Ignacio Ocamica

Yamato YF-19, Toy of the Year or POS  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Yamato YF-19, Toy of the Year or POS

• Great toy, totally satisfied!!!
    • Could have been worse/better
    • It's a total POS!

Ok, time for a poll!!!

Since there's been a great controversy around the 1/60 YF-19 lately, let's see the crude truth in numbers!!

No wars please!!! YAMATO HATERS and YAMATO DEFENDERS OF THE FAITH CLUB keep this thread civil :lol::lol:

I workship Yamato by the way :lol:

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Me Too. I think alot of the complaints are now bordering on the absurd. Are there legitimate concerns, sure but I've yet to encounter an perfect toy and and perfect manufacturer. Most of the knocks againsty the 19 are easily fixable by your average modeller. Just my .02.

Me Too. I think alot of the complaints are now bordering on the absurd. Are there legitimate concerns, sure but I've yet to encounter an perfect toy and and perfect manufacturer. Most of the knocks againsty the 19 are easily fixable by your average modeller. Just my .02.

"Bordering the absurd", that is my exact feeling.

I'm just asking for a vote you like it, you don't!!

I think u need more options. I picked 2, because its not exactly a POS but neither does it deserve the TOTY title. TOTY is definately won by SOC Gunbuster IMHO.

Price vs Features for the YF-19 is not very justifiable imho.

I think it is an outstanding representation of the 19, sure it has problems but it is definately not a POS.

I think it was worth the price more or less.

But yeah some of the rants have been a little over the top.

When dealing with it you have to ask yourself. . . .

Were you really truely happy with the 1/72?

Many fans said it was too small, but nice. . .

Were the Bandai versions really a better form?

Sure they may not have the QC issues of Yamato, but there were some gripes about them too. . .

Just comparing it to any previous versions shows the advancement in design and how they wanted to give it the best effort. . .

Sure it could be better but is there really any other choice? ? ?

So buy or don't buy its up to you. . .

The 19 is gorgeous, who can deny it? The only real POSs are ones who didn't THINK it through during the CAD process and subsequent planning for materials/manufacturing.

A bit harsh but I agree, it´s not the toy itself, it was designed beautifuly, certainly the best YF-19 toy rendition to date, but the thing is...Yamato is just too careless when it comes to releasing the best possible manufactured toy.They just don´t spend enough time inspecting all the possible flaws thoroughly before releasing these toys. :mellow:

It´s as if they wanted to release as much toys as they can in a short period of time, I don´t know if it is because these toys are selling like pancakes (wasn´t macross supposed to be dead anyway? :rolleyes: ) or because they want make the most out of their macross license before we all retire :lol:

I voted for could have been worse/better... but only because there wasn't an option for: great design/sloppy execution. As it is, I'm very satisfied with my YF-19. I don't mind the small things too much and I think the 1/60 blows the 1/72 version right out of the air.

Ya know, my second edition 1/72 YF19 is less problematic than the current 1/60 YF19... no breakages, no stressmarks, no tab-B ED breakage... it plays and displays beautifully. It's Battroid looks more agressive than the current incarnation. But what's the point in comparison? I was smart to hold back for a second edition back then but not smart enough to it this time.

GARR! What the hell am I saying... Should have voted POS instead. Too late now. :lol:

I'll refrain from voting, cause I don't own one yet.

The results thus far really surprise me, with all the b!tching that has been going on lately I expected a lot more people to vote POS. Looks like the YF-19 isn't such a bad toy after all.

Most of us who are burned are just being nice. You shouldn't discount the fact that fans here are more forgiving with Yamato despite the repeat transgressions. Had it been another company, the results will be different.

I voted for could have been worse/better... but only because there wasn't an option for: great design/sloppy execution. As it is, I'm very satisfied with my YF-19. I don't mind the small things too much and I think the 1/60 blows the 1/72 version right out of the air.

