Variable Fighter Fan Works

joseph

When I first started getting back into Macross in mid-2001 I fiddled around with a VD (hah) or Variable Destroid concept. I staretd with a Variable Spartan idea. Now that I look back, I'm not very happy with the aesthetic design, but I still think the concept is neat. Variable Destroids would be like the A-10's or helicopters of our time. Cheaper, less advanced, but highly mobile platforms.

:o I really like that VD

It would be nice if something like that is entered into the Macross, probably as a bomber more than a fighter, it looks to chunky in fighter mode.

When I first started getting back into Macross in mid-2001 I fiddled around with a VD (hah) or Variable Destroid concept. I staretd with a Variable Spartan idea. Now that I look back, I'm not very happy with the aesthetic design, but I still think the concept is neat. Variable Destroids would be like the A-10's or helicopters of our time. Cheaper, less advanced, but highly mobile platforms.

That´s really great.

I never understood why only the Monster got renewed with the VB-6 Koenig monster and there was never a variable Spartan , your concept kicks ass.

:o I really like that VD

It would be nice if something like that is entered into the Macross, probably as a bomber more than a fighter, it looks to chunky in fighter mode.

Well, my thinking behind the concept is that the Destroids are severely lacking in mobility. The variable idea would allow it to move to different positions on a battlefield rather quickly (as opposed to lumbering there like the do regularly.

I never understood why only the Monster got renewed with the VB-6 Koenig monster and there was never a variable Spartan , your concept kicks ass.

All the things a Spartan can do are already performed by a Valkyrie, and better. A VF-1 has 4 times the agility of a Spartan. Given transformation, costs would rise eliminating Spartan advantages... mainly cheapness.

On the other side a Valkyrie can't hit hard something 50 km afar, thus a variable Monster.

Btw, that variable Spartan was great ;)

FV

• 11 years later...

WARNING! Dead thread resurrection.. I think this is a new record yes? on or about's 11 years, 2 months & 4 days! :o hey I was bored so I went digging through the ages past..

Its funny to look back at these old member created early VF-30 concept drawings of over a decade ago and then to see what the YF-30 actually came into existence as!

These concepts done by forum member Joseph of the 30 being pretty much an evolution of the 19 still look fairly interesting! There are others in the thread too such as a variable destroid which is another interesting idea.. although did someone say Konig Monster!? ;)

VF-30 Aurora in top view. laugh.gif

vf_30_aurora.gif

I hope that also you like the version with FaST Packs of the VF-30.

VF_30B_fast_packs_top_view.gif

The previous version of the VF-30 Aurora is forgotten sad.gif, this is the new design laugh.gif.

vf_30_aurora_tv.gif
I hope that the new changes like you. smile.gif

WARNING! Dead thread resurrection.. I think this is a new record yes? on or about's 11 years, 2 months & 4 days! :o hey I was bored so I went digging through the ages past..

Its funny to look back at these old member created early VF-30 concept drawings of over a decade ago and then to see what the YF-30 actually came into existence as!

These concepts done by forum member Joseph of the 30 being pretty much an evolution of the 19 still look fairly interesting! There are others in the thread too such as a variable destroid which is another interesting idea.. although did someone say Konig Monster!? ;)

Good Lord, that middle pic. He came up with the VF-27...