm not sure exactly what people would like to have at MW Con.... but we could plan out some stuff....I'd need some help with this... In terms of Location, i might be able to host it at my workplace if it was on a Sunday....

i have access to a decent sized conference room, kitchen, and a smaller room we could put displays up or watch movies in.... dont' know how comfy it'd be since there's just chairs and tables but we could make it work....

haha... we could play Poker, Bang, Video Games, show off Customs, watch Macross, eat food, play poker.... talk about macross.... have some cosplayers... play some more poker...... eat some more.... anything else???

That's a great idea. And we can get your yung'uns to be hostesses... :lol:

So you from around the Orange County area kiririth ..?? Your idea sounds great..what kinda location you talking?

a hospital confrence room?confrence room at a paper company? (Dundler Mifflin love The Office haaa)

post-698-1171019618_thumb.jpg

Edited by orguss01

That's a great idea. And we can get your yung'uns to be hostesses... :lol:

haha.... if you'd want cute asian jailbait High School girlies serving us drinks.... I'd invte some of my youth to come if they're interested in Anime mecha and stuff...

I work at the ARC in Long Beach. Our chapter has some conference rooms that i'd be able to reserve for events. I could say it's an event for my youth volunteers, and have some of them attend and it should be fine to use it.

I'll check the schedule to see what dates are available around June/Comic Con/AX time.... We could start planning this now....

any suggestions or objections???

Edited by kiririth

Sounds good! Keep us posted.

kiririth's location isn pretty cool. They had 2 rooms with a kitchen in the middle. Plenty of tables and chairs. And if anyone got hurt, there's all the donated blood in the freezer. I recommend the B postitive cuz it looks like the O negatives were starting to curdle.

Does anyone want to do another MW Con Poker Tourney??? Although i said in my 1st post that we could play Poker at the con.... that would be a side thing during the actual event....

i wouldn't be able to host an actual tournament at the Chapter so i'm saying if you wanted to organize a tourney... it'd have to be somewhere else....

Just to throw that out there.... Here are the dates that i have available to use my workplace...

Sunday, June 10

Sunday, July 1

Sunday, July 8

Sunday, July 22

Sunday, July 29

Not many people have really replied or commented about being interested in a Con this year... Are people out there wanting to attend a MW Con in Long Beach, CA????

Does anyone want to do another MW Con Poker Tourney??? Although i said in my 1st post that we could play Poker at the con.... that would be a side thing during the actual event....

i wouldn't be able to host an actual tournament at the Chapter so i'm saying if you wanted to organize a tourney... it'd have to be somewhere else....

Just to throw that out there.... Here are the dates that i have available to use my workplace...

Sunday, June 10

Sunday, July 1

Sunday, July 8

Sunday, July 22

Sunday, July 29

Not many people have really replied or commented about being interested in a Con this year... Are people out there wanting to attend a MW Con in Long Beach, CA????

well SDCC is the 26-29. So maybe the 22? Dont forget that those of us who apply early for SDCC get to go Wed. 25 for the Preview night.

go for it kiririth, no jailbait girlies but you can bring those girls from college in your thread...dressed up in moon act minmay outfits this time :D

as for the date, i usually don't know my schedule until a month prior so not gonna say much about it. just pick one and if i'm here, i'm here...

I'm down to play poker...maybe we can play at phatslappy's again...and we can just play for cash right? i don't need to play for no stinking toys!

ooooo... what could be the grand prize this year??? wonder when the SV-51 is scheduled for release..... haha... the poker tourney is used to pay for the food for the con and stuff...

I'm thinking of having different areas we can display stuff, sell stuff, have the usual customs contest... food stuff.... continual macross episodes running on a projector.....

maybe run some different Video game tourneys.... what else are people interested in???

I'd definately be interested in going to a MW Con this year, especially since last year I cut my attendance short due to Anime Expo. It's still pretty early, I'm guessing a lot of people just aren't ready to commit to attending, yet.

shame on them haha. They arent hard core enough !!!!!! haha j/k cmon what else is gonn go on? I say July 22. I will try to convince some of the east coasters here to go and then go to SDCC.

Yeah, Kiririth has a good spot for holding the con. There are plenty of chairs and the rooms are freaking big which means things won't have to be so splintered as they were in past years. That means we should be able included more people in everything so that we don't have the one or two guys stuck guarding the customs.

