Transformers Super Thread 5

Just bought the Barricade police car and read the instructions, and now I'm having problems with it not locking up back in car mode. Will try again later.

Anyone know if they are releasing a better version of Barricade? Ala Ultimate Bumblebee. Or at least a Barricade and Bumblebee on the scale of the Altenators/Binaltech line?

Just bought the Barricade police car and read the instructions, and now I'm having problems with it not locking up back in car mode. Will try again later.

You have to fidget it just right.

*fidgets with Barricade*

That's odd.... It USED to line up...

<edit>

Hey, I finally got it to latch in! It only took.... 10 minutes of fidgeting? I THINK I had the double-knees latched in the wrong ratchet points, but hell if I can say for sure.

</edit>

Remember when you just folded the car in half and pulled the trunk down?

Yeah, those were the days. If this is the price we pay for joints, than QBert articulation. QBert it up the ass.

Edited by JB0

I dunno that this has anything to do with added articulation. I don't have that problem with any of my Alternators, Masterpiece toys, or movie Prime and Ironhide. Not to mention the Classics I have. All of those have pretty snazzy articulation (except for a couple of the Alternators, like Sideswipe and Sunstreaker's legs).

I've gotta ask--RichterX, did you read the instructions, or simply try transforming it yourself the first time? (I don't have one yet, but have seen many horror stories, so I'm worried/paranoid)

No instructions, didn't figure it was the automorph mechanism until i saw the instructions, I bought, Jazz, Brawl and Barricade and had no problem manually transforming them... i am upset that the automorph in Bumblebee snap from manually transforming it, after all the challenge with Tranformers figures are to Transform them with out seeing the instructions the first time...

I am going to try to exchange it at the store

Wow. That's quite depressing. Sad story.

That's a story for the history books, for sure...

Anyone know if they are releasing a better version of Barricade? Ala Ultimate Bumblebee. Or at least a Barricade and Bumblebee on the scale of the Altenators/Binaltech line?
Probably not. I think they went with rough scale for most of the normal cars and trucks in this line

I went to Target today and picked up the Deluxe Bumblebee (2008 Camaro edition). Of all the Deluxe toys I've tested, this is, by far, the best of the bunch. Robot mode may not be 100% true to the film version, but the proportions are way better than the old Camaro version. Yes, there are some flaws like a misaligned stripe job on the rear end and an off-center Autobot emblem on the chest (and a lack of one on the forehead), but the Automorph features on the legs and chest are brilliantly engineered.

Good luck on finding one, though. I managed to get mine by chance, as one of the salespeople just took it out of a shipping box along with Deluxe Arcee and Dreadwing.

Edited by areaseven

I went to Target today and picked up the Deluxe Bumblebee (2008 Camaro edition). Of all the Deluxe toys I've tested, this is, by far, the best of the bunch. Robot mode may not be 100% true to the film version, but the proportions are way better than the old Camaro version. Yes, there are some flaws like a misaligned stripe job on the rear end and an off-center Autobot emblem on the chest (and a lack of one on the forehead), but the Automorph features on the legs and chest are brilliantly engineered.

Good luck on finding one, though. I managed to get mine by chance, as one of the salespeople just took it out of a shipping box along with Deluxe Arcee and Dreadwing.

Did you happen to see what wave number was marked on the box? Who else was in the box?

Went to Target today, nada. Our Target is pretty "strict" about new stuff the past few months---it's on the shelves when the planogram says it MUST be, and not an hour before.

The release date is the 14th, since your store is strict they will probably only start selling on saturday. Select walmarts are getting these early, and some will get them in on the 13th, and sell on monday or tuesday. Some, however will have them this week. Select walmarts will have them to gauge interest for xmas sales. The ones that do this, will have big displays for this and the anniversary gijoes, and will have the displays up by saturday(14th).

Sad, That she's trying to sell of her husbands prize collection for a cool 1 mil.

That lady's smoking crack. If I died and my wife tried to sell off my collection so she could run off with a man half her age i'd be crawling out of my grave. That's why I make sure none of my toys are left mint. They all come out of the box.

Bumblebee is easily the best deluxe of the line (so far) and oneof the best deluxes in years.

Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream in ppackage pics.

New Bumblebee, Final Battle Jazz, Dreadwing and Arcee are wave 2 of the deluxes.
Final Battle Jazz isn't in this wave. He's in the next one. Latest wave is mostly BB, some Arcee and Dreadwing with a couple of older toys. Edited by Fit For Natalie

Bumblebee is easily the best deluxe of the line (so far) and oneof the best deluxes in years.

Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream in ppackage pics.

Final Battle Jazz isn't in this wave. He's in the next one. Latest wave is mostly BB, some Arcee and Dreadwing with a couple of older toys.

I'm so glad I passed up on Greenscream.

I was able to get the New BB last night at Target I passed an Arcee though...she looked nice but it would have been an impulse buy to get her........I hope I don't regret not getting her. Anyway, the new BB is very nice. Looks pretty darn close to what he looked like in the movie and the automorph is pretty cool on this one too ie the chast an legs. Really glad I was able to get this one. BTW, is Barricade a good deluxe? I'd like to get someone to go with BB.

Chris

I was able to get the New BB last night at Target I passed an Arcee though...she looked nice but it would have been an impulse buy to get her........I hope I don't regret not getting her. Anyway, the new BB is very nice. Looks pretty darn close to what he looked like in the movie and the automorph is pretty cool on this one too ie the chast an legs. Really glad I was able to get this one. BTW, is Barricade a good deluxe? I'd like to get someone to go with BB.

Chris

Yes Barricade is good, a lot more fun than I thought he'd be an Frenzy provides for a nice accessory interactive with Barricade's robot and alt modes. The range of motion is very good, however the spring launched arm is annoying as it does not lock into place securely.