Transformers Super Thread 5

Thanks for the input guys, on the BT-17 (& Hasbro version) & BT-18. I'd like to complete my Binaltech series, but it really bums me out when they come out with these limited exclusive figures that are 5x the normal price.

Yep, I was at the Con all 4 days trying to get Nemesis, but they're always sold out for that specific day...and they were only $25 each.

By the way, great pic Los. Hopefully tmpanime will have ours be shipped soon!

I wuld prefer the Nemesis Prime over BT-17, mainly because fo the price, and partly the paint scheme. No doubt having more diecast is good, but I felt like they took out some colors I like on Nemesis and introduced a bit too much grey. For a much cheaper price, a Nemesis is still very fun.

Though be prepared to fix a couple loose joints on the Nemesis. Some of the joints could be sturdier, like the hips and the knees.

To those who have their MP Megatron, where did you order yours from, and did they come with the orange cap added to the front of the barrel?

Ordered mine from Hobby Link Japan.

Came with a removable yellow butt plug. :p

do you think theres a way to make some kind of resin attachment piece to cover/hide the internals of the legs? this would also make the legs look thicker which would greatly improve the robot mode. just throwing it out there. :)

can someone show it next to its real Walther P38 so we can see the size difference?

i don't own a real P38, maybe JsArclight(or other gun collectors) owns a real one and picked up the MP megs?

that being said, it might look somewhat to scale if Andre the Giant were holding it. put it this way, if i was running around the streets with this cannon in hand, the cops would shoot first and ask questions later. :D

What gimmicks are there? (aside form the LED scope)

i haven't noticed any gimmicks on it other than the LED. no two faces like the SS, no moving jaw like prime, just the additonal weapons/accessories. its kind of lame they couldn't incorporate some cool little feature into it but i'm still happy wiht my purchase. :)

side note:

after TF'ing back and forth once, i've inflicted numerous scratches all over it and its not from manhandling it. the transformation is so complex and flismy, the parts end up scratching against each other no matter how careful you are. :mellow: its safe to say i won't be TF'ing this again for a long long time.

side note:

after TF'ing back and forth once, i've inflicted numerous scratches all over it and its not from manhandling it. the transformation is so complex and flismy, the parts end up scratching against each other no matter how careful you are. :mellow: its safe to say i won't be TF'ing this again for a long long time.

And with that we can see this toy was never designed with Hasbro's playwear and durability standards in mind (like most TFs are, regardless of if it is never sold in the US). That sounds dissapointing. Edited by Fit For Natalie

And with that we can see this toy was never designed with Hasbro's playwear and durability standards in mind (like most TFs are, regardless of if it is never sold in the US). That sounds dissapointing.

well seeing as it was made by takara, no. :p

i feel you but this is bigger and more detailed than your average transformer, you know just plain ugly in every way. while the robot mode has a few weird things going on, overall i think they did a great job on it. while the scratching/es bother me, it doesn't bother me enough that i regret my purchase in anyway, it was a $100 well spent in my book. :)

Edited by do not disturb

well seeing as it was made by takara, no. :p

i feel you but this is bigger and more detailed than your average transformer, you know just plain ugly in every way. while the robot mode has a few weird things going on, overall i think they did a great job on it. while the scratching/es bother me, it doesn't bother me enough that i regret my purchase in anyway, it was a $100 well spent in my book. :)

Eh, being made by Takara usually makes no difference. Takara usually design TF toys to adhere to US and Hasbro's own standards, even if the toy was not commissioned by Hasbro or developed in cooperation with Hasbro. Otherwise they wouldn't need to use long missiles for toys that have never been released in the US under Hasbro's TF brands.

This time they didn't bother because they knew Hasbro would have no way of selling this in the US ;)

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Is there any post with tips for transforming? this thing is so stiff I just don't DARE to transform mine... It looks like is going to snap when I'm forcing the arms. The balljoins on mine fall very easy too.

Is there any post with tips for transforming? this thing is so stiff I just don't DARE to transform mine... It looks like is going to snap when I'm forcing the arms. The balljoins on mine fall very easy too.

I take off all the ball jointed parts before I transform mine.

i've TF'ed mine a few times already, most of the scary "snaps of DOOM" wear out enough so they aren't DOOMING anymore after the 3rd try.

interestingly, the manual's prescribed method to unlock the shoulders is the dooming part. it says something like "pull out of shoulder socket".

i've found that you could do it safer by just pushing down on the shoulder 'til it pops out.

i'm actually happy with the engineering on this, and there's places that don't have any articulation, (like a rotating bicep) mostly due to the engineering, but pretty good overall.

yeah, i woulda liked at least 1 extra gimmick, Prime wins 4 to 1 :lol:

and oddly enough, i don't have any concerns about Megs toppling over. i have those concerns with Prime!

I have Prime, Starscream and Megatron, all MP. Also, i have binaltech Shockwave. ALL in all, they are ALL great, most specially starscream.

The Megatron, i probably will never transform, just because i bought him robot mode only, i dont care about the gun. Megatron with the spark character looks nice next to prime. I have them standing togheter, and really, make one another look better. And, they are a bit bigher than 1/48th yamato.

Still, i love the vf-1 1/48th better, cause of stability, lightness, and ease of transforming and retransforming, but, the MP are much more affordable (50 - 100$ with shipping), and look damn nice too, and i will keep buying new ones!!!

Again, really really happy having the optimus and megatron next to one another.

If I may ask, what are peoples general opinion of MP Starscream? I don't have him, but am very pleased with both the MP Prime and MP Megs.

If you don't mind all the liberties taken with starscreams character design the MP version of him is a real blast.

If I may ask, what are peoples general opinion of MP Starscream? I don't have him, but am very pleased with both the MP Prime and MP Megs.

My first impressions were along the lines of, "It's ginormous!" The fighter jet is as big as a 1/48 VF-1 and is pretty damn awesome.

The robot mode is solid, in that there are no gaps anywhere on the robot body.

The display stand is a beautiful piece, and I only wish that all the MP TFs had some kind of display stand.

The missles are also a nice touch to the fighter jet.

Mines didn't break, despite it had fallen once, but there are a few stress marks on some hinges out of the box.

I've only transformed Starscream once to robot mode and left it on the display stand. It's sturdy on the stand, but Starscream can stand on it's own.

Starscream is cool, there are a few stress marks on mine but I've transformed it loads of times. He does fall over backwards often because of the back weight: wings, nosecone, tailfins... You can get him to stand in a few poses, though, it's not that tough. You just have to twist the legs at an angle and stuff.