Transformers Super Thread 5

MINOR SEMI-SPOILER.

In adaptations based on the movies, Bumblebee lost his ability to speak after encountering a pissed off Megatron (who was not so pissed as to just kill BB outright, apparently) ...

END SPOILER

Bumblebee "suffers" from Starscream Syndrome?

Perceptor's around, but he tells everybody that their wounds are fatal. :p

Of course he's going to pronounce your injuries fatal. Perceptor isn't a doctor he's a scientist. He's just waiting for you to die so he can dissect you.

TF MOVIE RULE.

ANYTHING THAT'S IN THE MOVIE BOOKS DON'T GET DISCUSSED UNLESS YOU SPOILER IT. IE. USE WHITE TEXT.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.

(can you tell I'm a little pissed off?)

Sorry man, the part I mentioned isn't in the movie at all, so I didn't think it would be a spoiler. I don't even think they mention that in the movie.

BTW the only guys that might want the Ultimate Bumblebee figure are the ones that buy ALL the movie merchandise, and animatronic toy fans. Fans that like robosapien and roboraptor. I look at Ultimate BB as a robosapien-like transformer. The lack of a right elbow joint, a short right arm, and no realistic interior for the car aside opaque glass wasn't the greatest news for me.

Concept Camaro Bumblebee deluxe for me all the way!

Anyone see the deluxe Arcee coming out? I hope we see it in silver, which is her color in the prequel books.

Sorry man, the part I mentioned isn't in the movie at all, so I didn't think it would be a spoiler. I don't even think they mention that in the movie.

BTW the only guys that might want the Ultimate Bumblebee figure are the ones that buy ALL the movie merchandise, and animatronic toy fans. Fans that like robosapien and roboraptor. I look at Ultimate BB as a robosapien-like transformer. The lack of a right elbow joint, a short right arm, and no realistic interior for the car aside opaque glass wasn't the greatest news for me.

Concept Camaro Bumblebee deluxe for me all the way!

Anyone see the deluxe Arcee coming out? I hope we see it in silver, which is her color in the prequel books.

I want the Ultimate Bumblebee because he's big and cool looking. I don't care about owning all the merchanidise, and I generally loath anamatronic toys. Cease this Ultimate Bumblebee lovers prejudice. :p

I'm looking forward to getting Ultimate BB and all I have from the line so far is Leader Prime and Voyager Ironhide. UBB has a great looking car mode and is the only transforming BB in the line that is GRAY and yellow. UBB has a fairly accurate robot mode aside from the chest. The arms and legs look to have all the correct panels. I like the light-up eyes as well. I don't care about the animitronic features. I'd prefer clear windows, although, I suppose the electronics are a fair trade off for the interior and clear windows.

Well, looks like I was wrong. It does look like it might be fun, but I the concept camaro deluxe Bumblebee gives me more of what I want.

Once you guys get Ultimate BB please posts thoughts/pics. I wanted it when it was unveiled at toyfair, however upon reading a review and realizing it lacked a functional right elbow, detailed interior and clear plastic windows, I decided not to get it.

One thing that I wish hasbro would make is a deluxe Bumblebee with his battle mask. Come to think of it, Prime and Jazz might be the only autobots with ther battle mask sculpted on.

Well, looks like I was wrong. It does look like it might be fun, but I the concept camaro deluxe Bumblebee gives me more of what I want.

Once you guys get Ultimate BB please posts thoughts/pics. I wanted it when it was unveiled at toyfair, however upon reading a review and realizing it lacked a functional right elbow, detailed interior and clear plastic windows, I decided not to get it.

One thing that I wish hasbro would make is a deluxe Bumblebee with his battle mask. Come to think of it, Prime and Jazz might be the only autobots with ther battle mask sculpted on.

If the movie is a big hit I'm sure we will have plenty of varient figures like that. Is anyone else optimistic like me and almost sure that Ultimate Bumblebee's chest is mistransformed in all the pics we've seen of him?

Edited by GobotFool

Found Leader Megs today. If you pick one up, try out the automorphing before you buy---they varied widely in how well they worked. Focus on the two chest armor plates that move horizontally---half of the ones I tried were very uneven or one side didn't really move at all.

Ya know, I was never sure what the automorph was on Blackout.....He's such a floppy mess during transformation that I probably broke it because I'm pretty sure I manually rotated the cockpit area.

Chris

Has anyone gotten a blackout whose automorphing feature allows for the cockpit in vehicle mode to line up properly?

