Transformers Super Thread 5

I can't believe that the Classics line is on hold, or rumoured to be over. I want them to continue. So many others to make. This is the way TFs should be.

I know! I love em. I am bummed that the Movie toys are next in line to take over. I hope after the Movie run they make some more.

I can't believe that the Classics line is on hold, or rumoured to be over. I want them to continue. So many others to make. This is the way TFs should be.

Classics was only filler, the movie was originally to be released in November 2006, right after Cybertron. Since it was moved back to July, they needed product to fill the gap. That said, Hasbro is pleased with the positive feedback and are interested in continuing the line in some form. I suspect it will become a sideline to replace Alternators.

Classics was only filler, the movie was originally to be released in November 2006, right after Cybertron. Since it was moved back to July, they needed product to fill the gap. That said, Hasbro is pleased with the positive feedback and are interested in continuing the line in some form. I suspect it will become a sideline to replace Alternators.

Yes but when. Where did you hear this btw? Has kyde from allspark dropped any hints? I still have hope for megatron in better colors and the rest of the seekers in mass market.

Grimlock must not be happy with his feet of late. On his Alt he walked on his seats, now he walks on his mouth.

Heh.

I wish his classics feet would tilt forward some more. I tried to put him in a sort of feral crouch pose, but his feet won't let him lean forward enough for a proper "wild" look.

Any word on the TRU exclusive Soundwave reissue?

I saw quite a few of them at TRU (Times Square) about 2 weeks ago.

I was looking at parents with a little boy picked it up, but a boy wasn't interested at all!

(I wish my parents picked me up a Microman Casseteman back in 80's...)

A boy probably had no idea what cassete players are??

Yes but when. Where did you hear this btw? Has kyde from allspark dropped any hints? I still have hope for megatron in better colors and the rest of the seekers in mass market.

Air Raid is an F-15 like the Decepticon seekers, imagine if they kept the size and redid the transformation. Imagine, a Superion arm the size of Starscream, and a Silverbolt the size of Optimus.

Edited by kensei

They didn't say anything. They just said at Botcon that they were pleased and would like to do more Classics later on if possible. I'm just speculating that if they somehow actually do it, it would probably replace Universe or Alternators (which I don't think is coming back).

Paint chips?

There are so many versions these days. Was it:

Takara's MP-1 Convoy?

Takara's MP-4 Convoy w/ Trailer?

Hasbro's 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime?

Hasbro's Optimus Prime (with DVD)?

I have MP-1 and it's near perfect with no paint snafu's, chips, or misaligned parts.

its says takara MP-1 Convoy and it came with the longer smokestacks. i only paid $90.02 shipped(MISB) for it so its not bothering me too much. i did notice that the piston at the feet pop out on one side when i TF it into truck mode but thats about it in regards to misaligned parts. the only other thing is the paintchips and it was chipped straight out the box. its no biggie, it would've chipped eventually and i have no intention of reselling it, i really like it.

So no classic Galvatron :( . Hasbro should at least reissue the original Constructicon set.

I'm holding out hope that the Titanium 6" line does a G1 Galvatron. They already did a great job on G1 Rodimus Prime, Scourge and Ultra Magnus. A Cyclonus would be nice too.

I'd love to see a G1 Constructicon re-issue set with extra gestalt parts that allow for true articulation. The upcoming Classics Devastator is just a repaint of Energon Constructicon Maximus, which is a pretty decent set.

Guest sh002

I'd still buy Masterpiece, Alternators, Classic, and Titanium figures before most or all of the movie toys. What a shame if they do get rid of the Alternators or Classic line for good.

Yeah, 6" Titaniums are really the only outlet for Hasbro to make figures and characters from storylines that probably can't support themselves as a full-fledged line.

Energon Galvatron is great.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

I know this has probably been asked before, but does anyone have an exact date MP Megs is hitting the street in Hong Kong? I have a friend passing through there in a week or so and it would be great if he could pick me up one.

I know this has probably been asked before, but does anyone have an exact date MP Megs is hitting the street in Hong Kong? I have a friend passing through there in a week or so and it would be great if he could pick me up one.

March 28th

Megatron looks good, the legs are skinnier than I

thought they'd be but whatever it still looks good.

Whats the deal with the Eggs that change into Birds?

Titanium Series Megatron

new version available at BBTS i'm not sure if i like it

sort of resembles him better in robot mode.

The head scuplt is much better to me. Though

having NO hands doesnt make a lot of sense.

I'm not familiar enough with War Within to know

why his Alt mode is whatever it is.

Now if he'd been a gun I would certainly buy it.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

Titanium Series Megatron

new version available at BBTS i'm not sure if i like it

sort of resembles him better in robot mode.

The head scuplt is much better to me. Though

having NO hands doesnt make a lot of sense.

I'm not familiar enough with War Within to know

why his Alt mode is whatever it is.

Now if he'd been a gun I would certainly buy it.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

He does have hands, they are holding the weapons but at the same time, obscured by them

Man I want MPC Megatron. I just dont want to pay $100.00 for him. :(

Also I really love the War Within Comics but that Megatron looks like crap. He is proportioned weird compared to the comic.

WW-Megs

There was this really strange Takara TF commercial about the time Optimus Prime was killed off in the movie (though the movie was never screened in Japan until 1991 or so) where a bunch of (US military?) helicopters are carrying the damaged body of Prime, with dozens of americans below in what looks like New York chanting 'Convoy! Convoy! Convoy!', ending with one young kid yelling 'COOOONNNNNNNVVVVVOOOOOYYYYY!'

Apparently it was to introduce Rodimus Prime taking over or something.