Well the problem is that Im in pittsburgh now. and no concievable venue. I was jsut spitballing to have it around Comic Con time. yeah yeah yeah there are logistical issues involved. Liek getting our collections and crap. But I figure who cares. what have we not seen in the past 5 cons that I have hosted?

I figure worst case there will be less MWCon and more Comic con!!!! getting people to show up is better I think. Liek have a dinner and jsut talk macross and other stuff. what do you think? of course i will make a shirt.

Unless someone else wants to host this year's con. I know last year we were desperate so we used Phatslappy's house. But I for one would like to steer clear of that type of get together.

Why not come and have the meet up thing at Tekkoshocon? They have Mari confirmed as coming. :D

They are also in Pittsburgh.

Well.... Since several people think it's a good idea to hold to con at my work... i need to book the date and reserve it now and to make sure nothing else is going on that day....

I think July 22nd is also a good date to hold it since it's in the middle of the Con season but close enough for people like Nick to come out for this and SDCC Comic-Con.....

So unless there's any objections, here's the information of the date and location of MW Con 2007

Date: Sunday, July 22nd, 2007

Time: 10am

In order to not affiliate my workplace with MW Con, we will call the location LBARC. Since this is not an LBARC sponsored event, i have to maintain seperation and not use the full name of my workplace.

Now that we have a date and place, we can start organizing the events of the Con... people can start planning to attend or not... details will be posted as soon as we come up with logistics....

SAVE THE DATE!!! JULY 22nd!!!

Wouldn't it be better for West coast at least one last time?

I mean cmon 25th anniversary, something special might happen ya know? ;)

I'm trying to get in contact with head of AX reps to do something special for Macross at AX this year.

It may sound a long way off, but it never hurts to try, and it is its 25th anniversary, its never going to happen again so why not? :)

Wouldn't it be better for West coast at least one last time?

I mean cmon 25th anniversary, something special might happen ya know? ;)

I'm trying to get in contact with head of AX reps to do something special for Macross at AX this year.

It may sound a long way off, but it never hurts to try, and it is its 25th anniversary, its never going to happen again so why not? :)

kiririth is west coast... Long Beach! This is gonna be a great set up.

Dear MacrossWorld Folks,

All news and updates about Macross World Con 2007 will be put into this thread. I will post the tentative schedule of events and will update with any news of any special guests. Thank you all for your support in making this one of the best Cons we've put on.

Bee

Macross World Con 2007 Event Details

Sunday, July 22nd, 2007

LBARC - Long Beach, CA 90806

10am-6pm

Mari Iijima

This year's con will feature special guest Mari Iijima who will be in attendance to perform at the con. We are excited to have Mari join us again this year so hopefully we can get a good size audience for her sing to us. She will also be selling her CD's and merchandise during an autograph session at the con.

MW Con Events

In addition, we will be having a variety of scheduled events and activities throughout the day including:

-Exhibition Room with Personal Collection Displays and Merchandise for sale

-Macross Customs Contest

-Video Game Tournaments

-Movie Viewings

-Yamato 1/48 VF-1 Transforming Contest

-Macross Karaoke Contest (maybe)

-Poker Tournament

-Towne Hall/Open Forum Meeting

-Other Possible Guest Speakers

We are still planning the day and I will post more specific information about each event eventually.

MacrossWorld Con 2007 Registration

This year's con will have an entrance fee that covers the cost of venue, food, and Mari's attendance. We will have registration deadlines but will also accept on site registrations. The fee schedule is as follows:

$10 - Register by June 1st, 2007

$15 - Register between June 2nd - July 21st, 2007

$20 - Register on July 22nd, 2007 at MW Con

In order to register for the con, please email MWcon2007@gmail.com with the following information:

First and Last Name

MacrossWorld Handle or ScreenName

City, State

Preffered Payment Method: Check, Money Order, or Paypal

Would you like to purchase an autographed CD from Mari: Yes or No

Be sure to include "MW Con Registration" in the title of the email. After you register, I will send you information about sending payment. After you have paid, I will send you a confirmation email of your registration and you will have a name badge prepared for you the day of the con.

I'm looking forward to putting on this Con and hope many of you will attend this year. I will update this thread with information as new things develop.

Edited by kiririth

This post will be upated with information about MW Con events such as the details and rules of the Customs Contest and Tournaments.

Oh... and can a Mod pin this thread an lock the other one??? thanks Mechamaniac for getting the ball rolling on this year's con!!

Edited by kiririth