I thought mine was like that out of the box, however I realized that while the cockpit lined up, the legs did not peg in tightly to the fueselage. I took mine apart, made sure the black panels that fold were straightened out while lifting the gears slightly away from each other, then reattached the gears, and then screwed the cockpit section back on. Doing this makes the black panels straight in alt mode, lines up the cockpit correctly, and lets the legs fit more flush and secure with the fueselage.

*To take apart the cockpit, unscrew the 2 screws on the right side, remove the panel, then unscrew the screw attached to the gear.*

So far, I do not know if I did this right, but I lift up the nose to expose the head and in doing so the legs/waist swing down and the black back panels fold while the back folds. This while the sides/arms are still plugged into their slots in alt mode. Did I do the automorph right?

Ya know, I was never sure what the automorph was on Blackout.....He's such a floppy mess during transformation that I probably broke it because I'm pretty sure I manually rotated the cockpit area.

Chris

It might still be fixable, I don't think you broke it, you probably just shifted the gear out of place. Just unscrew it, realign the gears, and screw the cockpit panel back on.

From what I've heard, Lead Class Megs is pretty bad, head can't turn, it was also remolded so it doesn't match the box, the launcher arm doesn't work and alot of the parts dont line up right in flight mode.

From what I've heard, Lead Class Megs is pretty bad, head can't turn, it was also remolded so it doesn't match the box, the launcher arm doesn't work and alot of the parts dont line up right in flight mode.

The launcher arm is a fast fix. Just crack open the gun arm, take out the spring, place it in the launcher arm and voila. A gun arm that stays in place and a launcher arm that fires. What mold changes did they make? I didn't really notice any. The main difference I noticed was a crappier paintjob than what is shown on the box.

The launcher arm is a fast fix. Just crack open the gun arm, take out the spring, place it in the launcher arm and voila. A gun arm that stays in place and a launcher arm that fires. What mold changes did they make? I didn't really notice any. The main difference I noticed was a crappier paintjob than what is shown on the box.

Its mainly the head aside the paint job. The head pictured on the back of the box was of the original design/prototype. The head on the actual toy is closer to the headshot in the profile pic on the front of the box.

I've heard different things about Megatron. The vague instruction manual does not help buyer's perceptions at all. Luckily you brought up the spring switch, which makes it better, and it was also cool a few weeks back when someone first discovered how to actually make the fusion cannon. I think the mold looks great, but the paint apps could have been much better. I will say, it looks better in person than it does online(though the same can be said about the entire movie line).

The head being visible in jet mold has a ton of complaints, but it is faithful to the CGI concept art, so even if it was hidden better, it doesn't mask the fact that even in the CGI, the head is still on top of the jet. Hasbro can't take the blame for that one. I don't mind the jet mode so much, it looks huge and definitely alien.

I get the feeling Leader Brawl will be the better Decepticon "leader" for the toys.

DUDE! Don't say that, you'll give ammo to the 'Brawl is Megatron' conspiracy theorists!

That thought occured to me a few times, would be awesome if they did that as a major tease. ;)

I honestly think megs would look alot better if the wings were at least 6 inches longer.

Edited by GobotFool

I think he'd look better ifyou could take the wings off........or keep folding them......some stupid thing then to have them stick out in robot mode and take up needless shelf space for the other figures.

Folding them any further will just stuff up his already wonky center of gravity, as they would only be able to pile on top of the nose cone, making him harder to stand, and take up more shelf space - because a wide figure is less annoying to place in the back of the shelving unit than a figure that has alot of crap on his back.

Ummmmm..... Why is every cartoon being done in that powerpuff/Dexterslab/samurai jack, style these days? I mean it was cool and it worked for those cartoons, but seriously, this is getting out of hand.

I was wondering when that pic'd show up here. I'll make a prediction:

We might have the greatest "toy vs TV" appearance discrepancy since G1. Because there's no way THAT Prime can transform into ANYTHING with those proportions.

Alternately: That's not a robot. That's a superhero in red and blue, with a mask.

I was wondering when that pic'd show up here. I'll make a prediction:

We might have the greatest "toy vs TV" appearance discrepancy since G1. Because there's no way THAT Prime can transform into ANYTHING with those proportions.

Alternately: That's not a robot. That's a superhero in red and blue, with a mask.

Nah. Just to be super cheap they'll make the toys paper craft stuff that you have to DL for 20 bucks a piece. :wacko: