Toynami Announces Masterpiece Cyclones at Toyfair

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

jaun·ty (jôn'tē, jän'-) Pronunciation Key

adj. jaun·ti·er, jaun·ti·est

Having a buoyant or self-confident air; brisk.

Crisp and dapper in appearance; natty.

I totally want a dapper, debonair transforming robot!

post-659-1183564832_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

I'm sure it will get pushed back even later than that. I don't think any Toynami toy has ever been released anywhere close to schedule (maybe Voltron, I don't recall).

In the meantime every other Ride Armor toy that's coming out before then will effectively erase any anticipation for the Toynami release.

MPC Cyclone pics look awesome. Then again, that's what I thought about their Alpha fighters too. And when I actually got the Alpha, I was EXTREMELY disappointed ..... let's hope Crapnami has better QC standards this time around ....

:ph34r:

..... let's hope Crapnami has better QC standards this time around ....

:ph34r:

Unfortunately that is the phrase that Toynami should adopt as their motto. I'm not a card-carrying Toynami basher or anything and am quite happy with their Voltron and Alpha Morphers, but everything else I've ever bought from them (MPC VF, Superposable Alpha, I-men, VF Morphers, MPC Alpha, Lain doll) has been pretty terrible in quality. I have absolutely no rational reason to believe the QC of their Cyclone is going to be any better. I HOPE it is, like I always hope, but they've just painted themselves into a crappy corner.

And in response to TheLoneWolf, I wouldn't be surprised at all if their latest delay is because they want to tweak things based on the recent pics of the other companies Ride Armor toys. Toynami's other motto should be "We believe imitation is the highest form of flattery!".

I like the more mature looking head sculpt on the Toynami MP but by the time they chuck anything out, even Beagle could have already sold their yet to be seen take on the cyclone. Add to that their QC track record (and the latest Aoshima flop is not making things better) and you get very little, if any expectation.

I don't think it looks that bad. In fact, I think that the joints, as big as they are, look pretty decent. At least they look like you can move them without worrying about snapping something off like the Alphas. I'll probably only get the Megahouse one and possibly the CM one if it's really cheap b/c I like small scale stuff.

I think the Toynami Cyclone LOOKS just fine in the photos we've seen. The problem is that Toynami has proven time and again that what you see in prototype pics and what you end up holding in your hands are two drastically different things. Kind of like being in a fast food place and seeing that big glossy photo of a burger piled high and loaded with fresh toppings...and then you sit down and frown at your wrapped sack of sh!t.

I think the Toynami Cyclone LOOKS just fine in the photos we've seen. The problem is that Toynami has proven time and again that what you see in prototype pics and what you end up holding in your hands are two drastically different things. Kind of like being in a fast food place and seeing that big glossy photo of a burger piled high and loaded with fresh toppings...and then you sit down and frown at your wrapped sack of sh!t.

That is a great analogy. I fall for that every time too. I am like, "ohhh, juicy burger!" pay for it and then am like, "ewwww, nasty crap. Why do I keep doing this to my self?". What I hate more is when toys packaging has a kick ass image on the cover that has been computer enhanced and you think that it is going to be an awesome toy but then when you open it up you see the cheesy materials and lack of detail that the toy actually has. What deceptive let down.

this is the most perfectest analogy. :lol:

i have my reserves about this one as well as any/all other companies with the macross license.

it seems that mediocrity is contagious.

Btw.. is it the cameralens or is the front of the bike a bit out of proportion?

It looks too big to me.. and the rear is too small and short. The action figure is too large.

Funny.. when Stick leans foward he might get his feet caught by the rear wheel... dismembering hell...

O...wait this isn't based on the Gakken one .. eww

How hard is it to be accurate? Makes me feel sad.

Edited by Kin

Agreed. I still remember those promo pics of the Alpha with that gorgeous fighter mode were everything locked in place just right, only to find out afterwards that that was a fighter-mode-only sample <_<

Me too. Unless Toynami shows improved proto pics, I'm with Megahouse. Toynami's still looks too eighties to me. I specially hate that huge elbow joint UGH! Makes it look like a Fisher Price toy. That and the QC thing makes for an easy desicion for me.

yeah and the shoulder pads are too chunky and weird.

I still prefer this design to Beagle/Megahouse with that freakishly long neck and other exxaterated joints. I'll probably end up getting several of each, but it's just a matter of taste.