Transformers Super Thread 5

Not that it would change anything but they should have had a large picture of Megatron in robot mode only on the front of the box like Optimus.

You have GOT to tell us what you kitted that Grimlock out from! It's awesome...

Just got my half of the two pack from meh_cd, CLassics Ultra Magnus, and I must say, I like UM better than Prime for once... the figure is very striking in white, I just wish the gun had some paintwork like Prime's...

Just got my half of the two pack from meh_cd, CLassics Ultra Magnus, and I must say, I like UM better than Prime for once... the figure is very striking in white, I just wish the gun had some paintwork like Prime's...

I kinda like Ultra Magnus better too. I just switched the guns. :D

Now I have Prime, Starscream, Magnus, Skywarp, Ramjet and 4 Jetfires.

I going to do some mod work on some of the Jetfires.

nice looking grimlock. is that one of those roadbots?

It does look like on of the RoadBots. Is it the Land cruiser?

either way it looks good.

The sculpting's a little iffy on the chest piece (not that I could do better), but that is an impressive custom... we really should get a new Wreck-gar... in reality, we've already gotten modern figures of alot of the Movie characters...

Finally found the Magnus/Skywarp two-pack--my first copy of each mold. Pretty nice, though I found that Magnus' large "arm armor" doesn't lock onto the grill well in truck mode. Just mine, or inherent to the mold? Also, does the roof fairing lock at all, or just lie there on top?

Finally found the Magnus/Skywarp two-pack--my first copy of each mold. Pretty nice, though I found that Magnus' large "arm armor" doesn't lock onto the grill well in truck mode. Just mine, or inherent to the mold? Also, does the roof fairing lock at all, or just lie there on top?

Inherent in mold. It relies on tightness to grip the tabs on the grill.

The roof fairing just lies on top, there are 2 small holes that 2 pegs go into but they do so just to hold place, there is no locking going on unfortunately.

Guest sh002

saw this auction. how nice would this have been? next to it the other one just looks like thundercracker.

post-2880-1172896781_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1172896800_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1172896811_thumb.jpg

Edited by sh002

Any rumors on a Classics Thundercracker? I'll be ticked if it's a Botcon exclusive or something...

I'd be uber pissed if it were for botcon as well. I have a feeling hasbro won't shaft us like that though, they could still make a couple more classics waves, we need a thundercracker and anime accurate astrotrain as well as the remaining 2 seekers.

Guest sh002

i would love to see a classics or titanium blitzwing, shockwave, dirge, thrust, roadbuster, whirl, omega supreme, and the remaining dinobots

Anyone think Shockwave'll ever get reissued? I was thinking this morning about how much I'd like a Shockwave but I'm too lazy to pay for a real nice old one.

My understanding is that Takara/Hasbro doesn't own the Shockwave mold. So, for much the same reasons as Jetfire and Whirl, he will never be reissued.

Hey, did anyone who watched the first robotmasters fan sub that black valk posted notice that starscream is actually shown attacking in gerwalk form. Other than one drawing in the new transformers comic by IDW I never knew than any other images of screamer as a gerwalk existed

Man I really love the classics line.

I have them all except Megatron(cant find em here) Astrotrain(same as Megs) and Cliffjumper(still plenty of him)

I wasnt going to get the Optimus Prime until I got the Magnus/Skywarp set and I loved the Magnus so I nabbed the prime also.

My favorites are Jetfire and Mirage. Mirage is so posable!

I would say Jetfire is my favorite than Ramjet. His wings do not get on the way of his gun poses like Skywarp and Starscream. I have painted two of my Jetfires to look more like the comic. Having black missiles makes a difference.

You're assuming the company still exists.

Fine... buy whoever bought the mold after they folded.

I know they survived for some time, as I saw a toy catalog in the late 90s with a version of the 'bot. Original phallic trigger version, no less.

I know they survived for some time, as I saw a toy catalog in the late 90s with a version of the 'bot. Original phallic trigger version, no less.

And now you're assuming that it's easy to track down the rights from the folded company, if they folded. Could easily be like DYRL where a bunch of different companies had a stake and now the rights are unclear.

Maybe it's not complex at all, but maybe it's just not worth the extra bucks to license something when they can just use stuff they already own. Who knows?

I thought Hasbro's last word was that Classics wasn't permanantly over with and that they may revisit the line in the future?

Either way, regardless of what the lines are called, I just want more TF toys that are designed like the Classics are. And if we're lucky they'll release that Classics Cosmos in some other line.