I agree it is a good looking toy but there room for improvement

i wonder if there was this much b!tchin when the 1/48 first came out?

probably not. :rolleyes:

Not so much because they ACTUALLY delivered most of their promises. Some of the complaints were the very few BP8 cracking cases due to being forced past their stress point, some double limbs, hip rubber seepage, intake socket block cracking. But back then they were new. We see the little fvck-ups and went, "...Awww, how cute!" But to go from the point of mastering the transforming toy learning curve to being an experienced company creating this VF0A&S and 1/60 YF19 fiasco, REPEATING THE SAME MISTAKES OVER AND OVER, I'd say the b*tching and ranting is warranted. :rolleyes:

Edited by Beware of Blast

REPEATING THE SAME MISTAKES OVER AND OVER, I'd say the b*tching and ranting is warranted. :rolleyes:

they're 2 different toys so you can't really lump them together.

repeating the same mistake would require that they continued to make the same mistakes on the SAME TOY.

the YF-19 is a brand NEW toy, with a totally NEW design.

hopefully future releases will be fixed, if not then you can accuse them of making the same mistakes over and over. ;)

they're 2 different toys so you can't really lump them together.

repeating the same mistake would require that they continued to make the same mistakes on the SAME TOY.

the YF-19 is a brand NEW toy, with a totally NEW design.

hopefully future releases will be fixed, if not then you can accuse them of making the same mistakes over and over. ;)

That´s true, BUT, in order to make any of these transforming toys they have to follow a certain methodology that should not be new with every new toy.

What BoB is trying to say, I think, is that they should´ve mastered this methodology a long time ago. it´s been more than 6 years since the first Yamato toys, and when you´ve been making these kind of toys for such a long time you should have some degree of experience as to what kind of materials & mechanisms to use on a toy.

I think they did a pretty good job DESIGNING the YF-19, but not such a good job on testing it. These toys are meant to be transformed and handled on a regular basis ( not daily but certainly from time to time ), if not, why make them transformable in the first place ? that´s why I think they should make durability their top priority before actually selling these valks.

Mind you, this is actually coming from a guy that´s had zero problems with his Yamato toys. I don´t think Yamato is a bad company at all, I´m forever grateful they´re in the market making all these toys no one bothered to make before. I just whish they would spend some more time testing and checking the QC of these toys before releasing them.

just my opinion.

I think they did a pretty good job DESIGNING the YF-19, but not such a good job on testing it. These toys are meant to be transformed and handled on a regular basis ( not daily but certainly from time to time ), if not, why make them transformable in the first place ? that´s why I think they should make durability their top priority before actually selling these valks.

maybe i'm just lucky but i play with my YF-19 all the time, i've probably TF'ed it 30 times already and i haven't had a single issue, not a single one.

while i handle my toys gently, who's to say those people with problems are also being gentle? keep in my "gentle handling" might be someones defintion of "rough handling" and vise versa so when someone says, "i was being gentle", it can mean anything.

if people can't figure out how to handle the toy/transform it properly, they should just return it. sorry but the harsh reality is, people who are intelectually challenged(my nice way of saying too stupid to figure it out) shouldn't blame anyone but themselves.

Mind you, this is actually coming from a guy that´s had zero problems with his Yamato toys. I don´t think Yamato is a bad company at all, I´m forever grateful they´re in the market making all these toys no one bothered to make before. I just whish they would spend some more time testing and checking the QC of these toys before releasing them.

just my opinion.

this i can agree with. i rather dislike paying out the butt for one of their toys and it having some MAJOR issues, but minor ones like the crooked GP and LG's don't bother me a bit, i think its just people having nothing else to talk about, no one else to blame, so they b1tch and moan about something trivial....yeah for the interweb!

The finacee informed me that the box arrived today, so I'll be able to vote soon.

The crooked gunpod and landing gear might irk me a bit, but overall I really won't mind too much (especially since there are fixes for those). What will bug me is if any of the breakage occurs. Which will resort in me having to repack and return to BBTS.

I think why the YF-19 is getting loads of crap was the price. Okay, the original 1/48 VF-1's may have had problems, but look at the price? $130-145 bucks. Still no chump change (some parts on my car costed that much), but a little easier on the wallet then 200 bucks.

I'm hoping all is well when I open mine up.

I like the toy. There's always room for improvements. I wish they were done beforehand, but that's the price we pay sometimes for the "can't wait, gotta get it now" approach. I'm happy with mine. Not the greatest toy, by no means the worst toy, but it's in between. A good toy. :D